HPD officer punches handcuffed suspect in the face

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HPD officer punches handcuffed suspect in the face

Post by The Mad Moderate »

Cops like this should be fired immediately, they give a bad name to the other 99.99 percent of good cops out there and also create a more dangerous environment for them too.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

Russell wrote:http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011/07 ... d-suspect/

Literally waddles up and punches the guy. :waiting:
Serves him right. It ain't right to make a lady walk the tracks...badge or no badge.

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

The union will more than likely do everything to make sure the job is secure. Why did the other LEOs that were there not arrest her (him) right on the spot? Just asking...............
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

Pug

Post by Pug »

loadedliberal wrote:Cops like this should be fired immediately, they give a bad name to the other 99.99 percent of good cops out there and also create a more dangerous environment for them too.
:iagree: Good lord . . . I've agreed with a liberal!

Grammy

Post by Grammy »

Pug wrote:
loadedliberal wrote:Cops like this should be fired immediately, they give a bad name to the other 99.99 percent of good cops out there and also create a more dangerous environment for them too.
:iagree: Good Lord . . . I've agreed with a liberal!
Me too, aaahhh hangs head...
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul, can always depend on the support of Paul.

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

Police officers are expected to act profesionally at all times, this officer did not and should answer for their actions. Law enforcement is held to a higher standard, as they should be.
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

I'm surprised HPD only fields 1200
Excessive force complaints - even that number is high because it doesn't factor in the false reports.

That said, this officer needs to go. She looks dumpy and unathletic from the video, but the article says she was part of the chase. I wager that she was embarrassed that other officers caught the guy and took it out on him.

I've only been that livid at one person that we've fought. It was a guy who we arrested for punching his 3 month old in the face and breaking it's jaw. He fought five of us and tagged me in the face as I was first in(I blocked and countered but he had long arms). After he was in cuffs (45s fight with two tazings) I was chewing him out and one of my buddies had me go outside to get a camera. Problem solved.

I wouldn't have hit him - it's not worth it, but the desire was there after I spent 3 hours at the hospital with the baby.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Pug

Post by Pug »

gigag04 wrote:I've only been that livid at one person that we've fought. It was a guy who we arrested for punching his 3 month old in the face and breaking it's jaw...I wouldn't have hit him - it's not worth it, but the desire was there after I spent 3 hours at the hospital with the baby.
You are a more disciplined man than I -- and honestly, I'm glad to know that you wear the blue. Thank you for your service!
:tiphat:

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

That number might be a little "hopeful", but I certainly agree with the sentiment. :thumbs2:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

seeker_two
Banned

Post by seeker_two »

Brian Mobley wrote:Police officers are expected to act profesionally at all times, this officer did not and should answer for their actions.
And the likelyhood of this happening to a HPD officer is?.....
Howdy y'all. Glad to be here.....

rbftfire

Post by rbftfire »

The video seems to be removed or unavailable.

texanron

Post by texanron »

12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

seeker_two
Banned

Post by seeker_two »

"Relieved of duty during investigation" doesn't mean fired....I'm waiting to see what the investigation results and dispostion show....
Howdy y'all. Glad to be here.....

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

gigag04 wrote:I'm surprised HPD only fields 1200
Excessive force complaints - even that number is high because it doesn't factor in the false reports.

That said, this officer needs to go. She looks dumpy and unathletic from the video, but the article says she was part of the chase. I wager that she was embarrassed that other officers caught the guy and took it out on him.

I've only been that livid at one person that we've fought. It was a guy who we arrested for punching his 3 month old in the face and breaking it's jaw. He fought five of us and tagged me in the face as I was first in(I blocked and countered but he had long arms). After he was in cuffs (45s fight with two tazings) I was chewing him out and one of my buddies had me go outside to get a camera. Problem solved.

I wouldn't have hit him - it's not worth it, but the desire was there after I spent 3 hours at the hospital with the baby.
I have to agree with Pug, you are the man, I could not show such restraint when a child has been injured.
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Return to “Off-Topic”