0 Days to Parking Lot!!!!!!!!!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Will the parking lot law have a significant impact on how often you carry?

Yes - without a doubt
28%
Some impact - the law will help, but I don't drive to work everyday
4%
No - my employer is cool about guns (including those self employed)
16%
No - no guns at work but parking lot has not been off limits
15%
No - don't ask, don't tell - employer says no but my personal security trumps my job security
16%
No - don't work, just fish - (I'm retired suckas!!)
8%
No - too big of a chance of it being stolen from the car
1%
No - the law left me out in the cold - I still can't store it in my car at work
10%

Total votes: 194

WildBill
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 0 Days to Parking Lot!!!!!!!!!!

Post by WildBill »

:thewave :party:
NRA Endowment Member

Wfahey
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Wfahey »

It felt good to be able to bring mine with me today.

kjolly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kjolly »

How many of us celebrated the new law by bringing a gun today?
Now have a rolling fort.
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Certified Trainer, IDPA
NRA Range Safety Officer

http://www.tacticalpistol.us

texanron
Posts in topic: 5

Post by texanron »

G26 in the console!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

SQLGeek
Posts in topic: 3

Post by SQLGeek »

:hurry: :coolgleamA: :woohoo

But I took the bus today.... :shock:
Psalm 91:2

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

I'm happy for everyone who can now drive to work armed. Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to buy this property that my employer leases from the feds.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Stormwatcher

Post by Stormwatcher »

It will if I can keep it in my car. I work at a chemical plant. The law is so confusing. I have a CHL. Can I keep it in my car without getting fired?
CHL Class Taken Oct. 8, 2008
Application Mailed Oct. 9, 2008
Application Rec'd by State Oct. 14, 2008
Rec'd PIN Oct. 31, 2008
Application Completed Jan 26, 2009
Plastic in Hand Jan 30, 2009 (108 days)

denwego

Post by denwego »

I'm super happy for everyone who got to carry for the first time today to work! My fiancée's boss already carries and knew my fiancée has one in the car as well, but it's good to have the extra layer of legal protection.

As for me, I'm in one of the locations exempted from the law, so I'll continue to scare bad guys away with my harsh language.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

This new law will not change anything for me. Company policy has always been that firearms were prohibited in vehicles even in unsecured parking areas. My personal safety trumps company policy. I would not have ever allowed anyone to search my vehicle. What is in my vehicle is no one's business but my own. I am past retirement age; if I was forced out it would be no big deal as I can start my own consulting business in my field and make more bucks anyway.

Everyone I work with knows I am a firearms and 2A fanatic. We regularly talk firearms andconcealed carry. My dotted line mgr knows not to ask. My counterpart in another technology and I both are Kimber fans and carry the same model.

Recently we had to discipline an employee. Our building has nocompliant 30.06 posted. After the session I was talking to my counterpart and commented that the session went well. We were concerned about the individual because he has a short fuse. My counterpoint glanced at his backpack and commented that he was ready. I nodded in agreement.

My dotted line mgr recently commented that she had spoken with the HR manager about the employee and told me that he said "Please be sure that Anygunanywhere is close by when we do this, if you know what I mean". She agreed.

Personal safety is a daily decision.
Great law. Baby steps.

God bless Texas.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

dac1842

Post by dac1842 »

Won't change a thing here as I drive a company car. I really enjoy them paying the gas bill!~

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

I would be very uncomfortable leaving one of my guns in the car. Too easy for someone to steal. Glad I’m retired and don’t have to worry about my stuff being unguarded.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

Stormwatcher

Post by Stormwatcher »

Commander Cody wrote:I would be very uncomfortable leaving one of my guns in the car. Too easy for someone to steal.
Guns are cheap and can be replaced easily. I'll trade a gun for a life! Especially my life or one of my family members. I'll risk getting mine stolen!
CHL Class Taken Oct. 8, 2008
Application Mailed Oct. 9, 2008
Application Rec'd by State Oct. 14, 2008
Rec'd PIN Oct. 31, 2008
Application Completed Jan 26, 2009
Plastic in Hand Jan 30, 2009 (108 days)

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

Commander Cody wrote:I would be very uncomfortable leaving one of my guns in the car. Too easy for someone to steal. Glad I’m retired and don’t have to worry about my stuff being unguarded.
There's a survey option for that. Both of those actually. :cool:

Commander Cody

Post by Commander Cody »

& I have used it.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson USMC 1967-1970 101st. Underwater Mess Kit Repair Battalion - Spoon Platoon.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 11

Re: 1 Day to Parking Lot - Poll

Post by C-dub »

3dfxMM wrote:
cowboymd wrote:I'm waiting to see if the current policy is revised and publicized, or if the no guns on property policy just goes away quietly? Also curious to see if the proper 30.06 signs at the entrances of the parking lots disappear.
Nothing about this new law negates those 30.06 signs. They will still make it illegal for you, or anybody else with a CHL, to carry a gun when leaving the car. Thanks to the MPA, the 30.06 signs had no bearing on having a gun in the car. The only thing this law does is prevent some employers from making it against company policy to have a gun in the car.

I do not mean to downplay the importance of this law. It is one of the good ones.
So not true. The posting of a 30.06 sign indicates a policy, for which they are not allowed, by law, to have with regards to employees. That sign is meaning less to employees' vehicles in the parking lot. They could post it to prevent us from carrying in the building, but it is only effective for non-employees in the parking lot. I'm not sure how the law actually interprets the difference, but the sign wouldn't apply to employees.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”