Hello from south TX , My wally walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
packn1
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Hello from south TX , My wally walk

Post by packn1 »

Not a problem with drawing at all been carrying like this for years around the ranch (with out a holster).Getting in and out of truck it just never seem to be in my way or hang and we always carry because in this area illegas want your truck! Will say this if i gain another 10 pounds ill be looking for a new spot. :tiphat:
People sleep peaceably in there beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

WolfeJager
Posts in topic: 1

Post by WolfeJager »

South Texas eh? That store looks a little familiar...

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Congrats on the plastic! If it works for you at 6 o'clock...great! I am a 3:30 sort of guy. My old shoulders are no where near flexible enough to get at it in the SOB quickly.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Mr.ViperBoa

Post by Mr.ViperBoa »

I have that same pair of crocs. lol
Christian/Family man
Veteran
CHL Instructor
http://www.texaschlsolutions.com/

maestrobranson

Post by maestrobranson »

Congrats! I know what you mean about carrying on the ranch, my in-laws live west of Cotulla by Big Wells...we spent Thanksgivng under a BP chopper overhead. But it sure is a relief to be able to protect my self and my family in public. Nice gun btw, pretty.
Class-2/12/11
Online Application-2/14/11
Papers sent-2/16/11
Updated online-3/25/11
Plastic in hand-4/12/2011

fishman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by fishman »

Welcome. You did great. I wonder if some people get suspisious when they see someone with a camera or a phone taking pictures in a WALMART! I know if I saw it I'd walk by and say congrats. :tiphat:
IANAL

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

fishman wrote:Welcome. You did great. I wonder if some people get suspisious when they see someone with a camera or a phone taking pictures in a WALMART! I know if I saw it I'd walk by and say congrats. :tiphat:
When I did my wally walk 3-1/2 years ago, I had no problem with taking pictures. I even got a wally world employee involved.......and he had no idea what was really going on. I told him we were in a scavenger hunt game and that we had to take a picture of everything we found/bought for the game to prove that we didn't already have it; and that ammo was on the list:

But 2 years ago when my wife got her CHL and we did her wally walk in the very same store, we started taking pictures, but a manager told us to stop. So we only got a couple of pics of her, one outside the store and another one inside the store before the overzealous insect made us stop. I tried giving him the same song and dance as we did before, but some people just have no sense of humor. Their loss in life.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

fishman

Post by fishman »

Now thats a great picture, Tam.
IANAL

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

I can tell I like that employee pointing at the ammo box. Number one, she is doing it. Number two, she is enjoying doing it. Number three, she has pictures of her kids on her id badge.

By the way, what IS the color of that shirt...fuchia? No wonder you are feeling a little peeved. -1 brother...lol :lol:

Second edit: You and I look eerily the same. Now I am feeling a little annoyed! :evil2:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I am thinking that shirt is light eggplant, :mrgreen:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

johnson0317 wrote:I can tell I like that employee pointing at the ammo box. Number one, she is doing it. Number two, she is enjoying doing it. Number three, she has pictures of her kids on her id badge.

By the way, what IS the color of that shirt...fuchia? No wonder you are feeling a little peeved. -1 brother...lol :lol:

Second edit: You and I look eerily the same. Now I am feeling a little annoyed! :evil2:
Huh. I thought she was a dude. :headscratch
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

C-dub wrote:Huh. I thought she was a dude. :headscratch
I can see your quandry. I am going on the long hair and the small size of the ear ring. Although there are a lot of long-haired dudes out there (I used to be one), they usually wear larger ear rings (I still have two holes in the left ear...none in the right. It still means one thing to me when a guy has that right ear pierced).
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Nice purple shirt, TAM...at least it isn't pink! :leaving
Psalm 91:2

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

johnson0317 wrote:I can tell I like that employee pointing at the ammo box. Number one, she is doing it. Number two, she is enjoying doing it. Number three, she has pictures of her kids on her id badge.

Hate to tell yah...... That employee was a guy with long hair. :mrgreen:

The shirt is pretty close to the color you see in the picture. I'm pretty secure in my masculinity. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Dang! I had it pegged as a masculine girl. Good thing I am married and don't have to figure out gender anymore.

Speaking of which...on my first date with my wife, I wore a pink polo. She married me anyway.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA

Return to “New to CHL?”