Anyone still waiting?

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bmh1123
Posts in topic: 3

Anyone still waiting?

Post by Bmh1123 »

I mailed my packet in 1/11/11. DPS says they recieved it on 1/14/11. All has been cleared (with exception of finger prints and background check.) These have shown "under review" since 1/26/11. I called DPS on 3/18. I was told that it was with the FBI, and it should be any day now. As of today, 4/13, the online status has not changed. This makes 91 days.
Is anyone else waiting this long?
I have had several friends that sent their packets in weeks aftet me, had finger prints reprinted, and have had plastic in hand for weeks.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks!

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Anyone still waiting?

Post by jmra »

Only those suspected of murder have to wait 91 days.

So, where did you bury the body?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

ss1088

Post by ss1088 »

My girlfriend has been waiting over 90 days and it took three calls before anyone actually really looked in to why it was taking so long. According to the last operator, the processor put the application on hold because they thought her prints were not there. However, she was never notified and the online status just shows a pending background and print approval. They found her prints but they said it will take another month since they didnt start the process.Hopefully they do their job this time. We have both had our frustrations but at least I got mine.

RttlTrap
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RttlTrap »

Bmh1123 wrote:I mailed my packet in 1/11/11. DPS says they recieved it on 1/14/11. All has been cleared (with exception of finger prints and background check.) These have shown "under review" since 1/26/11. I called DPS on 3/18. I was told that it was with the FBI, and it should be any day now. As of today, 4/13, the online status has not changed. This makes 91 days.
I have had several friends that sent their packets in weeks aftet me, had finger prints reprinted, and have had plastic in hand for weeks.
Thanks!

Call again and if you get the same answer contact your state reps office for help expediting.
We're all here 'cause we're not all there.

ss1088

Post by ss1088 »

RttlTrap wrote:
Bmh1123 wrote:I mailed my packet in 1/11/11. DPS says they recieved it on 1/14/11. All has been cleared (with exception of finger prints and background check.) These have shown "under review" since 1/26/11. I called DPS on 3/18. I was told that it was with the FBI, and it should be any day now. As of today, 4/13, the online status has not changed. This makes 91 days.
Thanks!

Call again and if you get the same answer contact your state reps office for help expediting.

I had my girlfriend contact her rep toaday. I will let the forum know if anything comes of it.

BrianSW99

Post by BrianSW99 »

Go to the Contact page on Governor Perry's website:

http://governor.state.tx.us/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and submit a request for assistance there. His office was extremely responsive when I was sitting at 100+ days while I was waiting for my CHL. In fact, after that, DPS started calling *me* with status updates. I got almost no response from my local representatives on the issue.

Brian

BissellisWeird
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BissellisWeird »

BrianSW99 wrote:Go to the Contact page on Governor Perry's website:

http://governor.state.tx.us/contact/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and submit a request for assistance there. His office was extremely responsive when I was sitting at 100+ days while I was waiting for my CHL. In fact, after that, DPS started calling *me* with status updates. I got almost no response from my local representatives on the issue.

Brian
Took your advice Brian. Emailed Governor Perry's office last night and someone from his office emailed me back this morning telling me they would get the head of the DPS to look into mine. This waiting is driving me crazy.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

OK, I thought it was a little bizarre to involve the Governor's office, but perhaps it is not. Would never have that to do that. Can someone give them a call for me?

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

ss1088

Post by ss1088 »

Calling the state rep definitely got the ball moving for my girlfriend. They had someone personally update her rather than getting generic excuses from the main line that never addressed the real problem. She now has her license.

RttlTrap

Post by RttlTrap »

Congrats!

:clapping:
We're all here 'cause we're not all there.

Bulldog1911

Post by Bulldog1911 »

Well, just emailed my rep and governor perry. Let's see what happens.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Bulldog1911

Post by Bulldog1911 »

ok, mailed my rep, Jim Pitts. Got a quick response from his office. They called the DPS and spoke with someone about my application.
The DPS told them that it was taking longer than 60 days because my app wasn't complete when they received it...
Which is kinda true, but I sent the one form that I forgot to include the very next day. They lost it, so i faxed it in, and the lost it again...
Faxed it in a 3rd time and they finally got it. They obviously failed to mention that to my rep. So I did :tiphat:

Anywho, hope to hear back form them again today :waiting:
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

Lubttu
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lubttu »

I mailed all my app and info May 12th. How long till I can log in and see the status? Also, how long till I can schedule my fingerprinting.

I know it has been less than 20 days but I am still anxious.

My Dad mailed his in at the same time and is in the same boat as me.

Thanks
Tired of waiting in Lubbock
Taurus PT911 Homemade OWB Holster ( want to add clips to use IWB)
Ruger LCP 380 Remora (Main EDC)
Hipoint 9 Truck gun!

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

You can schedule your fingerprints as soon as you submit your online application to DPS

Your online status should show immediately after you hit submit on your application (and make the payment) and any documentation (CHL 100, etc) will show up in about 2 weeks.
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Lubttu
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Lubttu »

I mailed the whole package together. Including hard copy application. I did not do an online application.

Will I be able to log on?
Taurus PT911 Homemade OWB Holster ( want to add clips to use IWB)
Ruger LCP 380 Remora (Main EDC)
Hipoint 9 Truck gun!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”