Brothers, I have seen the LIGHT!! Please forgive me...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Sidro
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Brothers, I have seen the LIGHT!! Please forgive me...

Post by Sidro »

Scott congrats on the new SR1911, I really like mine. If you are looking for an owb holster check this site out I bought one for my SR1911 and really like it. It is well worth the wait and money.

QS-BTP from Jeffery custom leather http://jeffreycustomleather.com/Conceal ... sters.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

helicopterpilotdoug

Post by helicopterpilotdoug »

The 1911 is a great platform. Glad you have now seen the light. :thumbs2: :woohoo :thewave
I've loved the good old 1911 45 ACP for 43 years now, ever since I was introduced to it back in Basic Training.
It just feels right in my hands, and when it came time to qualify back then, I shot expert with it. :anamatedbanana
Never have found another handgun that feel so right.

keroseneburner

Post by keroseneburner »

Congrats on your 1911. Dry firing every chance you get will help get rid of that flinch. :cheers2:

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jumping Frog »

Well, I gave you a good steer with Vance's, Now take a look at Welcome to Zlogonje Gunleathers and give Dan a call.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

hooknbullet

Post by hooknbullet »

Congratulations! My SR1911 is my favorite shooter, but I don't carry it because that beavertail digs in to my "side-meat"(certainly no fault of the pistol :roll: )...not to mention 43 ounces loaded is a load! I find the XD/Supertuck combo far more comfortable for carry. :txflag:
Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
(I don't know who deserves credit for this quote, but I like it.)

gwashorn

Post by gwashorn »

Be careful, this 1911 disease is very aggressive and it will spread. My safe is becoming heavily infected since my first one. I can't help but feel it will only spread. My XDs are becoming jeolous as they have even taken over my normal carry EDC option. :biggrinjester:
Gary
AGGIE '74
NRA, TSRA, TFC
Team Trainwreck

TheGasMan

Post by TheGasMan »

Congrats. I'm also very tempted by the Ruger 1911. Didn't see a single one at the gunshow today. I didn't inquire at every table so may have missed it, but there certainly weren't many around.

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott in Houston »

TheGasMan wrote:Congrats. I'm also very tempted by the Ruger 1911. Didn't see a single one at the gunshow today. I didn't inquire at every table so may have missed it, but there certainly weren't many around.
They are almost impossible to find. I was at 2 major gun stores today who both said they don't think they'll see another one for months.

gwashorn wrote:Be careful, this 1911 disease is very aggressive and it will spread. My safe is becoming heavily infected since my first one. I can't help but feel it will only spread. My XDs are becoming jeolous as they have even taken over my normal carry EDC option. :biggrinjester:
I think my Glocks are going to be able to commiserate with your XD's.

hooknbullet wrote:Congratulations! My SR1911 is my favorite shooter, but I don't carry it because that beavertail digs in to my "side-meat"(certainly no fault of the pistol :roll: )...not to mention 43 ounces loaded is a load! I find the XD/Supertuck combo far more comfortable for carry. :txflag:
Yeah... It will really test whether my belt is worthy. I will carry as soon as I do some IDPA with it and comfortable with the platform.

AndyC wrote:Image
Congrats on graduating to an adult pistol ;-)

Now, go get yourself a copy of Kuhnhausen's manuals Vol 1 & 2 and sin no more :mrgreen:
Whoa... I'm ordering those right away. I'm going 'all-in' on this 1911 platform.
What's funny is, I still love my Glocks. It hasn't taken away from that at all... only added to the toys I want!

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:The 1911 is a great platform. Glad you have now seen the light. :thumbs2: :woohoo :thewave
I've loved the good old 1911 45 ACP for 43 years now, ever since I was introduced to it back in Basic Training.
It just feels right in my hands, and when it came time to qualify back then, I shot expert with it. :anamatedbanana
Never have found another handgun that feel so right.

Thank you for your service! :patriot:
Mine feels right too!

Jumping Frog wrote:Well, I gave you a good steer with Vance's, Now take a look at Welcome to Zlogonje Gunleathers and give Dan a call.

Those like nice!

keroseneburner wrote:Congrats on your 1911. Dry firing every chance you get will help get rid of that flinch. :cheers2:
Oh definitely. It's helped me a lot already, but usually later into a session, it will come up more again.
When it does, I put a snap cap in my magazine to test myself.

Great input everyone!! Thanks!!! :cheers2:

bikerbill

Post by bikerbill »

Nice shooting, nice gun!! .. I caught the bug a few years ago with a Springfield Loaded Champion, my current nightstand gun ... followed that with a Kimber UCII in .45 ACP which I carry in cooler weather ... In the market for No. 3, not sure what it will be but I can assure you that once the bug bites, there's no cure ... :patriot:
"There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men." Robert Heinlein

"The difference between a welfare state and a totalitarian state is a matter of time." Ayn Rand

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Scott in Houston »

I know!!! I'm so sick.
All day I've been on STI's website and I'm really thinking the Trojan is the next 1911 for me.

What is wrong with me? My new Ruger isn't even a week old??? I'm sick. Sick I tell ya!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”