MI: About 1/6 CHL holders are women

Discussion of other state's CHL's & reciprocity

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 2

MI: About 1/6 CHL holders are women

Post by seamusTX »

According to statistics compiled by the Michigan state police, about one in six holders of a concealed pistol license (about 17 %) are women. In Wayne County, the county that includes the city of Detroit, it's 22 %.

The article does not state the total number of current licensees, but it is something like 300,000 in a state with a population of 10 million. Most licensees, male and female, are in their 50s or older.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... r_con.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michigan has had shall-issue licenses for about 10 years with no significant controversy.

Note to the perpetual critics of the media: the article does not include the "mandatory fair-and-balanced" counterpoint from a Brady mouthpiece organization saying that women are better off with non-lethal weapons and curling up in a ball when attacked.

Also the people of Michigan are not Yankees. They are mostly descendants of 19th- and early 20-century European immigrants and African-Americans. The Detroit area has the largest concentration of recent Arab immigrants in the U.S.

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

OldCurlyWolf
Posts in topic: 1

Re: MI: About 1/6 CHL holders are women

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

They may not be Yankees by some definitions but they are by mine.

1. They supplied troops to the North in the War of Northern Aggression.
2. They live way north of the Mason-Dixon
3. They have a weird accent.

1+2+3= Yankee

:coolgleamA:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:They may not be Yankees by some definitions but they are by mine.

1+2+3= Yankee

:iagree:

Yup, not "East Coast" Yankee's......but a subspecies. ;-) :mrgreen:
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

Thank you for making it clear that those of us who were not smart enough to choose where to be born are at best second-class citizens.

- Jim

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

seamusTX wrote:Thank you for making it clear that those of us who were not smart enough to choose where to be born are at best second-class citizens.

- Jim
Your welcome
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

seamusTX wrote:Thank you for making it clear that those of us who were not smart enough to choose where to be born are at best second-class citizens.

- Jim
I am very proud to born and raised in Texas, however I have many dear friends who are not from here and would not trade them for anyone. I also have met people who were born in Texas that I would rather not hang out with.

Welcome to Texas my friend.
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

jmra

Post by jmra »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:They may not be Yankees by some definitions but they are by mine.

1+2+3= Yankee

If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck...
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

seamusTX wrote:
Note to the perpetual critics of the media: the article does not include the "mandatory fair-and-balanced" counterpoint from a Brady mouthpiece organization saying that women are better off with non-lethal weapons and curling up in a ball when attacked.

- Jim
Reminds me of the UT University of Texas Taylor Alert this morning
http://www.uttyler.edu/police/campuscrimealert.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The female reported that the offender in this case grabbed her and attempted to drag her toward the tree line between Old Omen Road and parking lot 7.

The victim screamed several times. A passing motorist noticed the incident taking place and slowed down.

If you are attacked, do as the victim did in this case and scream loudly.
Yeah, especially if he has a knife at your throat, like the University of Houston incident ...
preferably, scream while you still have working vocal cords, because the rapist, having a knife which won't attract attention for someone to help you by making noise like a gun would, had to be left at the criminal's home because he read a sign that said no guns were allowed, and being a law abiding rapist ....
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

- Jim
Yeah like all those people that founded the Republic and defended the Alamo...

Well I guess now that I've had a kid born here, I have a Texas anchor baby.
Psalm 91:2

JNMAR

Post by JNMAR »

1+2+3= Yankee

Actually they are Mid-West by definition. My wife is from Michigan and yes her mother's side of the tree immigrated from Europe, her dad from Arkansas. She has a quite normal sounding accent when compared to most of us Texans. The fact they supplied troops to the North during the Civil War only says that they had it right. Slavery was wrong...both then and now. I'm ashamed of the bigotry I was exposed to as a child both in my home and outside, the fact that one could be proud of it says volumes about who they are.

Don't get me wrong, I have no misconception that your mind can be changed. I'll just leave it with this, "Everyone has the right to be wrong". That includes you.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

- Jim
No kidding...jeez.

It's funny, but you should hear some of the things people up North say about Texans.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Ed4032 wrote:

- Jim
Your welcome
If you are going to try to be funny, be sure to learn the difference between Your and You're.
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

pbwalker wrote:
Ed4032 wrote:

- Jim
Your welcome
If you are going to try to be funny, be sure to learn the difference between Your and You're.
You're right, sorry about that.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

74novaman

Post by 74novaman »

I'm always disappointed there aren't more women carrying. They have more to gain by utilizing a gun to fend of a rapist than a big guy like me does. Most of the reason I carry is because I have a wife to protect.
TANSTAAFL

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

I am a woman and I have a CHL. I carry because I have three little ones who depend on me for their defense when my husband (their daddy) is not around. They need me to be alive, and to be able to defend them from the evil that lurks in this world. A firearm gives me the advantage of being able to defend myself and them from a reasonable distance (before being maimed/killed by a criminal). Now if they could only come up with a holster that fits a pregnant woman's body. That would be amazing!
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Return to “Other States”