Woman Dies After Home Invasion Shooting

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Woman Dies After Home Invasion Shooting

Post by Beiruty »

No ridicule was implied. In PM, I wrote about this thread:

I understand. I do live in the safest city in Collin County and maybe the safest city in TX. The most I fear is that my house would be cased and targeted (model house) while we are away at work, or out of town on weekend gateway. Like today, I asked my wife to stay in the car, while I peeked into my backyard first, then proceeded to "inspect" the house alone.

We have maybe once a year a "home invasion" in next town (McKinney) where the homeowner was shot in struggle. Burglar(s) were surprised that the homeowner was at home asleep at early night or late afternoon.

Other "home invasions" that happened at night are mostly in old parts of cities and it is more less drugs related.

Breaking in, while expecting someone inside is more or less a "hit" or someone is intended to rape, kill like what happened in New Heaven, CT.

And...

The video states that victim was a small business owner, a smoke shop, was she targeted because of the money, or because of other motives (drugs, tobacco smuggling, etc) we do not know. However, it sad what happened. But, having 3 Armed BGs breaking in is not fun at all and only a determined and well prepared homeowner can counter with adequate force.

Initially, I may have skipped the video, but maybe I should not do that again.

Thanks for the heads up.

And finally,...

Here is another fresh one in the very expensive area of Houston, I guess.

The owners walked into the house while being burglarized:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/lo ... e-invasion

Something should be done against those BGs,
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

speedsix
Posts in topic: 7

Post by speedsix »

...I think we all agree on what should be done to a home invader, any disagreement deals with how...and how to prepare... :thumbs2:

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

speedsix wrote:...I think we all agree on what should be done to a home invader, any disagreement deals with how...and how to prepare... :thumbs2:
Good thing the TX law is on the right side (homeowners) :smash:
Beiruty,

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...we did that...and it took a long time...our involvement and loud voices are the reason we have law behind us now...instead of against us, like so many other states...an appropriate time to thank those here most actively involved in the legislative process and most faithful to write their legislators instead of just griping... :patriot:

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Beiruty wrote:I understand. I do live in the safest city in Collin County and maybe the safest city in TX. The most I fear is that my house would be cased and targeted (model house) while we are away at work, or out of town on weekend gateway.
Why do you not fear that your home will be cased and targeted while you are there?
Beiruty wrote:Other "home invasions" that happened at night are mostly in old parts of cities and it is more less drugs related.
I have to disagree. Home invasions/break-ins can happen anywhere at anytime. It is not just old parts of a city. I live in a new area and we have home invasions and burglaries quite often. I know people that live in a gated community, new and older subdivisions, the "nice" part of the city, country, and many other places that also have problems with home invasions/break-ins. Unfortunately it is the world we live in.

I do not know exactly what you mean by "drug related" (breaking in because they are on drugs, looking for drugs or to sell stolen items for drugs) but either way I also have to disagree with that. The majority of the time that a house is broken into is for the thieves to steal items that they want for themselves or can sell for money. What they do with that money i have no idea as I am not a thief.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

I still have a concern that a break in could happen while we are at home. However, whoever try that would be countered with deadly force.
As for my case, carrying at home is not "workable", my wife would consider this as extremely out of line, she could be certainly wrong in her views, but our life would be like living at 10,000 volt lines, very well charged.

Note: Drug related, drug deals went bad, bad debt for drugs, fighting about selling drugs, resulted in a "hit" at said apartment.
Beiruty,

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...I lived for years in a marriage where the wife hated/despised guns...saw no need for them nor did she want them in the house...I was well armed, taught my three young sons to shoot, where the guns were, and how to reach them, and she never knew that the four of us stood ready to do battle on her behalf...we hid it from her successfully for about ten years...I for much longer than that...it can be done...

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

Beiruty wrote:No ridicule was implied. In PM, I wrote about this thread:

I understand. I do live in the safest city in Collin County and maybe the safest city in TX. The most I fear is that my house would be cased and targeted (model house) while we are away at work, or out of town on weekend gateway. Like today, I asked my wife to stay in the car, while I peeked into my backyard first, then proceeded to "inspect" the house alone.

We have maybe once a year a "home invasion" in next town (McKinney) where the homeowner was shot in struggle. Burglar(s) were surprised that the homeowner was at home asleep at early night or late afternoon.

Other "home invasions" that happened at night are mostly in old parts of cities and it is more less drugs related.

Breaking in, while expecting someone inside is more or less a "hit" or someone is intended to rape, kill like what happened in New Heaven, CT.

And...

The video states that victim was a small business owner, a smoke shop, was she targeted because of the money, or because of other motives (drugs, tobacco smuggling, etc) we do not know. However, it sad what happened. But, having 3 Armed BGs breaking in is not fun at all and only a determined and well prepared homeowner can counter with adequate force.

Initially, I may have skipped the video, but maybe I should not do that again.

Thanks for the heads up.

And finally,...

Here is another fresh one in the very expensive area of Houston, I guess.

The owners walked into the house while being burglarized:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/lo ... e-invasion

Something should be done against those BGs,
...I googled "home invasions in McKinney, Tx"...you might want to do that, too....ANYPLACE, ANYTIME...

Medic624
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Medic624 »

My prayers go out for her and her family!

...IMO in this realm of crime this has got to be one of the most cowardice acts... To enter a home and terrorize the occupant(s) at gunpoint deserves nothing less than either never leave the house alive or spend many many years in prison. :banghead: :mad5 :banghead:

Just one more example and why I not only take the occasional ridicule from the ppl who know and don't but why I'm never more than arms reach away from my EDC even while in the shower.
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam (AMDG)
It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.
George Washington

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Deleted and moving to PM.
Last edited by Beiruty on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Beiruty,

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

PM...

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Purplehood »

Beiruty wrote:While carrying at home is a bit "freaky" for the average joe, or soccer mom, I can see where this is plausible. However, if someone does not feel safe in his house, I would say it is the time to move out to a better place. In case, this option is not possible for whatever reason, An AK, or Shotgun is a better home defense option. Carrying a Pistol at home maybe an option. However, at home I would say you should all the time be able to retrieve your shotgun or your preferred home defense weapon, if this is not possible, security measures are to be reviewed.
Can you tell me where this "better place" might be, please?
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

speedsix wrote:...I lived for years in a marriage where the wife hated/despised guns...saw no need for them nor did she want them in the house...I was well armed, taught my three young sons to shoot, where the guns were, and how to reach them, and she never knew that the four of us stood ready to do battle on her behalf...we hid it from her successfully for about ten years...I for much longer than that...it can be done...
I was in your situation with my wife for about ten years until our daughter was born. After a few what if scenarios and applying some logic she saw the light and gave me her blessing to get my first gun. It was only a short time later that she asked if I was going to get a CHL. I informed her that I had already received the application in the mail and my class was scheduled in about three weeks. This was about 10 years ago.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

And she even bought me the Henry for my birthday about 6-7 years ago.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

speedsix

Post by speedsix »

...That's either true love or an inordinate fear of Indian attack...

Return to “The Crime Blotter”