The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
v-rog
Posts in topic: 4

New to CHL Forum...

Post by v-rog »

hello
Last edited by v-rog on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Remember 31 Connollystraße & Benghazi
Faith Under Fire ISBN# 9780307408815

USA1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New to CHL Forum...

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum. :tiphat:
The M&P is a fine gun. Have you decided on that or something else for concealed carry?
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Topic author
v-rog

Post by v-rog »

. I'll post some pics when I get home. Sounds funny. I wonder what Dell would say if they saw it? :lol:
Last edited by v-rog on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

Welcome!

Hubby and I both have 9C for carry and full size for IDPA, although with my holster I can hide the full size as well, it is just kinda heavy with 17 rounds :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the pics of the gear you made. Enjoy perusing this board, a plethora [abbreviated profanity deleted] useful and fun information.
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

texanron

Post by texanron »

Welcome to the Forum! The M&P is a fine choice for your EDC. An IWB holster out of a Dell lap top bag.....interesting.
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Welcome...I've been looking at an M&P Compact in .40 or .45 as one of my possible carry guns.
Psalm 91:2

i8godzilla

Post by i8godzilla »

Welcome! Can't wait to see the holster pictures.
No State shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor. -- Murdock v. Pennsylvania
If the State converts a right into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right with impunity. -- Shuttleworth v. City of Birmingham

ryanr1299
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ryanr1299 »

I'm a brand new CHL...been carrying for about four days. I carry right now an SR9C. I really like the gun, and can shoot ridiculously accurate with it for how small it is, but I do want to get another gun similarly sized for carry, I think it might just end up being the M&P compact 9. I haven't shot one yet, but I hear good things about it, and I love the way it feels. I want to have two guns that I rotate in EDC service so I will be confident and comfortable with two different ones, just in case...you never know.

I'm still trying to figure out how to comfortably carry a gun with me all the time...it's an adjustment.

M&PStrapped

Post by M&PStrapped »

I have an M&P 40 full size and an M&P 40c. I really like mine. My wife and my 13 year old son both have shot them and between myself and the limp wrists we have never had a problem. Love the looks and feel. I do want to find something smaller to carry in this heat. I'm looking to get an M&P 360! Would love to own one of those little monsters. I wouldn't have to worry about my wife or son wanting to shoot it either.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

One of my carry guns is a full-sized M&P 45. It's a good gun, and more importantly, I shoot it fairly well. But my latest acquisition is a tiny little Kahr PM9. Talk about easy to conceal....it hides in my front pocket even more easily than my little scandium J-frame .357, and it shoots well too. Me likee.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ryanr1299
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ryanr1299 »

I really like the PM9 also...how is the recoil on it? I bought a Kahr CW40 with the intent to carry it every day, and maybe I'm a wuss but the recoil is just too snappy for me, I have a hard time keeping it on target. I'm trying to sell it now, thinking a Kahr 9mm would be a nice replacement for it.
Last edited by ryanr1299 on Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:One of my carry guns is a full-sized M&P 45. It's a good gun, and more importantly, I shoot it fairly well. But my latest acquisition is a tiny little Kahr PM9. Talk about easy to conceal....it hides in my front pocket even more easily than my little scandium J-frame .357, and it shoots well too. Me likee.
I shot a Kahr for the first time a while back. I don't remember which model it was but I couldn't believe how smooth the trigger was. I just about couldn't tell when it was at the break point.

Brian

Topic author
v-rog

Post by v-rog »

fast.
ryanr1299 wrote:I really like the PM9 also...how is the recoil on it? I bought a Kahr CW40 with the intent to carry it every day, and maybe I'm a wuss but the recoil is just too snappy for me, I have a hard time keeping it on target. I'm trying to sell it now, thinking a Kahr 9mm would be a nice replacement for it.
Last edited by v-rog on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

gtrman66

Post by gtrman66 »

Dang, they let anyone on here :anamatedbanana

Rog and I have been buds for a couple years. Congrats on the CHL packet... now the wait.

Rog is also another "biker". We're everywhere.
1/9/10 CHL Class
2/2/10 Packet Sent
2/4/10 Delivery Confirmation
2/18/10 Pin Received "Processing Application"
3/4/10 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
3/13/10 Plastic in Hand!!!

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

BrianSW99 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:One of my carry guns is a full-sized M&P 45. It's a good gun, and more importantly, I shoot it fairly well. But my latest acquisition is a tiny little Kahr PM9. Talk about easy to conceal....it hides in my front pocket even more easily than my little scandium J-frame .357, and it shoots well too. Me likee.
I shot a Kahr for the first time a while back. I don't remember which model it was but I couldn't believe how smooth the trigger was. I just about couldn't tell when it was at the break point.

Brian
I love my PM9, but it will eat up your hand after awhile. I got a nice blood blister on my strong hand thumb last time from it whacking against the slide release. As far a break point, you can pull the trigger most of the way back until you feel it tighten up, and then you take it from there. It you two-stage it, it breaks a lot more predictably.

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

Return to “New to CHL?”