How many on here have the new Ruger SR1911?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Scott in Houston
Posts in topic: 9

How many on here have the new Ruger SR1911?

Post by Scott in Houston »

I found this thread which was very helpful and has me dying to get one, but was curious how many on this forum own one now.

Also, how do you like it? Of course, I'd like to hear the thoughts of all those who own it... and even those who have only shot it.

I turn 41 in 2 days, and this may be my b-day gift to myself (well, really from my wife as she allows me to purchase it). :lol:

mrvmax
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How many on here have the new Ruger SR1911?

Post by mrvmax »

They are hard to get but I think the best 1911 for the money (well, at least when they start selling for regular MSRP). I have fired one and I really like the SR1911. I wish Ruger would start making enough to meet the demand.

Sidro
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Sidro »

I own one and for the price ($640) you can not get a better pistol than this. Accuracy is good and have had no problems with several different types of ammo thru about 500 rounds.

Topic author
Scott in Houston

Awesome. I hope I can get a hold of one soon. I didn't realize they were in such short supply.
Thanks for the input guys.

Rugerboy50

Post by Rugerboy50 »

I checked with a shop this morning and was told Ruger will not be shipping anymore 1911's this year.

Couldn't get a reason why.

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Sounds like an excuse to me. Employee 1: "We can't get this gun in because it's in super high demand, what do we tell our customers?" Employee 2: "Tell them that the manufacturer isn't making any more until next year."
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

zx9rt1

Post by zx9rt1 »

I've had mine for a couple of months and could not be happier with it.
"Processing Application"

Griffen

Post by Griffen »

Scott in Houston wrote:I found this thread which was very helpful and has me dying to get one, but was curious how many on this forum own one now.

Also, how do you like it? Of course, I'd like to hear the thoughts of all those who own it... and even those who have only shot it.

I turn 41 in 2 days, and this may be my b-day gift to myself (well, really from my wife as she allows me to purchase it). :lol:
I checked around at the gun show in Dallas a few weeks back, and never had a snif of the Ruger. I asked a few vendors but they all claimed they were out of stock.
Lifetime NRA Member
Member Texas Firearms Coalition

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress. -John Adams

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The word is that Ruger doesn't make much profit off the SR1911 so they do not plan on ramping up production to meet demand. As for the comment by G.A. Health, popular guns are allocated out. They go first to high volume dealers and then trickle down to other dealers as demand wanes. The dealer has no control in what they get from distributors so the dealer is no making excuses. Colt, Springfield, Ruger, STI - just about any popular 1911 is hard to find and you have to wait to get one. Try finding a tier II Colt anniversary model and you will see what limited supply does to pricing and availability. It's the same thing with a Raven Concealment holster, it took me three months to get mine.

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

Found this unverified statement on another forum:
We called Ruger and spoke with sales and they said they had no idea this was going to go over this good, so they are doing all they can to mass produce a very desired pistol and doesn't look like real soon you will see and hold one. I asked if the price was going up? He said, no it would be the same.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

hooknbullet

Post by hooknbullet »

I've had mine since May, great pistol :fire
Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
(I don't know who deserves credit for this quote, but I like it.)

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

Rugerboy50 wrote:I checked with a shop this morning and was told Ruger will not be shipping anymore 1911's this year.

Word on the Ohio Concealed Carry Forum is Vance's have a lot in stock for $699. There's a Ruger weekend coming up there next weekend, so they were sent a large supply of them.

Vance's is both one of the largest firearms dealer in Ohio as well as the most aggressively priced dealer in Ohio, and they get a lot of product that is hard to get anywhere else.

Here is their website. Call the store and have it shipped to your FFL. The sales tax you save will about equal the shipping anyway.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Topic author
Scott in Houston

G.A. Heath wrote:Sounds like an excuse to me. Employee 1: "We can't get this gun in because it's in super high demand, what do we tell our customers?" Employee 2: "Tell them that the manufacturer isn't making any more until next year."
I was told this yesterday. The range I shoot at had 3 when it first came out. I wish I would have purchased then.
That same place said what's quoted above.

They said they same about another gun (non-Ruger but can't remember which it was).

Topic author
Scott in Houston

Jumping Frog wrote:
Rugerboy50 wrote:I checked with a shop this morning and was told Ruger will not be shipping anymore 1911's this year.

Word on the Ohio Concealed Carry Forum is Vance's have a lot in stock for $699. There's a Ruger weekend coming up there next weekend, so they were sent a large supply of them.

Vance's is both one of the largest firearms dealer in Ohio as well as the most aggressively priced dealer in Ohio, and they get a lot of product that is hard to get anywhere else.

Here is their website. Call the store and have it shipped to your FFL. The sales tax you save will about equal the shipping anyway.
Thanks!! I'll call them when they're open again!

hooknbullet

Post by hooknbullet »

Forgot to mention, I got mine at AGR Outdoors, on Cypress N Houston, $589.99.This may hve changed, supply & demand,etc.
Always Remember:
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.
(I don't know who deserves credit for this quote, but I like it.)

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”