March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

rentz
Posts in topic: 6

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by rentz »

took 3 days for mine to switch to mailed, now i get the 4 day wait of checking the mailbox

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 23

Post by johnson0317 »

9mmLover wrote:i caught myself looking in the boxat 8pm....3 hours after collecting the mail for the day.
That's pretty funny, cause it's true. I did the same thing.

Our mail comes around 1:30 in the afternoon, usually no later than 3:30. On May 16 it did not come by then, and that was the day I was sure it would be there. 4:30 came and went, 5:30 came and went. I had gotten in my van to drive around the neighborhood to see if I could spy out the carrier...could not see them! I even set up a chair on the front walk and sat there with my iPhone listening to music and waiting. I finally gave up. At 5:30 they would be at home. There was mail waiting for pick up in my box, and several others...still there. I was pretty bummed cause it was day four of being mailed, and I knew that I knew that I knew it would be there. My 17 year old daughter was all lined up to take me on my Wally Walk. It was not the first time they did not deliver mail on a mail day, and I figured maybe the vehicle had broken down.

Then, around the corner, comes the mail carrier. They have about six boxes until they get to me, and it was the longest few minutes of my life. I intended to get the mail, not look at it, and feel each envelope to see if I could feel the card :lol: . Really, I am 54 years old, I promise. Since I was standing at the curb, the carrier handed me the mail rather than put it in the box. I took it, turned it so I could see the envelopes prior to my "feel fest", and the one on the top was the winner. Never got to do my feel fest, but I ripped open an envelope in record time. Yes! 20 minutes later I was at Walmart.

Keep the faith, it will be there before you know it.

RJ :cheers2:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

DevilDoc8542
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DevilDoc8542 »

That's a really great story about waiting for the mail. I guess it's all the excitement and anxious of just wanting something you have waited so long to receive. I remembered when I was stationed in Tennessee and waiting for my handgun carry permit to arrive. It took 3 months!!! To make matters worse, I had to go to Washington DC when my HCP would arrive. Since I was gone for a month, the post office thought I moved and sent back my HCP to Nashville :confused5 so I called Tennessee Highway Patrol where my HCP was located. Sure enough it was sent back to THP, but they mailed it back priority and got it in 2 days!!!

At least in Texas, DPS allows you to view the progress of your application. In Tennessee, if you were to purchase a firearm and was a HCP holder you would still need a TICS and NICS, plus pay $10 for the background fee!!! So needless to say, I am very happy and excited to receive a Texas CHL.
Firearms owned:
Sig Sauer P232 .380 Auto
Beretta M9 9 MM
Springfield XDM9 Compact 3.8
Walther P99AS .40 S&W
H&K P2000 .357 Sig
Glock 29 10 MM
Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
Springfield XDM .45ACP
Kimber Tactical Pro .45 ACP
FNH Five Seven 5.7 MM
Smith & Wesson M&P 15 5.56 MM

nat68han
Posts in topic: 7

Post by nat68han »

Status updated to Manufacturing! Yes!! Wont be long now!! :clapping:

BissellisWeird
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BissellisWeird »

YAY!!!! Finally updated to mailed from manufacturing after a week and a half...so now its 4 days? That means ill be able to carry Saturday? Sweet..I'm workin till then anyway...I really need to work on my patience..
Someone once said at church "never pray for patience, because G_d will give it to you, and you don't want him doing that" they must have been waiting on a Texas CHL

nat68han

Post by nat68han »

Mine showed Mailed on Tuesday morning at 6:45 am! Hopefully will have it by Friday!!!!!! :txflag:

DevilDoc8542

Post by DevilDoc8542 »

Went to the mailbox and what did I see? Plastic staring back at me!!! :cheers2:

Good luck to those still waiting...Everyone stay safe.
Firearms owned:
Sig Sauer P232 .380 Auto
Beretta M9 9 MM
Springfield XDM9 Compact 3.8
Walther P99AS .40 S&W
H&K P2000 .357 Sig
Glock 29 10 MM
Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
Springfield XDM .45ACP
Kimber Tactical Pro .45 ACP
FNH Five Seven 5.7 MM
Smith & Wesson M&P 15 5.56 MM

BissellisWeird

Post by BissellisWeird »

DevilDoc8542 wrote:Went to the mailbox and what did I see? Plastic staring back at me!!! :cheers2:

Good luck to those still waiting...Everyone stay safe.
Me too!!! Wally walk coming soon.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Good for you guys! It is a great feeling, especially when you get to Walmart and realize that you are now walking, armed, and it is perfectly legal!!

:hurry:
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

nat68han

Post by nat68han »

Plastic in mail today!! 83 days waiting! Cool :fire

BissellisWeird

Post by BissellisWeird »

nat68han wrote:Plastic in mail today!! 83 days waiting! Cool :fire
Congrats sir...feels good don't it?

scott.novus

Post by scott.novus »

Mailed Febuary 28th, website updated 2nd week of March, currently being reviewed (background). Sent an email two weeks ago and they replied that a technician is currently reviewing my background.

Topic author
Texas_Tactical

Post by Texas_Tactical »

Been a long crazy month and I havent been on much. However my mother finally got her license so we can carry together now. I think it will bee cool

scott.novus

Post by scott.novus »

Got an email on the 1st that they found a possible disqualification. Still waiting for the letter. Only explanation that I could figure from the fine print would be possibly some unpaid taxes that I'm fighting on the dissolution of an LLC in California 6 years ago.

Other than that, all I can say is I really didn't know what waiting was yet...

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

That sucks big time. Hope you get it cleared up. If it is a tax deal, you will probably have to settle somehow, cause you really never win those battles...especially with a state that is already bankrupt.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”