August 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

JMCruz
Posts in topic: 18

Re: August 2011 Applications

Post by JMCruz »

Grapevinebill wrote:I am right on the cusp so to speak of an August/September application. I mailed on 8/31 and the post office shows my app as delivered on 9/2. My first update was 9/09 so I really can't complain too much..... My problem is I am watching teh September 2011 Application room and seeing people who saw their first updates later than mine passing me in the process. How much can I push this with DPS? They are telling me to sit tight and call back in a few weeks but it is pretty frustrating. Any thoughts?

:txflag:
Yeah if it hasn't been two weeks they won't help you apparently.
TX National Guard, 2008-Present
SP 2022 w/ Shielded Holster
36 days mailbox to mailbox.
9/17-Plastic!!

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

:iagree: Probably Thursday. I hope my holster gets here by then. :headscratch
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Grapevinebill wrote:I am right on the cusp so to speak of an August/September application. I mailed on 8/31 and the post office shows my app as delivered on 9/2. My first update was 9/09 so I really can't complain too much..... My problem is I am watching the September 2011 Application room and seeing people who saw their first updates later than mine passing me in the process. How much can I push this with DPS? They are telling me to sit tight and call back in a few weeks but it is pretty frustrating. Any thoughts?

It's pretty frustrating. Mine has been mailed since the 16th. If I magically get my plastic in the mail today it will be a total of 54 days. I have seen some guys receive theirs in 30 days or less. I would say to continuously call. It couldn't hurt. I wish there was some type of system that could explain why some guys get the express lane while others get the full 60 days.
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Just checked. No mail today
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

I called DPS again this afternoon with a minor deviation in the results. Today’s representative was much less friendly and about as helpful as yesterday’s representative was. She was very quick to tell me that they had 60 days to respond and I quote “It won’t be any sooner and it won’t be any later than that.”
Well, we all know that isn’t the truth, but she did let it slip that my background check that is under review hasn’t been assigned to a technician yet. Any clues to what that’s all about?
My plan is to keep calling every day to see if we can make something budge. I’ve spoken to 2 different women and my hope is to get the dude to answer the phone as i've seen in previous posts where he was willing to help and look into the file to see is there is a hold up or not.

I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

cz75texas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cz75texas »

No happiness in my mailbox today :banghead:

Jim88
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim88 »

I'm starting to think that an update that says "Mailed" doesn't really mean that it's on its way. Mine has said that since the morning of 9/15 so I'm assuming that it means it has left the printer and nothing more. As long as I have it prior to needing it ...

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

I think I mentioned this before. It appears that they might be batch mailing them. :headscratch
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

rusty86
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rusty86 »

Mine showed "mailed" Thursday. As of today, hasn't arrived yet (Houston). Hopefully by the end of the week...

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Well I got some good news!!! The holster for my XDm will be here tomorrow. So I will definitely have it when the plastic shows up. :hurry: :mrgreen:
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

Ok forgive me for ranting, but the more I think about this the angrier I get. Think about this... My packet was delivered to DPS on 9/2/2011. The paperwork sat there for 7 days before someone took it and entered my data into a keyboard so the system could say "hey Bill, we received your package!". So far, about 10 minutes of effort on the part of the DPS.

then someone orders a background check and enters that into the system so Bill knows the process has begun, another 10 minutes. Now, 2 weeks later absolutely nothing has been done regarding my application. Zero, zip, nada! And that's according to the DPS. It is waiting to be assigned to a technician, and until then nothing happens.

They have had it for 19 days so far and they have spent about a half hour on my application and all they can say is consider yourself lucky because we have 60 days to get it done..... And people wonder why people want to protect themselves when we are treated like this by our government? If the rest of the country knew about how the great state of Texas is processing our applications and treating citizens who are trying to exercise their second amendment rights our governor would half to retire!

"The reason there is a second amendment is incase the government doesn't honor the first!".... Rush !
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Arch Stanton
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Arch Stanton »

Seems worse than it is I think. 7 of those 19 days were weekend/holidays and you've been under review for what, 7 or 8 business days? Frustrating I know, but it could be worse... believe me.

Topic author
Tx_XDm

Post by Tx_XDm »

Arch Stanton wrote:Seems worse than it is I think. 7 of those 19 days were weekend/holidays and you've been under review for what, 7 or 8 business days? Frustrating I know, but it could be worse... believe me.
:iagree: They don't work on the weekends so you have to account for them. you will get an update just give it a little more time.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Jim88
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jim88 »

Tx_XDm wrote:I think I mentioned this before. It appears that they might be batch mailing them. :headscratch
I worked for the PO for about a year when I was in college. The advantage to batch mailing them would be the reduced delivery costs. I could explain more but it would bore everyone - including myself.

jdxd45
Posts in topic: 18

Post by jdxd45 »

Yea: I still don't know what happened to the first license that was mailed on the 26th of August. DPS listed them as lost and or stolen and remailed on the 14th of September and I am still waiting. If they were stolen I can't imagine what anyone could do with them.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”