Hasta la Vista, Netflix

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

terryg
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Hasta la Vista, Netflix

Post by terryg »

With the price hike, we went to streaming only. Between Redbox and blockbuster, we can get our DVD needs for much less $$$.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

MadMonkey
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MadMonkey »

I've been a subscriber for about a year... did the DVD thing for a while, but decided it was too much of a waste and switched to streaming only. The price change didn't affect me... all I have to do is look at the cost of actually renting a movie or paying for cable, and it makes me EXTREMELY happy to have Netflix.
“Beware the fury of a patient man.” - John Dryden

Gunner21

Post by Gunner21 »

Yep cancelled my sub as well. 17.99/mo so I can have streaming as well as my one at a time dvd rental? I'll find another way to watch movies. Most of what I'm interested in watching I can get on Amazon for a song.

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

I am an instant-gratification kind-of-guy.
Every movie that interested me on Netflix (and there never are a whole lot them), always showed up as having to get a DVD mailed to you. I have no patience for waiting to have something mailed to me that I want to watch.
I tried Netflix 2 or 3 times but found that it just wasn't worth the money to me. If they ever change their business-model and make all of their offerings available without having to wait on something being delivered, I may reconsider.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

tbrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tbrown »

Oldgringo wrote:Two dvd's at a time for $12/month. What's not to like about that?
Nothing if they have the titles you want and they're available without a long wait.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

tbrown wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:Two dvd's at a time for $12/month. What's not to like about that?
Nothing if they have the titles you want and they're available without a long wait.

Thanks, I was beginning to think there was something wrong with us. :clapping:

We're okay with NetFlix and its change now that we know that streaming is not mandatory. Our monthly bill actually halved and we're okay with that too.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

After a slew of popunders(popups in reverse), Netflix could be free and I wouldn't use the service.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Topic author
tacticool
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tacticool »

Oldgringo wrote:
tbrown wrote:

We're okay with NetFlix and its change now that we know that streaming is not mandatory. Our monthly bill actually halved and we're okay with that too.
If you're happy with it, that's what's important for you.

Most of the movies these days don't interest me, so I have a tough time finding DVDs to watch, except for a few cable shows like Dexter which I recently finished watching. I have an even tougher time finding streaming content that interests me on Netflix, but it was nice filler when none of my "at home" DVDs were actually at home. So for me it makes sense to cancel after I watch the last few DVDs in my queue.

P.S. Thanks to philip964 for suggesting Breaking Bad. Especially since it's streaming, so no 4-5 day turnaround!
When in doubt
Vote them out!

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 7

Post by sjfcontrol »

tacticool wrote:
Oldgringo wrote:
tbrown wrote:

If you're happy with it, that's what's important for you.

Most of the movies these days don't interest me, so I have a tough time finding DVDs to watch, except for a few cable shows like Dexter which I recently finished watching. I have an even tougher time finding streaming content that interests me on Netflix, but it was nice filler when none of my "at home" DVDs were actually at home. So for me it makes sense to cancel after I watch the last few DVDs in my queue.

P.S. Thanks to philip964 for suggesting Breaking Bad. Especially since it's streaming, so no 4-5 day turnaround!
Ahem! If you check the post above his -- you'll find I was the one that brought up Breaking Bad! :mrgreen:

Just caught up with the current season. Two more episodes to go, one tonight, the final of the season next sunday.

Anybody know when season five begins? This series is as addicting as the subject matter!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

Topic author
tacticool

Post by tacticool »

sjfcontrol wrote:Ahem! If you check the post above his -- you'll find I was the one that brought up Breaking Bad! :mrgreen:

Just caught up with the current season. Two more episodes to go, one tonight, the final of the season next sunday.

Anybody know when season five begins? This series is as addicting as the subject matter!
:tiphat: Thanks to sjfcontrol and philip964.

I finished S1 of Breaking Bad last night. I think Netflix only goes through S3 but that should be enough until I cancel. Maybe I'll re-up Netflix for a month or two next Summer to catch up on this year's cable shows. :mrgreen:
When in doubt
Vote them out!

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

tacticool wrote:
sjfcontrol wrote:Ahem! If you check the post above his -- you'll find I was the one that brought up Breaking Bad! :mrgreen:

:tiphat: Thanks to sjfcontrol and philip964.

I finished S1 of Breaking Bad last night. I think Netflix only goes through S3 but that should be enough until I cancel. Maybe I'll re-up Netflix for a month or two next Summer to catch up on this year's cable shows. :mrgreen:
You're Welcome!
Correct, but you can find season 4 at various places online -- although streaming isn't as good. You can also purchase (??) thru iTunes if you want to pay for them.
Never Forget. Image

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

Any opinions about "Warehouse 13"?

Watched about half the pilot this afternoon, and was intrigued. (Ran out of time.)
Never Forget. Image

TLE2

Post by TLE2 »

I went streaming only months before the price increase. I kept forgetting to return the DVDs for months on end. Shows you how much I wanted to watch them.

My problem with streaming is they don't seem to be trying to up the offerings on streaming.

As to last video? I would vote for "Zombieland" as well. It's hilarious.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... (Jefferson quoting Beccaria)

... tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Oldgringo »

We reactivated our NetFix today. :clapping: Unlimited 2 DVD's for $12/month! What's not to like about that?

$12 buys 3 gallons of diesel...on a good day and the nearest real picture show is 50 miles away. Y'all do the math. Oh? Did I mention, snacks, drinks and projector control?

apostate

Post by apostate »

Oldgringo wrote:We reactivated our NetFix today. :clapping: Unlimited 2 DVD's for $12/month! What's not to like about that?

Selection and availability? :evil2:
Oldgringo wrote:Oh? Did I mention, snacks, drinks and projector control?
That's been true since the VHS era. The question seems more about the mix of DVDs (Qwikster/Netflix, Redbox, other) and streaming (Netflix, Hulu/Hulu Plus, tv.com, other) and downloads and cable and IPTV and OTA and various other options available for home entertainment.

Return to “Off-Topic”