August 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Arch Stanton
Posts in topic: 19

Re: August 2011 Applications

Post by Arch Stanton »

Mine's been under review for about 30 days now, so I'm guessing it may still be a while before it gets finished. I'll give them another call next week, but I'm not too hopeful.

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Arch Stanton wrote:Mine's been under review for about 30 days now, so I'm guessing it may still be a while before it gets finished. I'll give them another call next week, but I'm not too hopeful.
Mine was under review for about 35 days. I know it doesn't help but it did take that long before my FP and BC were complete. I would still call though.
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Z8442
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Z8442 »

Just checked the mail. Nothing today.......I needed to go to walmart today too. :mad5
CHL since 09/23/11
56 days total

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

Starting to see some people from the September applications going to mfg and mailed already. I think I will give them a couple of days and then call. :mad5:
:patriot:
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

Arch Stanton
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Arch Stanton »

Z8442 wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:Mine's been under review for about 30 days now, so I'm guessing it may still be a while before it gets finished. I'll give them another call next week, but I'm not too hopeful.
Mine was under review for about 35 days. I know it doesn't help but it did take that long before my FP and BC were complete. I would still call though.
Yea, when I talked to them last week they said my bg check was the holdup. I do have a hickey on my record, but I'm guessing the fact that I have a pretty common name isn't helping things. I've had a little trouble with airlines over the name thing so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what's going on here too.

JMCruz
Posts in topic: 18

Post by JMCruz »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FINGERS!!!! :woohoo
Today was the day! I was working today and my dad sends me a text saying I got it. I almost left just to get it. The bad thing is that I have to work tomorrow and I can't conceal in uniform. Also, the only way I can carry a weapon, in uniform, is if it's part of my duty.
Again thanks a lot for giving me a place to talk about the wait. It was a horrible 36 days, but I made it!

:thewave
TX National Guard, 2008-Present
SP 2022 w/ Shielded Holster
36 days mailbox to mailbox.
9/17-Plastic!!

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

Enjoy, wally walk and then come back and see us!!!! :cheers2:
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

JMCruz

Post by JMCruz »

Tx_XDm wrote:Enjoy, wally walk and then come back and see us!!!! :cheers2:
Soon :thumbs2:
9/17-Plastic!!

bluejay71
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bluejay71 »

JMCruz! That's awesome! I'm so glad you got it! :thewave
Pretty quick to Houston. Maybe mailed really meant mailed! What was the postmark (for those of us still obsessing!) Your's went to Mailed on the 13th. 4 days is amazing. A lot of others seemed to take at least 6-7! Maybe those of us just behind you will get ours on Tuesday! :drool:
I hope you get to enjoy carrying in the next couple of days!
CHL since August 2012

cz75texas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by cz75texas »

Hey everyone! New to the forum but long time observer! Im late on the wagon but better now then never. I submitted my app 8/6 and stayed at BG/Fingerprint under review from 8/9 until 9/15.....I called weekly and seemed to be annoying a few of the reps (oops) but on 9/15 one more call discovered that I had been cleared long before and had somehow fallen through the cracks. Everyone seemed to have given me the general 60 day comment but this one gentleman actually looked a bit further into it and sent an email to get me into the manufacturing process! Good people up there in Austin! Cant complain about the little hickup...the process is much faster then before. Thanks to all in the licensing dept! Good luck to all who are still in the process! mailed 9/17! :fire :fire :fire :fire

Grapevinebill
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Grapevinebill »

Good news JMC. Enjoy the privilege of being an American, and the right to carry. Wally Walk pictures are on the way I hope.
I've spent a lot of money on guns, bullets and holsters.... The rest I've just squandered away!

bluejay71
Posts in topic: 36

Post by bluejay71 »

cz75texas,
Good thing you stayed on top of it. And good thing you finally talked to someone who cared enough to do a good job and look into it a little further for you. Sort of a testament to why we are pursing our CHLs...no one cares about you and yours more than you yourself. The government doesn't care about you. You've gotta take care of yourself! And next week, we will all be able to do just that! :patriot:
CHL since August 2012

JMCruz

Post by JMCruz »

bluejay71 wrote:JMCruz! That's awesome! I'm so glad you got it! :thewave
Pretty quick to Houston. Maybe mailed really meant mailed! What was the postmark (for those of us still obsessing!) Your's went to Mailed on the 13th. 4 days is amazing. A lot of others seemed to take at least 6-7! Maybe those of us just behind you will get ours on Tuesday! :drool:
Postmarked on the 15th, two days after it said mailed. Hmm seems like Texas likes to lie ;-)
Went out to eat with my dad today and he didn't know I was carrying until I told him. He knew that I got my license yesterday, so far really enjoying it.
Grapevinebill wrote:Good news JMC. Enjoy the privilege of being an American, and the right to carry. Wally Walk pictures are on the way I hope.
Thanks, I do love being American!
9/17-Plastic!!

Topic author
Tx_XDm
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Tx_XDm »

JMCruz wrote:
bluejay71 wrote:JMCruz! That's awesome! I'm so glad you got it! :thewave
Postmarked on the 15th, two days after it said mailed. Hmm seems like Texas likes to lie ;-)
Went out to eat with my dad today and he didn't know I was carrying until I told him. He knew that I got my license yesterday, so far really enjoying it.
Grapevinebill wrote:Good news JMC. Enjoy the privilege of being an American, and the right to carry. Wally Walk pictures are on the way I hope.
Thanks, I do love being American!
This puts us on pace to receive our plastic on Thursday.
CHL since 09/21/2011
NRA Member
TSRA Member

JMCruz

Post by JMCruz »

Hopefully sooner. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all!
9/17-Plastic!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”