Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

schufflerbot
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Pictures Of Your Daily Carry

Post by schufflerbot »

40khammer wrote:Image

Clockwise from top left. My Droid Eris.(PoS) My Italian leather wallet.(gift from my sister) My custom made hybrid IWB holster.(made it myself) My Walther PK380. My Gerber Bear Grylls Scout. 2 magazines loaded with Speer Gold Dot Hollowpoints. Not pictured are my keys.
i hope you have better luck with your PK380. i just sent mine back to S&W for a full refund. i ADORED that little gun, but had way too many problems with FTF, FTE, jams, slide not locking, etc. ended up grabbing a Sig P250 instead...

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

40khammer
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 40khammer »

schufflerbot wrote:
40khammer wrote:Image

Clockwise from top left. My Droid Eris.(PoS) My Italian leather wallet.(gift from my sister) My custom made hybrid IWB holster.(made it myself) My Walther PK380. My Gerber Bear Grylls Scout. 2 magazines loaded with Speer Gold Dot Hollowpoints. Not pictured are my keys.
i hope you have better luck with your PK380. i just sent mine back to S&W for a full refund. i ADORED that little gun, but had way too many problems with FTF, FTE, jams, slide not locking, etc. ended up grabbing a Sig P250 instead...

I've had mine for 3 months and have put over 1000 rounds through it(I shoot alot) I had 1 FTF the second time I took it to the range(didn't clean it after the first time) I wanted to see how far it would go. Fresh from the factory I put around 200 round through it before the first hickup. I then took it apart and cleaned and oiled it thoroughly. Have had no problems out of it since. I keep it well oiled and it operates very smoothly. I love this little gun.

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

that's awesome. i was truly upset when i had to take it back for a refund - i LOVE the way that little .380 shoots!! it was the perfect carry for me, but i just couldnt trust it with all the problems i was having.

glad to hear yours is one of the good ones!!

n1nthw9rd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by n1nthw9rd »

Kel Tec P11 9mm (upon completion of CHL)
CRKT Mt Rainer
wallet
keys
ipod

Millerk420
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Millerk420 »

DSCF0691a.jpg
Here's my daily carry.

bnc
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bnc »

Nice P-01 (or -06?), I have its big brother. How does it conceal?

Millerk420
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Millerk420 »

bnc wrote:Nice P-01 (or -06?), I have its big brother. How does it conceal?
Yes, P-01 I am saving up for the P-06. It conceals ok for me I carry at 3 oclock with a forward cant. and even with my love handles it is ok. I usually wear polo or button up dress shirts with no problem. I have some t-shirts that cause an issue with a little bulge from the end of the grip but i walk with my arm covering mostly. I would like a smaller gun for days i wear shorts or tighter clothing, it is hard to wear a jacket in texas year round. heh but we all know that..

Thai
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Thai »

Pictures of past and current conceal carry:
Sig P239 9mm (past carry)
Sig P290 9mm "First Edition" (current carry) with 8-rd extended magazine

Ammo: gold dot 124 gr +P in P239; gold dot 124 gr in P290.
Holster: Blackhawk Nylon IWB (Size #8) for P290; Size #6 for P239

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I took a look at the P290 before buying a used Kahr PM9. The Sig is a nice little pistol, but I was looking for something truly pocketable and bought the Kahr instead. My carry rotation includes full-sized, compact, and sub-compact semi-autos, and J-Frame revolvers, but nothing so far has disappeared into a pocket for summer carry the way the PM9 does—not even my slightly lighter scandium J-Frame .357 snubbie.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 3

Post by warhorse10_9 »

n1nthw9rd wrote:Kel Tec P11 9mm (upon completion of CHL)
CRKT Mt Rainer
wallet
keys
ipod

Nice set up, but you are going to change those bullets over to hollow points right?
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

Thai wrote:Pictures of past and current conceal carry:
Sig P239 9mm (past carry)
Sig P290 9mm "First Edition" (current carry) with 8-rd extended magazine

Ammo: gold dot 124 gr +P in P239; gold dot 124 gr in P290.
Holster: Blackhawk Nylon IWB (Size #8) for P290; Size #6 for P239
does the P90 come with night sites already installed from the factory?

great looking Sigs, by the way. love the first edition.

Thai

Post by Thai »

The Annoyed Man wrote:I took a look at the P290 before buying a used Kahr PM9. The Sig is a nice little pistol, but I was looking for something truly pocketable and bought the Kahr instead. My carry rotation includes full-sized, compact, and sub-compact semi-autos, and J-Frame revolvers, but nothing so far has disappeared into a pocket for summer carry the way the PM9 does—not even my slightly lighter scandium J-Frame .357 snubbie.
I had a PM9 about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, it malfunctioned badly! Failure to feed constantly. Once, the magazine dropped out WHILE shooting! I sent it back to kahr FOUR times...never was fixed properly. I loved how the gun handled and how it is sized. But, the constant issues and the fact that i was paying $35-40 each time to send it in were draining. It shot very accurately, but never got past 25-50 rounds before malfunctioning.

This was why i went with Sig P239...and it has been flawless since day one. I have waited these years for a good subcompact to come out that was not "trigger happy" (aka SA or Glock trigger)...in other words, i wanted a DA-only trigger. (I am not a professional gun handler...so, i need the extra protection of DA keeping me from doing something stupid during tense moments! But, at the same time, i did not want a safety on my gun.) P239 is a great gun, but it is big for conceal carry...it shows easily and weighs a bit.

So, this is why i ended up with the P290. It satisfied all my needs. Unfortunately, it did have to go back to the factory because of firing pin failure. Sig explained to me that the early batches had a part that was out of spec. I got it back 2 days ago...and now, with over 250 rounds yesterday, it is flawless. So, i will shoot it again this coming tuesday...if it remains flawless, then it goes on my hip permanently. I plan to shoot another 250-350 rounds on Tuesday.

Thai

Post by Thai »

schufflerbot wrote:does the P90 come with night sites already installed from the factory?

great looking Sigs, by the way. love the first edition.
Yup, standard. The only option is whether you want the laser or not...of course, you can get black or silver. For me, i have no love for lasers and think that it is a waste (and partly bling). However, all my previous guns (Glocks, PM9, Sig P239, etc.) have been black...so, i want the Stainless finish this time for a try. As for the "First Edition", i debated about buying this or just the regular edition. Again, i wanted something special as a "keeper" gun. Sig only makes 2000 of them. Obviously, with the out-of-spec part, i paid for the price of being an owner of a an early edition! :cryin

But, with it being seemingly reliable (so far), i am a happy camper!

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 38

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Thai wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:I took a look at the P290 before buying a used Kahr PM9. The Sig is a nice little pistol, but I was looking for something truly pocketable and bought the Kahr instead. My carry rotation includes full-sized, compact, and sub-compact semi-autos, and J-Frame revolvers, but nothing so far has disappeared into a pocket for summer carry the way the PM9 does—not even my slightly lighter scandium J-Frame .357 snubbie.
I had a PM9 about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, it malfunctioned badly! Failure to feed constantly. Once, the magazine dropped out WHILE shooting! I sent it back to kahr FOUR times...never was fixed properly. I loved how the gun handled and how it is sized. But, the constant issues and the fact that i was paying $35-40 each time to send it in were draining. It shot very accurately, but never got past 25-50 rounds before malfunctioning.
Interesting. I'm a 1911 guy at heart, and when I first got my CHL I owned a Sig 1911. It would jam on about every 3rd round. This was the only 1911 I've ever owned that was like that. I sold the treacherous wench and got me a Kimber. All the others have been extremely reliable. Getting used to carrying cocked and locked is actually not that bad. When you think about it, too many things have to deliberately happen for the gun to go off accidentally. My only other striker-fired pistol, and M&P 45, also has a thumb safety, exactly where I expect it to be, just like on a 1911. My wife has her CHL too, and one of her carry guns is a Glock 19. Great little pistol, but the no-safety thing actually makes me a little little extra cautious. Of course, my Kahr is "Glock-like" in that regard.......but then so is my snubbie. :mrgreen:

I'm hoping not to have the same issues you've had with my PM9. A lot of members here have had no problems with their Kahrs, and a few have, like you, had nothing but problems. I just bought mine used from a pawn shop a few days ago, and I don't carry it yet because I haven't been to the range with it yet. So for now, I'm still carrying either my .357 snubbie, or one of my .45s.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”