Anyone carry a Beretta 92fs ?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Bocephus
Posts in topic: 1

Anyone carry a Beretta 92fs ?

Post by Bocephus »

Wondering if any of you carry the 92sf ?, if so, what holster do you use, and what are your thoughts about using it as a carry gun.

Thanks, Bo

RPB
Banned

Re: Anyone carry a Beretta 92fs ?

Post by RPB »

Taurus 92 with Rail on Sundays and a few other occasions in a Wilderness Safepacker

But others here have done it IWB ... I was never comfortable IWB with it, but my body may vary ...
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

CC Italian

Post by CC Italian »

I’ve shot one but never had to conceal it. Great gun extremely accurate! My buddy was a Master at Arms in the Navy and they carried them on duty. He did nothing but praise it.

lonewolf

Post by lonewolf »

I carry a Beretta 92G IWB in Kholster. No problems. 72" tall, 195 lbs. Usually have an extra mag or two with me as well. Set up holster with about 15 degree forward cant. G model is just a little shorter than 92fs. Great shooter, reliable as can be and fits my hands well. :tiphat:

McKnife

Post by McKnife »

I carried my Beretta off and on for two years, switching between it and an XD-45.

I used a cheapo IWB holster made by Elite and a cheapo Chinese belt. (I've since learned better) The barrel is pretty long, but it never really bothered me. The grip is much shorter than the XD so it was ideal when wearing a tight shirt.

It is a great carry pistol, but I don't like SA/DA on a carry pistol, which is why I retired my Beretta from carry and use my XD and Glock more often. That first trigger pull is very long and very heavy, which can seriously affect accuracy. Some people actually prefer the heavy and long pull. Personal preference.

I carried my Beretta with 15+1 of Federal HST 127gr.+P 9mm at half-cock with safety off.

It is probably the most accurate pistol I've shot.
:coolgleamA:

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

My primary EDC is a Beretta 96 (exact same demensions as the 92 but in .40) in a Crossbreed supertuck. I have had no problems with this combo except for the fact that the barrel sticks out a couple of inches past the bottom of the holster and you can feel the heat after a mag full.
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

RAM4171
Location: On a dead end dirt road in the deep dark woods of East TEXAS

Post by RAM4171 »

:iagree: I have the Taurus clone and its a tack driver. Never carry it though. Have won a family shooting competition with it though.
Μολὼν λαβέ
Jesus was not politically correct, therefore I refuse to be
To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic-TN

Pete92FS

Post by Pete92FS »

I had a 92FS as my first carry; qualified CHL with it. Carried in a Blackhawk IWB with no problem. Extremely accurate pistol. :fire
CHL since 01/26/09

mkc4091

Post by mkc4091 »

yes, I carry it with some cheap vertical shoulder holster with dual magazine pouch.

E.Marquez

Post by E.Marquez »

Yes, well kind a, not concealed. It's my side arm.. duty weapon. Primary is an M4 w/ MODS. Or EBR.. But the every day, for a year at a time as a 92F in an OWB BlackHawk Serpa belt holster or a Serpa with CQC platform on my IOTV is with me 24/7. This is deployment 4 with this configuration. As a matter of fact.. It's on my hip right now. :biggrinjester:

For me, I't not every carry is IWB, but then at home I carry a XD compact /.45 every day in OWB.. So IWB is never really something I do a lot of or like.

I dislike the gun for several reasons, all personal fit to me and my hands, and well.. DS/SA trigger is a minor one as well. though can be trained around just fine if you like the gun otherwise.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

TDDude

Post by TDDude »

Since we have to conceal these things, the bigger trick for you is to find a holster that fits your body well. You've asked what others used and although it can be good advice on what company gives the best quality, holsters are like shoes; what fits me probably won't fit you.

You need to find a store with a HUGE holster selection from different makers and get permission to try some. That also means with IWB, going into the restroom, loosening the belt, and seeing if it works. If it's a big store, maybe they will have a plastic 92 you can use as a model.

Many years ago, I went to Collectors Firearms in Houston and spent at least an hour at the holster rack before I decided on what worked for me. Yes, I paid a hefty premium. C.F. is not known for being a discount house, but the salesman was very knowlegable, helpful and patient and the Tucker Texas Heritage Special I bought 10 years ago is still the only IWB I've ever purchaced.

I carry the Beretta Cougar which is just as thick as the 92 but with a shorter barrel. The thickness is probably what's going to bug you with IWB. If you wear hip-hugger pants, you're probably gonna have to change to something more adult but the holster/belt combination is what you're going to spend your time on.

If the 92 fits your hands and you shoot it well, that's what you need to carry. You'll find a holster soon enough.

:cheers2:
Ray F.
Luke 22:35-38 "Gear up boys, I gotta go and it's gonna get rough." JC
-- Darrell Royal, former UT football coach - "If worms carried pistols, birds wouldn't eat 'em."

AdioSS

Post by AdioSS »

I often carry my civi M9 OWB in a yaqui style holster or a Fobus paddle at around 4~5 o'clock with a flush-fit MecGar 18rd magazine & a 20rd MecGar @ around 8 o'clock both filled with 124gr +P Speer Gold Dots. I used this gun to qualify for my CHL & Level3 Commissioned Security Officer License before I bought it, so it will always be special to me. I'm sure that it sometimes prints & sometimes the end of the barrel may poke out from under my shirt, but I'm really not THAT worried about it.

I'm about to get a hybrid IWB a problem arises holster for it so I will be able to wear it under a tucked in shirt instead of having to switch to a compact.

I swapped in a D-spring, did a mild trigger job & dry-fired the heck out of it, so now the DA pull is considerably easier than it originally was. THe D-spring is what the factory Beretta 92D DAO model uses.

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

read and/or learn

Subject: gun question
Wildscar wrote:Here is a animation of how I carry. Thats a Beretta 92FS. its about a full size as you can get. That holster has been replaced with a MTAC from CompTac so its even better now. All depends on your body frame.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

shipwreck

Post by shipwreck »

Oh, my favorite topic - carrying a Beretta...

I was carrying an HK USPc45 for a while - and one day I laid it up against my Beretta 92. The grip was about the same length. I bought a Comptac Pro Undercover holster for it, and have been carrying the 92FS everyday for the past 18 months. I even carried it thru the summer.

Last April (2010), I bought an HK P2000 to be a summer gun, as the only issue with carrying the 92 IWB is rusting grip screws. However, CDNN routinely sells NP3 covered grip screws. Once I bought a set - no more rusting grip screws. I never did use the P2000, and ended up selling it later.

I am 185lbs and 6'1" - so I am not a big guy. I carry it at the 3 o'clock position. Even with a t-shirt, as long as the shirt is good quality and is not a $5 super tight wal-mart special, I can carry it in the summer.

Comptac replaced the Pro undercover with the Infidel. it is the exact same holster - only now, the belt clip part is replaceable. It is permanently affixed to the holster in the Pro Undercover version. I occasionally carry my M9A1, and I have a pro undercover for it. I am lucky I ordered it when I did, because now that they have replaced the pro undercover with the infidel, they no longer make a version for a railed Beretta 92 (M9A1).

I love the platform so much that I have 8 of them..

Here is a pic of my carry gear and guns :)

threoh8

Post by threoh8 »

I carried an M9 for a while, in a Bianchi military belt holster (UM84?). I qualified expert with it, but never really liked it. It's well designed, and well made, but just doesn't fit my hand well. Large girth, long trigger reach.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”