A 1911 Convert!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Venus Pax »

The 1911 is definitely a nice little gun. I still like the Glocks and XDs a lot, but you just can't beat the 1911's concealability.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

jhutto

Post by jhutto »

When I started to buy my first defensive handgun (non-.22) I was really going to get a glock 9mm; low recoil, easy to conceal, lots of rounds... I told my dad I was going to get a Glock, he flipped out. I told him I would at least look at the 1911. I picked up a Kimber Eclipse Target II, and I had to have it. I love the safety mechanisms in the 1911, I have a lot of confidence in their function while carrying cocked and locked. The glocks got nothing on the 1911. BTW the longer 5'' Kimbers sure shoot smoother than the short ones.

Tote 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Tote 9 »

Skiprr wrote::woohoo

Longtooth! Another convert!
I'm another of longtooths converts and it feels so good. :hurry:
Don't Lose Your Head , Your Brains Are In It !!
At my age the only thing thats getting better is my FORGETTER.

txbell1
Posts in topic: 3

Woo-Hoo I'm back and packing with a 1911 micro compact

Post by txbell1 »

I have to agree... I'm now a 1911 fan big time. I just bought myself a Springfield 1911 micro compact and found that there is no greater pleasure than firing a gun that is simply stated, "FANTASTIC"!!!

Was afraid that it would be too much gun for me, but alas, even though I'm a small lady the gun felt right. So to all you ladies out there, don't be afraid to try the 45's.

There is nothing worse than buying a gun then later discovering that its not what you really expected. So I went to the gun range, rented a compact 1911 and test fired before I bought.... After 50 rounds I was hooked, no turning back after that.

Its been a while since I've posted but I have to work to keep up my gun habit. :lol:
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."

Reysc
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Woo-Hoo I'm back and packing with a 1911 micro compact

Post by Reysc »

txbell1 wrote:I have to agree... I'm now a 1911 fan big time. I just bought myself a Springfield 1911 micro compact and found that there is no greater pleasure than firing a gun that is simply stated, "FANTASTIC"!!!

Was afraid that it would be too much gun for me, but alas, even though I'm a small lady the gun felt right. So to all you ladies out there, don't be afraid to try the 45's.

There is nothing worse than buying a gun then later discovering that its not what you really expected. So I went to the gun range, rented a compact 1911 and test fired before I bought.... After 50 rounds I was hooked, no turning back after that.

Its been a while since I've posted but I have to work to keep up my gun habit. :lol:
Welcome to the 1911 world!! Is your husband a 1911 convert now??
My regards,
ReySC

txbell1

Post by txbell1 »

No, not yet. :smile: right now he is romancing the S&W MP, he has the 40 cal and the new 9MM compact. But I bet before the year is out he will be a 1911 fan as well. (I think he is a closet 1911 fan for now)
:lol:
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

txbell1 wrote:No, not yet. :smile: right now he is romancing the S&W MP, he has the 40 cal and the new 9MM compact. But I bet before the year is out he will be a 1911 fan as well. (I think he is a closet 1911 fan for now)
:lol:
txbelle1, that's for the heads up and please tell him he's welcome to try any of my 1911's next time he's at Target master.. Tell Jim I promise not to not to "shoot him in the head" :lol: :lol: It' a little private joke we share.... HAPPY NEW YEAR TO BOTH OF YA'!!

txbell1

Post by txbell1 »

Happy New Year to you to!....Maybe Jim and I will see you at Target Master in 2007!

After shooting with me Jim has learned to duck...... :roll: just kidding~!
txbell1
CHL Holder
NRA Member
TSRA Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

As Safty & Range Marshall at our range, I sure hop yall are talking about brass. :shock: :ack:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

longtooth wrote:As Safty & Range Marshall at our range, I sure hop yall are talking about brass. :shock: :ack:

Hi LT!! Happy New Year to you my dear Sir!! Yup, we are talking about brass!! LOL!! I was shooting w/ my bro-in-law last year and my brass hit him in a funny angle causing a little cut but cuz it's a head wound he bled enough to give us a scare of the life time. Jbenat, keeps saying I shot my in law in the head.... :grin: :grin:

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

Happy New Year Senior.
W/ you involved I knew it would be something like that.
Have a great year. If I get that way again soon we should try to get together again & w/ Carl & a few others too.
Shoot straight.
LT
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jbenat

Rey & Txbell....

Post by jbenat »

I replied to you guys but accidentally hit the "New Topic" button. Look at the topic "Now I know why my ears are burning".
Sorry about that! It's these fat fingers!!!! :mad:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

srspano

Post by srspano »

Ok all....I have to ask. I am trying to decide on a new CCW pistol. I currently carry a Springfield XD 40 Subcompact. It conceals allright but I'm thinking of a Kimber. I'm looking at the Ultra CDP II. How will this pistol conceal compared to what I have right now, and how well does a full size do at concealment?

Thanks for the help.

jbenat

Post by jbenat »

If you are truely looking for a carry weapon, your XD40 Compact is a pretty good CCW. The Kimber is slimmer, prettier, costs a lot more and holds less ammo but the 45 has more punch. I doubt if that helps any. My choice for CCW is the smaller the better with appropriate stopping power.

If, however, you've been bitten by the 1911 bug any excuse will do. Go for it. Get either or both. You can't have too many guns. You'll probably wind up going back to carrying your fantastic plastic anyway.:lol:
NRA
TSRA
Texas CHL Holder
Member VRWC (Vast Right Wing Conspiracy)

USA OUT OF THE UN - LET THEM APPLAUDE THAT!
Liberal Motto; "We've got what it takes to take what you've got"

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”