March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

cdoug88
Posts in topic: 24

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by cdoug88 »

Hello again!

So I noticed that my Application: Received had the yellow ! next to it as well. I didnt think much of it until I started reading everyones posts here, so I decided to call. I talk to a really nice guy (it was a nice suprise! lol) he told me that on their end they dont have a yellow !. He said all they are waiting for is for someone to sign off on the whole process and that I should expect my status to change any day now. Good news! Good News! :hurry: The end is near! So if you see the yellow ! next to application received, do what the others have suggested and just dont worry about it.(i tried, i really did lol)

Until next time,

chase
3.01 -PACKET RECIEVED
3.25 - processing! Waiting on BG check & FP.
4.05 - FP approved. Waiting on BG check.
4.20 - Manufacturing
4.22 - Mailed
4.28 - PLASTIC IN HAND

My EDC choices:
Glock 26
Kel Tec PF9

djjoshuad
Posts in topic: 25

Post by djjoshuad »

the yellow ! is just telling you that this part of the process is still incomplete. Nothing more, nothing less... we all have them :)
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

Bulldog1911
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Bulldog1911 »

ugh...
Well, the good news is my status is updated finally after about 3 weeks :hurry: .

I sent my paperwork in on the 22 of march, recieved on 24th. I realized I had left out the "photo holder" which isn't a photo holder at all. :banghead:
I promptly mailed it out the next day and called to see what i needed to do to ensure it would go with my application.
I was given a fax number and told to fax it in with a certain number on the cover page and they would put it with my app. Sweeeet, or so I thought.

Boy was I suprised when I logged in today to see a big red X next to photo holder. So, neither of the 2 i sent in were found?????? :headscratch

Call again today. Guy was very polite and so was I. He asked what number i faxed to, told him. He asked when, I told him. "Hmmm, well probably what had happened was...yada yada yada"
Can you fax it in again to that same number. It's like 10 feet away from us, we'll get it in the system right away. So, hopefully my 3rd copy will get where it needs to be.
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalms 27:1

jladams23
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jladams23 »

thanks for the info on the ! by the application. I will just keep waiting and hope it does not take to much longer. :totap:

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

My fingerprints fiasco continues...

It's Friday. I was doing good. I was going to accept my fate and just let it my fingerprints ride it out through the weekend. I've only got 2 weeks left in my 60 days, they'll work it out... they'll work it out...

NO! Then I sprang to the phone at 4:50 PM today. Someone actually answered the phone with vigor ready to help. I told him my fingerprints are never going to get resolved unless someone actually does something. He agreed!? This was a nice guy, I mean first class customer service kind of guy.

He said, "yep I see you have two sets in here one is paper and you didn't submit paper prints. That's not right, something should have happened by now. We should have either accepted the electronic L1 FAST copy or rejected them and we haven't done either." He put me on hold for a while talked to another operator came back and said he was emailing 3 Supervisors and he was going to get it resolved for me. :clapping: He said the last Supervisor that was emailed back on the 6th of April never resonded.

I told him I don't care if I have to go and pay the $10 again to get the darn things pushed through. He said he thinks one of the 3 Supervisors will definitely work it out for me this time.

Is there hope for me now??
Smith & Wesson M&P .40 compact

3/02/11 - DPS Received packet
3/14/11 - First Status
4/18/11 - Background Green
4/19/11 - Pending Manufacturing
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED
4/25/11 - Plastic!! (55 days)

CoolHand
Posts in topic: 4

Post by CoolHand »

Well an update to my post
I just checked my status today 4/16/2011 and it has gone green with Background check under review and Application received and all green except for the background check.

Guess I am moving along :hurry:

I am glad that I am not alone in this and hope everyone is moving smoothly through the process.

CH
CoolHand wrote:Howdy everyone

I am just as inpatient as the rest of ya.

Applied online for new application 3/14
FAST prints 3/17
Class 3/18
Mailed packet 3/19
Got return receipt 3/21

Online status says Application process online awaiting records.

I called today 4/8/2011 and was told status is not changing until after 4-5 weeks to get into the system.

Guess I will be counting the days for a bit longer :banghead:

Feeling a bit like a kid at Christmas waiting to open that big present :hurry:

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

Congrats Coolhand! Feels good to get some feedback doesn't it?

Since you're stuff popped up all green you'll more than likely only have a total of 35-40 days total turnaround. That seems to be what's typical right now.

3/14/11 - First Status
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED

marshall75
Posts in topic: 5

Post by marshall75 »

Fedaykin wrote:Congrats Coolhand! Feels good to get some feedback doesn't it?

Since you're stuff popped up all green you'll more than likely only have a total of 35-40 days total turnaround. That seems to be what's typical right now.

is that for new timers or renewals? thanks

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

marshall75 wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:Congrats Coolhand! Feels good to get some feedback doesn't it?

is that for new timers or renewals? thanks
That's for newcomers, I'm not sure how the renewals have been going.

3/14/11 - First Status
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED

djjoshuad

Post by djjoshuad »

Today marks 7 weeks since I sent my packet in. Wednesday will be 7 weeks since they received it. The DPS told me that there were no issues with my BG, my prints, etc... no issues anywhere. for some reason they still haven't marked the BG check as complete and sent it to printing. FWIW, they also told me that they received it on 3.02 and *started on it* 3.24. That's over three weeks that it just sat there waiting. I'm going to give them until 4.24 before I contact my state rep. I think one month since they started on it is plenty of time. I've tried to be patient, but this is getting ridiculous... if other people who sent theirs in at the same time already have plastic, and I have no BG or print issues... why should mine take so much longer? *sigh*
My EDC

djjoshuad

Post by djjoshuad »

update - I called the DPS again today. I waited on hold (with music) for 16 minutes and 35 seconds. A female voice answered, and I asked for a detailed status of my application and gave her my TXDL#. She punched that into the computer, verified my name, and said that they were just waiting on one piece of my BG check. I assume that's the "tech review" that I posted about last week. She said she needed to put me on hold, and she would see if they could get that resolved "during this phone call". That conversation lasted about 45 seconds, at which point she put me on hold (in silence) for just shy of 18 minutes. I was starting to get tired of holding the phone when she finally came back and told me "you should expect your license in the mail within 7-14 business days." I asked if she meant that it has been sent to manufacture, and she said "yes, it's being printed. please wait 7-14 business days."

So, the good news is that my license is on its way! :hurry:

The bad news is that it still might take almost 3 weeks! (14 business days from today is 5.06) :banghead:

BTW, I called from work, where my phone has a timer on each call by default... so the wait times are accurate :)
My EDC

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

Fedaykin wrote:My fingerprints fiasco continues...

It's Friday. I was doing good. I was going to accept my fate and just let it my fingerprints ride it out through the weekend. I've only got 2 weeks left in my 60 days, they'll work it out... they'll work it out...

NO! Then I sprang to the phone at 4:50 PM today. Someone actually answered the phone with vigor ready to help. I told him my fingerprints are never going to get resolved unless someone actually does something. He agreed!? This was a nice guy, I mean first class customer service kind of guy.

He said, "yep I see you have two sets in here one is paper and you didn't submit paper prints. That's not right, something should have happened by now. We should have either accepted the electronic L1 FAST copy or rejected them and we haven't done either." He put me on hold for a while talked to another operator came back and said he was emailing 3 Supervisors and he was going to get it resolved for me. :clapping: He said the last Supervisor that was emailed back on the 6th of April never resonded.

I told him I don't care if I have to go and pay the $10 again to get the darn things pushed through. He said he thinks one of the 3 Supervisors will definitely work it out for me this time.

Is there hope for me now??

DPS just called me at 11:30 today. It was the same guy I spoke to on Friday night. He said my fingerprints are cleared up and my license is being printed. They said please wait 1-2 weeks to recieve the license in the mail! I told you this guy was on the ball!

1-2 weeks is still hard to wait, but it's a lot easier than just not knowing anything! :cool:

Website still says:

Fingerprints: Under Review
Background: Under Review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review (DPS said on the phone the license is printing)

He said the website should update in the next day or two.

3/14/11 - First Status
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED

loaded
Posts in topic: 1

Post by loaded »

Plastic is here!
Mailbox to mailbox 41 days! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
3/09/11 Application Mailed
4/18/11 CHL is here!

Fedaykin

Post by Fedaykin »

loaded wrote:Plastic is here!
Mailbox to mailbox 41 days! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
Congratulations! How does it feel? Were there rainbows, parades and festivals like in my dreams!? :cheers2:

ha ha

3/14/11 - First Status
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED

djjoshuad

Post by djjoshuad »

I'm pretty sure that the lollipop guild themselves show up to carry the plastic from my mailbox into my house, dancing it down the sidewalk to my waiting wallet. They stick around to help me fit my new holster and sing songs while I prepare for my Wally Walk. Then a herd of gun enthusiast supermodels follows me around the big-box store, fawning over my newfound confidence and badguy-fighting ability, pausing only to help me pick out some sweet new critical defense ammo. I can't find .357sig ANYWHERE but the pistol-packing model flock knows just where to get the good stuff. License Day draws to a close with the sounds of crickets, the soft snores of so many supermodels, and the gleeful hums of the lollipop dwarves as they dutifully clean my pistols. I get a great night's sleep, knowing that tomorrow is a new day - a LICENSED day.

Any truth to that? Man, I really hope my assumptions are correct :)
My EDC

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”