Got busted tonight.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
longtooth
Posts in topic: 6

Got busted tonight.

Post by longtooth »

Well, at church tonight got busted. One patted me on the lower back, mag side. Oooohh, thought that was a .45.
No sir.
Yea you dont need one here.
Sure hope not.
Another member that knows from Practical Personal Defense: He's got one, you just dont know where it is.

This one may not be the laughing matter others have been. Hope I dont have to find another Church.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Got busted tonight.

Post by wgoforth »

longtooth wrote:Well, at church tonight got busted. One patted me on the lower back, mag side. Oooohh, thought that was a .45.
No sir.
Sure hope not.
Another member that knows from Practical Personal Defense: He's got one, you just dont know where it is.

This one may not be the laughing matter others have been. Hope I dont have to find another Church.
Even if.... I can't imagine any church calling police on a member for something like that. Just conceal more and have at it.
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

longtooth wrote:Well, at church tonight got busted. One patted me on the lower back, mag side. Oooohh, thought that was a .45.
No sir.
Sure hope not.

It will their loss if... it comes to that.

Good luck and God Bless!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

wgoforth wrote: Even if.... I can't imagine any church calling police on a member for something like that. Just conceal more and have at it.
A Baptist Church in Longview had a man arrested. He sat down after the offering and the tail of his coat caught the pew and his weapon was exposed. An usher called 911. I have no ideal about the outcome.

LT if you have to find another Church that wasn't the right one to start with. ;-)

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

Some bad luck there. I hope it turns out well for you.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

stealthfightrf17

Post by stealthfightrf17 »

Church is the place a worry about most once I get my plastic. Thankfully also several of our pastors are pro gun one carries. Have several people in law enforcement as members. I also usher at our church, several of them I know carrey.

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I hope that your church members are more open minded than that, LT. At least it was the mag side and they didn't directly contact your gun. I always figured that I could tell someone that the mag pouch was a Leatherman. :roll:

Finding a new church isn't an easy task. We struggled with it for many years, trying this one and that one and never finding what we were looking for. I would have a difficult time finding another one, too. Ours is just what we wanted.

I do hope that nothing comes of of your incident.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

couzin

Post by couzin »

carlson1 wrote:
wgoforth wrote:LT if you have to find another Church that wasn't the right one to start with. ;-)
Agree - just would be hard to find another church family like the one I have now - really wonderful folks. Only time I worry is our sharing of the peace and greet others (Presbyterian) - very little handshakes, whole lotta hugging! Now if we were Baptist - there is an Irving church that would be a perfect fit... :thumbs2:
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

CJATE

Post by CJATE »

Am I missing somthing? Why would he need a new church?

Unless some one of authority told him not to carry any more, I don't understand the issue.

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Dont think at all they would ever call the law. If so then I have not yet been asked to leave. They have to do that before I can be charged w/ tresspass.
Why would I have to find a new church?
Because if I am given verbal notice not to carry then I will assure them I will not carry there again. That will be the truth.
We will see.

Am preaching pretty regular. Talking to Pastor where one of my cousins goes about a Revival. Hope that comes through. Would like to do that.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NEB

Post by NEB »

Yea you dont need one here
Huh... Seems like if you ran the statistics, you're more likely to need a firearm in church than a number of other public places. :roll:

I carry to church. I've never been "made" but I typically carry a little LCP in a rear pocket holster unless it's during cold weather when I can conceal my 1911's under a sweater.

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 4

Post by wgoforth »

Sad.... I guess churches I work with know I'm a big RBA advocate and assume I carry anyway. One church specifically asked me to carry one night as they were concerned about an odd phone call they received. If I were asked to not carry, I would likely ask "really, then what's YOUR sermon gonna be on?" Perks of being a preacher I guess. :txflag:
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

We have lunch after church; that's when many of us discuss our new purchases. We're not like the church my cousins are Deacons in up near Littlefiled where they say in the Sanctuary, "Well, take it out and show it to us" ... but we go out back to do that, or meet at the range later.

Today however a deacon invited me to his house afterwards and gave me a "US Revolver" (an Iver Johnson Company) ,32, built about 1910, to look at. I'll give it back in a day or so though..
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

No sir.
Sure hope not.

Surely to goodness, y'all weren't dancin'? :eek6

Seriously, It'll work out for the better...for all concerned. Diboll is a pretty good piece from Lufkin at $4.00/gallon.

Topic author
longtooth

Post by longtooth »

NEB wrote:
Yea you dont need one here
Huh... Seems like if you ran the statistics, you're more likely to need a firearm in church than a number of other public places. :roll:

I carry to church. I've never been "made" but I typically carry a little LCP in a rear pocket holster unless it's during cold weather when I can conceal my 1911's under a sweater.
He hit my mag but I was carrying XD45compact.
I am really not sweating it & wont loose any sleep starting in about aaaaaaaahhh 5 more minutes. :yawn

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”