Printing on jeans back pocket

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

SAK
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Printing on jeans back pocket

Post by SAK »

esxmarkc wrote:Slightly less cant on the gun/holster setup and the barrel will be inside the pocket just on top of your wallet and it WILL vanish.

I carry the exact same gun in exactly the same fashion but with slightly less cant.

Even as it is now not a soul on this planet will ever notice.

Yesterday, once again I was reminded on just how oblivious everyone is. On the way out the door dressed almost exactly as you (except I'm an untucked shirt slob) my wife hugs me and says "Oh.. your wearing your gun today... I didn't even notice it."

I wear this thing EVERY day and she only notices it when she bumps into it.

AND by the way... If that is what YOU call printing then I'd bet you call a velvet Elvis portrait a masterpiece :cool:

AND let me add that your wife buys your jeans. No MAN alive goes shopping for Ralph Lauren designer pants! :lol:

Just messing with ya!!

Either that or just lower it a couple of holes. Should put the barrell below your pocket.

RSJ

Post by RSJ »

Anyone have experience with the Ruger LCP wallet-style "shroud-holster"
It fits over the gun and makes the print look exactly like a wallet, with an added finger groove.
I was thinking about getting one for this kind of printing issue.
NRA Member

TexasGal
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TexasGal »

MasterOfNone wrote:
TexasGal wrote:Butt seriously, they look fine and no body would even notice the printing issue. :iagree:
Nice, appropriate slip. :smilelol5:
Couldn't resist the play on words :evil2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

RSJ wrote:Anyone have experience with the Ruger LCP wallet-style "shroud-holster"
It fits over the gun and makes the print look exactly like a wallet, with an added finger groove.
I was thinking about getting one for this kind of printing issue.

...haven't seen this...if it's made to fire the weapon without removing it first, it would be an AOW under federal law...used to carry a High Standard double derringer in one...70s...guess it was illegal then, too...but it was neat and masked the gun well...had two loops inside for a reload...

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

WildBill wrote:
Teamless wrote:
WildBill wrote:It's not a tumor. :mrgreen:
nice Arnold - Kindergarten Cop impersonation (or at least thats how I "heard" it when I read it LOL)
:iagree: You got it. :mrgreen:
/agrees

as to the topic, I wouldn't worry about it, except for actually using that pocket, just from a functionality standpoint.
If it were me, it'd bug the bajeebus outta me.
But, I seriously wouldn't worry about it "printing" whatsoever. you can always untuck the shirt, I s'pose.
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

Katygunnut

Post by Katygunnut »

speedsix wrote:...if it bothers you...wad up a big red handkerchief and cram it partially into the pocket...or carry a biker wallet there...but it's not that obvious unless someone was really looking...
I'd be careful about putting a colored handkerchief in your back jeans pocket. I think that can have other meanings, or so I've heard.

Also, can everyone quit dissing on the designer jeans? I just got a pair of True Religion jeans on sale for the bargain price of $150. The wife unit picked them out because she was tired of my Wranglers.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

Katygunnut wrote:Also, can everyone quit dissing on the designer jeans? I just got a pair of True Religion jeans on sale for the bargain price of $150. The wife unit picked them out because she was tired of my Wranglers.
I hear that they sell these at Needless Markup in Dallas. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

Teamless
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Teamless »

Katygunnut wrote: on sale for the bargain price of $150.
OUCH!
That equals 15 pairs of jeans for me.

Wait to Black Friday, about 0600 and hit Sears. Canyon River Jeans, (their brand) normally sells for $30-$35, on sale for $10 - or at least it was that way for the past 3 years.
And if I were to buy 15 pair of jeans, that would be about 3-4 years of use!
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

WildBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by WildBill »

Teamless wrote:
Katygunnut wrote: on sale for the bargain price of $150.
OUCH!
That equals 15 pairs of jeans for me.

Wait to Black Friday, about 0600 and hit Sears. Canyon River Jeans, (their brand) normally sells for $30-$35, on sale for $10 - or at least it was that way for the past 3 years.
And if I were to buy 15 pair of jeans, that would be about 3-4 years of use!
I remember when I thought that Jordache was a rip off at $20 a pair. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

DoubleJ

Post by DoubleJ »

Nordstrom Rack ftw
FWIW, IIRC, AFAIK, FTMP, IANAL. YMMV.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 5

Post by speedsix »

Katygunnut wrote:
speedsix wrote:...if it bothers you...wad up a big red handkerchief and cram it partially into the pocket...or carry a biker wallet there...but it's not that obvious unless someone was really looking...
I'd be careful about putting a colored handkerchief in your back jeans pocket. I think that can have other meanings, or so I've heard.

Also, can everyone quit dissing on the designer jeans? I just got a pair of True Religion jeans on sale for the bargain price of $150. The wife unit picked them out because she was tired of my Wranglers.

...what "other meanings", pray tell???

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

speedsix wrote:
Katygunnut wrote:

...what "other meanings", pray tell???
It's a wikipedia article, but it is not safe for work or the more sensitive reader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

Hoi Polloi wrote: It's a wikipedia article, but it is not safe for work or the more sensitive reader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handkerchief_code" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:shock: :eek6 :shock:
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

esxmarkc

Post by esxmarkc »

I'd bet at that price they come with colorful handkerchiefs pre-sewn into the pockts :smilelol5:
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

Hoi Polloi

Post by Hoi Polloi »

esxmarkc wrote:
I'd bet at that price they come with colorful handkerchiefs pre-sewn into the pockts :smilelol5:
OUCH! That's hitting a little low.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”