April 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

MMac
Posts in topic: 5

Re: April 2011 Applications

Post by MMac »

Status change today!
4/18/11 CHL application
4/22/11 CHL Class
4/23/11 L-1 Fingerprinting
4/23/11 Package mailed
5/17/11 Being processed- just waiting on BG check
5/26/11 Manufacturing Pending
5/27/11 Manufactruing
5/28/11 Mailed

Too bad Mon. will be a holiday! I'll be waiting by the mailbox Tuesday!
Last edited by MMac on Sat May 28, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

tanker1983
Posts in topic: 8

Post by tanker1983 »

Beanie...

I think you're a shoe-in for Saturday. Keep us posted.... :thumbs2:
FL CWP APRIL 2010
TX CHL MAY 2011
Kimber Ultra Carry I .45ACP
Glock 20SF 10mm
Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP
Taurus Judge Public Defender
Long guns.

" Never tell people how to do things. Just tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity " - GEN. George S. Patton

Beanie-Bean
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Beanie-Bean »

Plastic is in hand. I'll be pulling for the rest of the April 2011 class to get theirs soon, too!
:thewave
3/31/2011 Application submitted
4/14/2011 CHL Class
4/15/2011 Package submitted.
5/09/2011 Received/under review
5/20/2011 Manufacturing pending
5/21/2011 Manufacturing
5/24/2011 Mailed
5/26/2011 Plastic Day

nbnight

Post by nbnight »

5/26 - manufacturing.

Looks like next week.

Ice Life
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ice Life »

Hello Texas Team April :txflag:

It looks like we're all moving along and people are beginning to get cleared on their background checks and going into the "manufacturing pending" and "mailed" phase of the licensing process. On all of my updates on the Texas DPS CHL web site, I have noticed that my updates have all occurred early in the morning between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM. Has this been the case for anyone else? I check my status throughout the day; but, all updates have occurred during this time period. Has anyone noticed any updates happening at other times during the day or night? Maybe the DPS only runs the updates once a day in the early morning? What are your thoughts on the update times?

It also seems that our total processing times are fairly good. I've read some of the previous month application threads and Team April's processing times seem to be a little faster and under the sixty day mark. My time from "Received" at DPS to "Manufacturing" has only been 36 total days which works out to 26 working days and this includes having to get re-fingerprinted by L-1 because my fingerprints were unreadable by the FBI. Comments??

Thanks,
Ice Life

nbnight

Post by nbnight »

Ice Life wrote:Hello Texas Team April :txflag:

It looks like we're all moving along and people are beginning to get cleared on their background checks and going into the "manufacturing pending" and "mailed" phase of the licensing process. On all of my updates on the Texas DPS CHL web site, I have noticed that my updates have all occurred early in the morning between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM. Has this been the case for anyone else? I check my status throughout the day; but, all updates have occurred during this time period. Has anyone noticed any updates happening at other times during the day or night? Maybe the DPS only runs the updates once a day in the early morning? What are your thoughts on the update times?

It also seems that our total processing times are fairly good. I've read some of the previous month application threads and Team April's processing times seem to be a little faster and under the sixty day mark. My time from "Received" at DPS to "Manufacturing" has only been 36 total days which works out to 26 working days and this includes having to get re-fingerprinted by L-1 because my fingerprints were unreadable by the FBI. Comments??

Thanks,

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

CobraRon
Posts in topic: 5

Post by CobraRon »

Ice Life wrote:Hello Texas Team April :txflag:

Thanks,
I think you've pretty much got it all right. A friend of mine was about a month or so ahead of me, and he got his in 4 weeks to the day. Must have caught them at just the right time!

And here's my update for the day:
4/9 CHL Class
4/10 Online application submitted
4/13 Fingerprints
4/16 (?) Dropped the package in the mail
5/11 Finally shows on the web site (Background Check: Under review).
5/13 Driver's license number memorized
5/21 Background check completed, Manufacturing pending
5/24 Mailed!
5/26 Plastic!!!!
4/9 CHL Class
4/10 Online application submitted
4/13 Fingerprints
4/16 (?) Dropped the package in the mail
5/11 Finally shows on the web site (Background Check: Under review).
5/13 Driver's license number memorized
5/21 Background check completed, Manufacturing pending
5/24 Mailed!
5/26 Plastic

Iunnrais
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Iunnrais »

Beanie-Bean wrote:Plastic is in hand. I'll be pulling for the rest of the April 2011 class to get theirs soon, too!
You give me hope that mine will be here tomorrow =) Houston isn't that much of a drive for a mail truck...right? :???:

Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

You give me hope that mine will be here tomorrow =) Houston isn't that much of a drive for a mail truck...right? :???:
Nah, it's not that far. I hope you can score yours from Mr. Mailman before the holiday. Gotta get that Wally Walk in the log book, right?
4/14/2011 CHL Class
5/21/2011 Manufacturing
5/24/2011 Mailed
5/26/2011 Plastic Day

Ice Life
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ice Life »

Team April, :txflag:

Texas DPS CHL web site reports this morning, Friday, 27-MAY-2011, that my CHL has been Mailed!!! :hurry:

I had checked the status a little after 6:00 AM this morning and it still had "Manufacturing" listed. I then went to the HEB grocery store and when I returned to the house, I checked the DPS web site again at 7:10 AM and my CHL was listed as "Mailed". This is my fourth update on the DPS CHL web site and as I have noticed before, all the updates have occurred between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM. I have had three updates on the last three consecutive days. Wednesday was "Manufacturing Pending"; Thursday was "Manufacturing", and today was "Mailed".

I do wonder that if all the updates on the DPS CHL web site occurred in the early morning hours between 7:00 AM and 8:00 AM that the actual event had occurred the previous day. That would mean that my CHL was actually mailed yesterday. Now, I'll be waiting for the Postman to arrive today. He won't make the rounds in my neighborhood until late afternoon. It could be that I'll be making a Wally Walk or even a River Walk in downtown San Antonio sometime this weekend if the CHL arrives today or tomorrow!!

Mister Postman

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wait, oh yes wait a minute mister postman
Wait, wait mister postman
Mister postman look and see
If you've got a letter in your bag for me,
I been waiting for such a long, long time
Since I heard from the DPS of mine.
There must be some word today
From the Texas DPS so far away.
Please mister postman look and see
If there's a letter in your bag for me
I been standing here and waiting mister postman,
So patiently
For just a card or just a letter,
Saying my Texas CHL is coming home to me.
So many days you passed me by,
See the tear standing in my eye.
You didn't stop to make me feel better,
By leaving me a card or a letter
You've got to wait a minute, wait a minute
Wait
Check it and see, one more time for me
Deliver the CHL, the sooner the better

Yippeee!!! WooHoo!! :party:
Ice Life

tanker1983

Post by tanker1983 »

I agree. :iagree:

ALL updates have been posted during the 7am to 9 am time frame. And trust me, I KNOW. Never anything after that. Mine went to mailed on 26 MAY. I don't exect to see it before TUESDAY. Although I am only 50 miles or so north of Austin.

Oh well. One more weekend of carrying on my Florida licenese.

:thumbs2:
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
FL CWP APRIL 2010
TX CHL MAY 2011
Glock 20SF 10mm
Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP
Long guns.

" Never tell people how to do things. Just tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity " - GEN. George S. Patton

nbnight

Post by nbnight »

Went to mailed today also. I and thinking Tuesday will be the day.

Beanie-Bean

Post by Beanie-Bean »

First purchase with the CHL:

Glock G30SF

Ended up with a Blackhawk CQC OWB belt/paddle holster for this one to start off with. Speer 230 gr. Gold Dots for its food. No, that's not the pic I use for my avatar--that one is a Gen4 G27 with Trijicon HD sights (orange outline.) The .45 came with the Glock factory night sights installed.
4/14/2011 CHL Class
5/21/2011 Manufacturing
5/24/2011 Mailed
5/26/2011 Plastic Day

badmomma
Posts in topic: 2

Post by badmomma »

badmomma wrote:mailed to DPS 4/08
recv'd by DPS 4/11
status changed: pending background 5/4
mailed:5/24 :anamatedbanana

Now...lets see if it takes 'weeks' to get here..LOL
Recieved today 5/27 yay!!

tanker1983

Post by tanker1983 »

Beanie-Bean wrote:First purchase with the CHL:

Glock G30SF

Ended up with a Blackhawk CQC OWB belt/paddle holster for this one to start off with. Speer 230 gr. Gold Dots for its food. No, that's not the pic I use for my avatar--that one is a Gen4 G27 with Trijicon HD sights (orange outline.) The .45 came with the Glock factory night sights installed.

Nice. I have a ParaOrd .45 Hi-Cap coming. Special commemorative edition for my deployment to Afghanistan. It should arrive about the same time my plastic does. I can't wait to flash the plastic and pay...
FL CWP APRIL 2010
TX CHL MAY 2011
Glock 20SF 10mm
Sig Sauer P238 .380ACP
Long guns.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”