Post Your Revolver Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 4

Post Your Revolver Carry

Post by longtooth »

I know several of you carry revolvers as primary. I have upgraded my Sunday carry to .38 sp. After talking to JLaw I began carrying my Smith 66 some. I will start & would like to see your revolver carry rig & the comments that will teach an old dog a new carry.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Taurus 85 in a Galco Tuckable. I did modify the holster a litt to raise it up & cant forward. It is my Sunday carry w/ a Bianchi speed strip reload.

CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Smith 66 in a Desantis Speed Scabbard. Modified this one some too. Took the outside shield off down to the base of the cylinder. The outside originally matched the inside sweat shield portion. It was quite easy to draw but took 3 hands & the wife's help to get reholstered. Works great now.
I have been carrying it w/ the 5.11 vest as cover. The holster on Mitch Rosen's belt stays snug & stationary. If I am getting dirty I can cover w/ only a heavy cotton shirt w/ no printing issues at all. I have been very pleasantly surprised. Thank you JLaw.
HKS speed loader.

HighVelocity
Posts in topic: 2

Post by HighVelocity »

My little 642 aka Petunia, goes everywhere I do. It's just too small and lightweight to leave behind.
Of course, it's loaded with Gold Dot for short barrels.

I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 1

Tiny Tina

Post by jbirds1210 »

This little 642 has sparked my long time love of wheel guns back into action! I am looking for a used IWB comp-tac to allow carry with no pockets. Tiny Tina lives happily in a HighVelocity custom Kydex holster as a BUG in my strong side pocket. I carry one loaded Bianchi speed strip with her.

NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

This pic may look familiar...

anyway, it's a crappy holster, it is reversible, soas I can go from 6 o'clock to inside my coat's pocket with a simple exchange of the metal clip.
however, it's open on the bottom, which I hate in a holster, cause I dunno want any grime getting into the barrel. aaaaaaaand the clip, being metal, I fear will damage the seat in mah truck, which is unacceptable!!!
anyway, hurr ya urr.
Taurus .357 Mag, with crappy holster.
I have two Bianchi speed strips, as well.
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

Taurus 651SS .357 packing 135gr. +P Gold Dots. I carry 1 speedloader if I pack the wheelie.

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

That's a fine lookin' wheeler, ya got thar, Syntax!
nice backdrop, too.

hey, what holster do you use, aaaaaaaand, you ever thought about getting the barrel ported? I've been told that reduces the recoil considerably. As you know, I'm sure, that thing kicks like a mule!
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

S&W 340PD (.357). Crimson Laser Grips, Galco pocket holster. Bianchi Speed Strip and sometimes an HK Speedloader. Always carry. I am like LT this is my only carry on Sundays.

JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JLaw »

Thank you for the kind words, longtooth. Could you give a little more detail on the belt you're carrying with? A good belt has been on my mind recently. Here's my rig, S&W 19-5 in a Shado clamshell, Bianchi speedloader case holding onto the Safariland Comp II which keeps the extra 6 in place. ;-)

JLaw

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

My belt is a Mitch Rosen that I bought barely used (off highroad I think)w/ a holster & double mag carrier. Sold the holster & carrier so I own the belt for about $40.00. His is too high for me to own new. There are many GOOD gun belts for about $60.00 to $70.00 out there.
If I had to choose a quality belt or a quality holster first & then save for the other, I would get the quality belt first then work on the holster.
Matter of fact that is what I am doing. Have the belt & ordered the holster after our time together at Diode's. Tucker.

Where do you carry your speed loader pouch???

fm2

Post by fm2 »

I am still getting my 642 kitted out. I added the Hogue grip, still looking for a holster.
Lots of good looking revolvers here.

Rosen makes an excellent belt!
HighVelocity, nice grips!

I wonder how many people here carry small revolvers? I think I'll open a poll. :smile:

j1132s

Post by j1132s »

Syntax360 wrote: Image
That looks like the back of a PC mother board.
Edit to add: ISA bus? With on board multi io?

ru934

Post by ru934 »

not really what i carry on me, but first up is the s&w xvr 460. i keep this under my arm rest in my truck(50% of the time) just in case somethin major pops up an i need a lil distance!
second, is the ruger sp101, .357 that i actually carry in a universal pocket holster(yes, i have REALY BIG POCKETS!)
third, is the little .22 mini revolver i keep on my ankle(caint even get close to the target with this lil guy.....i would actually have to stick the barell to the bg to make a hit) better than bein necked down there i guess right

[img][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/ ... 010158.jpg[/img][/img]

JLaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by JLaw »

longtooth wrote:
Where do you carry your speed loader pouch???
I carry the pouch in the 1:00 position, between the belt buckle and the first belt loop on my jeans. No reason other than the fact that that's where I've always carried it, and that's where I practice my reloads with it located at.

Thank you for the info on the belt, I sure need to invest in a good belt very soon. These Academy 'blue-light special' belts work great for holding my pants up, but that's about all they're good for! ;-)

JLaw

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”