Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
pbwalker
Posts in topic: 8

Re: Signs for the CHLer

Post by pbwalker »

RttlTrap wrote:
pbwalker wrote:
RttlTrap wrote:That one only applies to UNLICENSED carry.
That is incorrect. You'll see the sign says LICENSED and UNLICENSED.

This is the sign that applies to UNLICENSED carry.
Oops! My public school education is showing :oops:

Guess it helps to actually read the sign,eh... :rules:

I think you're right -- looks like a photocopy of a 51% sign. I'm sure I would have misread it in person as well.
Honestly, I may have walked right past it...I've become so accustomed to looking for the red 51% that I could have easily missed that one.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

paulhailes
Posts in topic: 4

Post by paulhailes »

RPB wrote:
Second look:

looks like a paper photocopy of a 51% sign someone taped to a door ... NONE of the red ink copied as the border, the print at the bottom etc?

Where was this?

What kind of establishment?

If hospital I"d look and see if there was a 30.06

If restaurant/bowling alley/movie theater/ whatever/any other place, I'd ask to see their liquor license .. I don't go into bars
It was a bar, but I didn't know that until I got inside, I got one of those livingsocial deals for food at the place. The only reason I saw the sign and bothered to read it was because I thought the place might have been 51% and I didn't seen a 51% sign. The sign was not faded, and there was no 51% anywhere in any color. Even a photocopy of red shows up as grey, I was guessing that maybe it was an old sign and they never updated it.

AdioSS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by AdioSS »

Recently I have been in a few places where I questioned (to myself) their posted signs.

I was an extra in a movie that was using an old hospital as their home base. It had the 30.06 sign on what used to be the main entrance, but that entrance was sealed. Since this place no longer functioned as a hospital & was pretty much stripped out & abandoned, should a legal CHL holder been permitted to carry inside of it?

And there is a pool hall/bar that I frequent that does not have any 51% signs posted anywhere that I could see. There is this old TABC sign by the front door:

I have never carried inside of their since I would likely be drinking & bending over while shooting pool could expose things that I don't want exposed. One of the part time bar tenders is a cop & when she is there, she has her Glock in the office. And pretty much across the street is the local police department, so I never feel unsafe at this bar.

tommyg
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tommyg »

I recently got my Texas CHL.

I had a Permit to carry in another state for 8 years but the laws were very different from Texas

I went in to my bank today and did not see a "no carry sign"

Is it legal to carry into this bank???
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

stephengauntt wrote:Is it legal to carry into this bank???
Banks are LEGAL to carry in, unless they post a legally enforceable 30.06 sign
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Soldiernurse
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Soldiernurse »

Teamless wrote:
stephengauntt wrote:Is it legal to carry into this bank???
Banks are LEGAL to carry in, unless they post a legally enforceable 30.06 sign
I realize always the possibility of a bank hold-up. To have CCW on person could be good/bad, either way. If, you (innocent CCW person) can get the jump, so to speak, on the perp without endangering others then :clapping: However, the perp sees you have a gun & reacts fast then :eek6

Another scenario, the rent-a-cop (no disrespect to the real LEOs) sees you have a gun and gets flustered. He somehow inconveniently goes deaf to the fact you are licensed to CCW. Meanwhile, bank teller hits the button f/by the LEOs arrive locked, loaded and pointed.

Think for what little time I'm in the bank my first aid kit, AKA PPS 9mm, will be secured inside my truck. On the otherhand, think I'll ask the Security guy @ my local bank, w/first aid kit secured away in truck, about such policy. This of course with no 30.06 posted.

... just my 2 cents
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

paulhailes

Post by paulhailes »

Soldiernurse wrote:Another scenario, the rent-a-cop (no disrespect to the real LEOs) sees you have a gun and gets flustered. He somehow inconveniently goes deaf to the fact you are licensed to CCW. Meanwhile, bank teller hits the button f/by the LEOs arrive locked, loaded and pointed.
How would he see you had a gun?
Soldiernurse wrote:Think for what little time I'm in the bank my first aid kit, AKA PPS 9mm, will be secured inside my truck. On the otherhand, think I'll ask the Security guy @ my local bank, w/first aid kit secured away in truck, about such policy. This of course with no 30.06 posted.
If there is no 30.06 then thats there policy why mess with it? When you carry is a personal decision, but personally I carry all the time and only disarm when entering a place I am not legally allowed to carry. To each his own.

Gunner21
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Gunner21 »

Waco Regional Airport.

Gunbuster sign on the front door. No 30.06

The Blue TABC sign was in the... get this ... washrooms.

Looked at gate to secure area, no 30.06 posted. Not one that I could see.

chlag01
Posts in topic: 2

Post by chlag01 »

Gunner21 wrote:Looked at gate to secure area, no 30.06 posted. Not one that I could see.
Gate to secure area doesn't need 30.06. It's explicitly prohibited by 46.03(a)(5):
PC §46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
(5) in or into a secured area of an airport.
Only exceptions being 46.03(d-e):
(d) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(5) that the
actor possessed a firearm or club while traveling to or from the actor's
place of assignment or in the actual discharge of duties as:
(1) a member of the armed forces or national guard;
(2) a guard employed by a penal institution; or
(3) a security officer commissioned by the Texas Private Security
Board if:
(A) the actor is wearing a distinctive uniform; and
(B) the firearm or club is in plain view; or
(4) a security officer who holds a personal protection authorization
under Chapter 1702, Occupations Code, provided that the officer
is either:
(A) wearing the uniform of a security officer, including any uniform
or apparel described by Section 1702.323(d), Occupations Code,
and carrying the officer's firearm in plain view; or
(B) not wearing the uniform of a security officer and carrying
the officer's firearm in a concealed manner.
(e) It is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a)(5) that the
actor checked all firearms as baggage in accordance with federal or
state law or regulations before entering a secured area.
CHL since 08/31/2011
XDm Compact 3.8" 9mm in Comp-Tac MTAC holster
TSRA Member

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

Paul, my apologies if I've offended. :tiphat:
I was merely thinking out loud, so to speak.
:coolgleamA: ?
USMC/ArmyRet w/TX CHL, Member of/NAGR, NRA, TSRA, USCCA, TCHA; CA .40 Pitbull Revolver, XD40sc, PPQ40, SA 1911 EMP9, Glock19 GenIV TrueGlo TFO Sites, BP9cc, PF9, T/C .308 VP & Mossberg500 JIC Cruiser w/ATI Talon Tactical 6-Pos Stock

paulhailes

Post by paulhailes »

Soldiernurse wrote:Paul, my apologies if I've offended. :tiphat:
I was merely thinking out loud, so to speak.
:coolgleamA: ?
Its no problem i'm not offended, and I understand what your saying about people misjudging you if they somehow found out you were carrying. I just don't think there is a reason to create any potential tension between myself and the staff at the bank by discussing my carry preferences with them. I didn't mean to cause any issues I was just responding to your posts, sorry if I came off harsh.

Edit: added blue

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

Paul, :thumbs2:

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

Went into a Liquor Store earlier today. The blue unlicensed sign was posted in front of the door. I also saw sign which read no unopened alcoholic beverages on the premises allowed. Thus, CHL holder w/CCW can walk right in to buy some whiskey, or poison of choice.
:cheers2:

MasterOfNone
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MasterOfNone »

Soldiernurse wrote:Went into a Liquor Store earlier today. The blue unlicensed sign was posted in front of the door. I also saw sign which read no unopened alcoholic beverages on the premises allowed. Thus, CHL holder w/CCW can walk right in to buy some whiskey, or poison of choice.
Did it really say "unopened"?
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Soldiernurse

Post by Soldiernurse »

MasterOfNone wrote:
Soldiernurse wrote:Went into a Liquor Store earlier today. The blue unlicensed sign was posted in front of the door. I also saw sign which read no unopened alcoholic beverages on the premises allowed. Thus, CHL holder w/CCW can walk right in to buy some whiskey, or poison of choice.
Did it really say "unopened"?
The clerk mentioned unopened in our conversation which was in reference to consumption of alcohol not allowed on the premises, as stated on the door entry sign. I guess if it ain't opened, then no worries. :headscratch

Return to “New to CHL?”