March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

9mmLover
Posts in topic: 9

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by 9mmLover »

sweet. congrats.

mine went from manufacturing to mailed in 3 days. should be here by the end of this week/ early next week. gonna wally walk with an OD green g32 with Lone Wolf 9mm conversion on one side, my sw 642 on the ankle, and an LCP in the back pocket. its gonna be day 1...why not go all out.

primary summer carry will be the 642 and lcp, though i might upgrade to a g26...but i have been practicing at home with my G32. might wear it OWB on the weekends with an untucked shirt over it...lets see. i havent tried my other rigs on for extended periods of time around the house, but i will be now that i know the plastic is right around the corner.

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 23

Post by johnson0317 »

Plastic is in hand! :clapping: :hurry: :smash: :woohoo

Took my 17 year old daughter with me to document my Wally Walk. Pictures up as soon as I can figure it out.

Feels great!

RJ

Gonna have to resize those pictures. Will work on it tomorrow.

Class 3/26
Mailed 3/28
First Update 4/27
Manufacture Pending 5/10
Manufacturing 5/11
Mailed 5/12
Received 5/16
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

9mmLover

Post by 9mmLover »

woot woot.

went from manufacturing to mailed in 4 business days.

it will be exactly 2 months on may 19th from the day they got it.

it should be here this week, so wally walk is gonna happen reeeaaal soon.

if any of you are still waiting and are a march application, i encourage you to gall your state representative. they call the CHL division at the DPS as soon as they get off the phone with you, and you will get a phone call from the DPS once they get involved and will let you know exactly whats going on with your app. make sure you let the person at the reps office that the 60 days that they should take by law has either passed, or is soon approaching, and i guarantee you they will expedite your application.

i did it, with a prior arrest, and from the time i called the state rep, to mailed status was 12 days.

rentz
Posts in topic: 6

Post by rentz »

rentz wrote:I went ahead and emailed yesterday and got a fast response (possibly automated) that said new apps are taking 60 days to process at the moment and i am in the final stages before manufacturing.
so basically the same thing others are being told.
Manufacturing as of 5/17

Packet sent 3/23
first update 4/19
Background green 5/17

so i'm guessing another week before plastic is in hand, but now i get to go shopping to be ready

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Took me a day from manufacturing to mailed. Most people say it takes four days to get to your mailbox, and this exactly how long it took mine.
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

9mmLover

Post by 9mmLover »

lol...even though my status changed to mailed a couple of days ago...i still keep going to the states website. its become a habit...a bad habit.

anyone else have the same problem?

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Hate to admit it, but I did the same thing. It was kind of like, "Pinch me and see if I am dreaming". You will have it in no time!
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA

nat68han
Posts in topic: 7

Post by nat68han »

Packet received by DPS 3/16. Under background review for 6 weeks! Decided to send an email today, to my surprise I received a response via email in two hours saying background check has been done and should receive plastic in approximately two weeks. Website has been slow to update due to very large volume of applications. WooHoo!!! The wait is almost over!!!!!! :cheers2:

BissellisWeird
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BissellisWeird »

9mmLover wrote:lol...even though my status changed to mailed a couple of days ago...i still keep going to the states website. its become a habit...a bad habit.

I keep doing the same. Its a form of OCD I guess. We'll have plastic in hand soon. Just no patience.

stealthfightrf17
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

BissellisWeird wrote:
9mmLover wrote:lol...even though my status changed to mailed a couple of days ago...i still keep going to the states website. its become a habit...a bad habit.

I keep doing the same. Its a form of OCD I guess. We'll have plastic in hand soon. Just no patience.

You have Opsessive Concealer Disorder, I have that to "rlol"

9mmLover

Post by 9mmLover »

woot its here!!....pinch me! its finally here!

mailed march 19th, received may 20th.

gonna wally walk in a bit. and going to go to academy to get some .357sig SD rounds.

choice of weapon: OD green Glock 32 in a desatis sof-tuk tuckable IWB. also got a Galco FX owb coming in the mail for once i get off work. IWB can get irritating.

johnson0317

Post by johnson0317 »

Good for you! Make sure you document that walk! You can see my walk which is posted in this area for an example...you can skip the toilet shot if you want :lol:

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA

BissellisWeird
Posts in topic: 8

Post by BissellisWeird »

9mmLover wrote:woot its here!!....pinch me! its finally here!

mailed march 19th, received may 20th.

gonna wally walk in a bit. and going to go to academy to get some .357sig SD rounds.

choice of weapon: OD green Glock 32 in a desatis sof-tuk tuckable IWB. also got a Galco FX owb coming in the mail for once i get off work. IWB can get irritating.
Congrats my friend. Enjoy the wally walk. I'm still OCD with checking mine and the mailbox....must.. stop.. checking.. online....just checked about my 4th time today

DevilDoc8542
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DevilDoc8542 »

Ever since my status changed to manufacturing, I have been trying to figure out when the status will change to mailed. I checked this morning on Saturday and it changed to Mailed!!! To date, it took exactly 60 days from mailing my application, to mailed (Mar 21-May 21). Now I guess it's time to stalk the mailbox.
Firearms owned:
Sig Sauer P232 .380 Auto
Beretta M9 9 MM
Springfield XDM9 Compact 3.8
Walther P99AS .40 S&W
H&K P2000 .357 Sig
Glock 29 10 MM
Ruger LCR .357 Magnum
Springfield XDM .45ACP
Kimber Tactical Pro .45 ACP
FNH Five Seven 5.7 MM
Smith & Wesson M&P 15 5.56 MM

9mmLover

Post by 9mmLover »

should be there by the end of next week at the latest.
if itisnt there by then, give em a call. my advice...stay away from the mail box.

i caught myself looking in the boxat 8pm....3 hours after collecting the mail for the day.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”