March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ciphin
Posts in topic: 4

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by ciphin »

Has anyone who had their status changed to 'mailed' on the 7th received their plastic?

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 17

Post by bigmoney »

Plastic in my mailbox. :rock" :willynilly: what a glorious day. 35 days from the day I sent the forms. 33 days from the day they received it.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

trrrey
Posts in topic: 2

Post by trrrey »

I think my strategy was flawed.

I went to class at the end of February. I hand-delivered my application March 3rd, right after having my fingerprints done.

I didn't get an update of any kind until Sundays before last, and now it's exactly where it was then, at BG check in review. I notice the end of the February thread that people who turned in about that time, many are still waiting.

Meanwhile, if I would have just held onto it a week or two, and then turned it in, I would be in the group that are all getting their plastic in their mailbox now!

They must have put all the new applications on top of ours in the big pile. Or maybe the guy handing out early March apps took vacation and forgot to delegate.

Fedaykin
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Fedaykin »

trrrey wrote:I think my strategy was flawed.

I went to class at the end of February. I hand-delivered my application March 3rd, right after having my fingerprints done.

I didn't get an update of any kind until Sundays before last, and now it's exactly where it was then, at BG check in review. I notice the end of the February thread that people who turned in about that time, many are still waiting.

Meanwhile, if I would have just held onto it a week or two, and then turned it in, I would be in the group that are all getting their plastic in their mailbox now!

They must have put all the new applications on top of ours in the big pile. Or maybe the guy handing out early March apps took vacation and forgot to delegate.
At least your fingerprints are green! I'm sure your BG check will be green by Wednesday.
Smith & Wesson M&P .40 compact

3/02/11 - DPS Received packet
3/14/11 - First Status
4/18/11 - Background Green
4/19/11 - Pending Manufacturing
4/20/11 - Manufacturing
4/22/11 - MAILED
4/25/11 - Plastic!! (55 days)

ciphin

Post by ciphin »

Received my plastic today. This is my first application and I lived out of state (internationally) for 2 of the last 5 years. I did ink prints and all forms by hand (nothing submitted online all paper and ink).

February 27, 2011 – CHL Class, fingerprints (ink), photos
February 28, 2011 – Paperwork (all forms completed by hand) mailed to TX DPS
March 8, 2011 – Check cashed by TX DPS
March 22, 2011 – Background check sent off for investigation (per conversation with DPS. 2 – 4 week turnaround time)
March 23, 2011 – Dated letter from DPS (arrived March 25th) stating application received and being processed
March 24, 2011 – Online status available – fingerprints and background in process (everything else green)
March 25, 2011 – Fingerprints complete and background still in process
April 5, 2011 – Background check complete
April 6, 2011 – Pending manufacture
April 7, 2011 – Mailed
April 8, 2011 – Postmarked
April 11, 2011 – Plastic in hand

rayman1968
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rayman1968 »

Looks like Monday April 11th was a good day for for several of us! :hurry:

2.25 - Online App.
2.28 – 3.01 - CHL Class - ink prints
3.02 - FAST prints (just in case)
3.02 – Mailed packet, regular USPS
3.22 – DPS online form filled out – asking if packet has been received.
3.23 – DPS employee calls, packet received, prints complete, BG under review.
3.31 - Online Status finally updated, fingerprints complete, background check under review.
4.04 - background check complete, CHL: manufacturing pending.
4.05 – CHL: manufacturing.
4.07 – CHL: mailed
4.11 – PLASTIC IN HAND!
41 total days from packet mailing to license received.

Now if they would just get this parking lot thing passed so that my employer could not prevent me from bringing it on to their premisis (and leaving it in my truck)...all would be good.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 2farnorth »

rayman1968 wrote:Looks like Monday April 11th was a good day for for several of us! :hurry:

Now if they would just get this parking lot thing passed so that my employer could not prevent me from bringing it on to their premisis (and leaving it in my truck)...all would be good.

I know this is off topic for this thread but.. As I understand it: If they pass the parking lot bill it won't change your company's firearms policy. They can still terminate your employment. The parking lot bill would only prevent your arrest for having a firearm in the parking lot in violation of their policy.
N5PNZ

rebytr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rebytr »

Finally, status updated online this morning. Now just have to wait for my BG check.
2/12 - Online Application
2/17 - Fingerprinting
3/12 - CHL Class
3/14 - Mailed Packet
3/16 - Packet received
4/12 - Online status updated
4/21 - BG Check Completed
4/21 - Pending Manufacturing
4/22 - Manufacturing
4/26 - Mailed

Obscura
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Obscura »

I mailed everything in at the end of February. Old style ink fingerprints. Today was the first day that I was able to login to the status web site.
4/12: Background Check : Under review

Good to finally know where I'm at in the process.

4/14: Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending
4/15: Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing
4/22: Concealed Handgun License : Mailed
4/28: Concealed Handgun License : Delivered :anamatedbanana
Last edited by Obscura on Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 7

Post by 2farnorth »

Obscura wrote:I mailed everything in at the end of February. Old style ink fingerprints. Today was the first day that I was able to login to the status web site.
4/12: Background Check : Under review

Good to finally know where I'm at in the process.
Yep.. You're in the same boat as I. Nearly a month between their recipt and any status update on the web site. Mine has BG check under review since Apr 5th. Everything else is green. :grumble :waiting:
N5PNZ

djjoshuad
Posts in topic: 25

Post by djjoshuad »

My BG check still shows "under review". no hair left on my head.
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

trrrey

Post by trrrey »

Fedaykin wrote:
trrrey wrote:I think my strategy was flawed.

At least your fingerprints are green! I'm sure your BG check will be green by Wednesday.
You, sir, must be psychic. Late this morning my BG check turned green! I was wondering if there was some mass murderer who identity-stole my name, running around and destroying my record!

usafsfvet

Post by usafsfvet »

Hello everyone. Thought I'd take a moment to join in with the rest of you waiting patiently on your CHLs. Here are my dates:

26 Feb - CHL course (initial)
1 March - Online application
2 March - sent required information and documents via USPS mail
3 March - USPS delivery confirmation shows delivery on 3 March (reason for quick arrival is because I reside in Austin)
7 March - went to center to have fingerprints electronically scanned
14 March - website still indicated that they were waiting on required application documentation
25 March – noticed a change in status to everything green except background check, which is pending. At this point, I was impressed with how fast everything was being processed. Then reality set in...
13 April (today) – I checked the website and it still shows background check pending. Has been stuck at this status for three weeks now. Should have known it wouldn't be that easy

To be continued...

I understand that it is a lengthy process and that DPS probably conducts hundreds of background checks in a day out of the thousands of Texans applying for their CHL, but I find it ironic how one can have a background check conducted on them in several minutes to obtain a fire arm that same day...and yet waiting on the DPS to conduct a background check is a long affair.

May those of us stuck in BG check limo find our way out very soon.

RedSnefru

Post by RedSnefru »

My birthday was yesterday, background updated to completed this morning. I hope since it will technically be issued after that I won't effectively lose a whole year. We will definitely learn a little bit from this one. Will update when it arrives
Class 3/6
Mailed 3/16
Site Updated 4/7 L1 Prints OK
BG Completed 4/14
In Hand 4/27

prothos
Posts in topic: 8

Post by prothos »

prothos wrote::mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Mine got delayed due to missing info on my DD214. the status online was updated on the 5th. i contacted them right away and was told the problem. faxed them a new dd214 on the 6th. called and confirmed it was recieved and was told that due to that it was delayed by 2 to 3 weeks before they would start working on it again. Maybe longer if the govermant shuts down.

Application : Received
Fingerprints : Complete
Affidavits : Received
DL or ID : Valid
Citizenship : No documentation required
Passport photo holder : Under review
Photo : Received
Proof of Classroom training : Received
Proof of Proficiency training : Received
Proof of Special Condition : Unacceptable, notice sent to applicant
Fee : Received
Background Check : Under review
Concealed Handgun License : Print pending completion of application review
Spoke with them today Due to a large backlog of updates i was told it could be another 2 to 3 weeks before my updated DD214 is added then they will start processing the background so looks like another month or more for me.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”