Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Skiprr
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Skiprr »

Welcome, wrightbrothersmom!

Listen closely to llwatson. Despite the huge finger-splint on her trigger finger, she really knows what she's doing. Really. No, really!
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

longtooth
Posts in topic: 252

Post by longtooth »

Welcome WBsmom. There are several ladies on the board that carry regular. They are all quality class ladies who can help you. We men do a lot of listening when they speak.
Glad to have another lady.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

jbirds1210
Posts in topic: 33

Post by jbirds1210 »

Welcome, wrightbrothersmom! (WBM in the future...my fingers got tired typing that :grin: )!

I know there will be a great deal of diverse opinion for you to consider! My wife has faced similar challenges and worked through many of them with the things she learned here! Please ask a lot of questions. Have a great night.
Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

wrightbrothersmom
Posts in topic: 2

Post by wrightbrothersmom »

At this point I am not sure what or how to carry. Between my job and my kids I am in and out of schools everyday. My normal dress is skirt or jeans/shorts and fitted tops. So with this in mind -- does anyone have any suggestions for carry method?

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Crossfire »

WBmom,

If you constantly have to arm and disarm, then it's a pain to carry in a holster. There is no shame in an off-body carry method. When it comes to that, we have lots more options than the guys.

Check out purses and other carry cases here: http://www.coronadoleather.com/ I have had both a purse and a planner from Coronado Leather. They ARE pricey, but their stuff looks good and lasts. Check the gun shows too. You can get lots of ideas there.

As far as WHAT to carry... you need to find a firearm that fits your hand and works for you. Once you do that, then you will find a way to carry it. I am partial to the Glocks. Others here wouldn't even think of carrying one. That doesn't make them wrong, just different. (OK, actually it DOES make them wrong, but we aren't going to get into that debate here!)
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

llwatson wrote:WBmom,

I am partial to the Glocks. Others here wouldn't even think of carrying one. That doesn't make them wrong, just different. (OK, actually it DOES make them wrong, but we aren't going to get into that debate here!)
Careful thar Maaam. Yer a gettin plumb personal now. :lol:
How's your finger doing. I really have prayed over it.
LT.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Crossfire »

LT - I had no idea you cared about my finger issue! Thanks so much for your concern, and for your prayers. It is MUCH better. (Which is a good thing, cause typing without my favorite finger is really annoying!)

But, on the bright side, my offhand shooting is improving greatly. Probably because I shoot a Glock !
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Txroadcyclist
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Txroadcyclist »

Hello all,

I'm 41
male
Texas Aggie (Class of 89)
CHL since May 2006.
Married with 1 daughter

I am one of what seems like maybe a dozen conservative cyclists in the Austin area. In addition to cycling I am a football official and also enjoy rock climbing, bird hunting, fishing and reading.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

welcome aboard cyclist. Glad to have you. I know nothing about bikes but we have several that do.

Ron C

Post by Ron C »

Welcome.

"Why are those tabs sticking out of your bike shorts? And what is that lump?"

Sorry, that's just came to my mind when I thought concealed carry and cycling. ;-)

Enjoy your stay. I have been here for a few days. Good crowd here.

trueno

Howdy from Beaumont

Post by trueno »

Been lurkin' and learnin' for a lil while now, just about ready to take the plunge for the license.

50yrs old
no wife
no kids
no beans in my chili
cat lover
met my gf on the internet
:lol:

Love shootin' my rifles and shotguns, thinkin' about goin' with sumthin' else as a carry besides a Beretta Cougar, will decide before I go for my license. See y'all at the local ranges or shows.

t
"...kill 'em all an smash the eggs"

Armybrat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Armybrat »

Just ran across this board yesterday (via Glocktalk) and posted a couple times already.

Am a retired teacher, residing right next to Round Rock. Have had a CHL from the getgo and just got my renewal (8 week turnaround).

Carry a Kahr PM9 or a Keltec .32 most of the time.

NRA & TSRA life member.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Welcome aboard trueno & armybrat.
Merry Christmas.

trueno

Post by trueno »

longtooth wrote:Welcome aboard trueno & armybrat.
Merry Christmas.
Thanks! Hey, can ya suggest what forum to check out to help me decide on a carry pistol (pros/cons)? Like I said above, this Beretta is a lil heavy. Ain't sayin' I won't go with it but it's gonna take a lot more practice.

t
"...kill 'em all an smash the eggs"

carlson1
Posts in topic: 166

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the forum trueno and armybrat.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”