Home Depot walk

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Home Depot walk

Post by Pawpaw »

Hoi Polloi wrote:How do you get banned 3 times over from a store? I find that hard to believe about you, Pawpaw! :lol:
Because I refuse to be searched when I leave. :nono:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Pawpaw wrote:
Hoi Polloi wrote:How do you get banned 3 times over from a store? I find that hard to believe about you, Pawpaw! :lol:
Because I refuse to be searched when I leave. :nono:
:biggrinjester:
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Don't get me wrong, because I'm not really in favor of having to let someone search my bags when leaving a store. I do understand their point, but the "search" is completely useless in most instances I've seen.

However, I'm wondering if someone has been told by a manager or similar type person that they are banned from a store and not to return what could happen if they are recognized as a person that was banned and the police were called. I'm thinking that a person like this could be guilty of trespassing and if you were carrying wouldn't that be a 30.05 violation?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

speedsix
Posts in topic: 3

Post by speedsix »

...I don't know for sure...but I've heard, here in Tx, of store managers calling the police, giving the person who's being banned a formal trespass warning(I assume the officer writes a report) and for about 6 months, they can be arrested for just coming back...even if behaving well...I don't know how it works or where the laws on it are...if we as CHLs were to be so banned and charged with trespassing...we'd have to throw our shoes out...trespass with a deadly weapon on our person is rough to pay...

MMac

Post by MMac »

Hopefully I'll be receiving my plastic in the next few weeks and y'all made me think of a question.

So IS there any paricular "technique" or tips when needing to use the restroom while carrying? I mean, do you pull your weapon out and set it to the side first, etc?

Just courious, as I haven't had to deal with this situation yet.

TIA,
Mac
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Check out this thread. As I recall, there were lots of ideas in it.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43291&p=522360&hil ... ed#p522360
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

MMac

Post by MMac »

Nice mug shot Pawpaw ;-)

Thanks
Mac
Houston/Klein, TX
NRA Member
S&W M&P 9FS, 9c, Shield 9, 15-22

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

MMac wrote:Nice mug shot Pawpaw ;-)

Thanks
Are you making fun of the way I look? What's it to you??? :boxing

;-) :lol:

Return to “New to CHL?”