Discouraging words to hear

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Bmh1123
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Discouraging words to hear

Post by Bmh1123 »

Wow. I sent my packet in on 1/11. State received it on 1/14. As of 3/25, it is still showing fingerprints and background check under review. I had friends that sent their applications in 3 weeks later, had fingerprints rejected, reprinted at L1, sent in and now have plastic in hand. I'm a little frustrated.
Has anyone else had this long of a wait?

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 1

Post by sugar land dave »

Bmh1123 wrote:Wow. I sent my packet in on 1/11. State received it on 1/14. As of 3/25, it is still showing fingerprints and background check under review. I had friends that sent their applications in 3 weeks later, had fingerprints rejected, reprinted at L1, sent in and now have plastic in hand. I'm a little frustrated.
I think it might be time to email them to assure the packet has not been misplaced.
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

Old Chief wrote:I got mine in just over a month and have lived in Texas for only 2 years. In Ohio it took 6 months, so TX seems fast.
Are you kidding me? What county?

Franklin County routinely issues CHL's in one business day. Ohio law requires the sheriff to issue within 45 days (O.R.C. 2923.125(D)(1)).
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

Bmh1123
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Bmh1123 »

sugar land dave wrote:
Bmh1123 wrote:Wow. I sent my packet in on 1/11. State received it on 1/14. As of 3/25, it is still showing fingerprints and background check under review. I had friends that sent their applications in 3 weeks later, had fingerprints rejected, reprinted at L1, sent in and now have plastic in hand. I'm a little frustrated.
I think it might be time to email them to assure the packet has not been misplaced.
I called DPS on the phone 3/19. They stated that thr FBI was working on fingerprints and background check. Stated some sort of computer problem. Said it should be any day. Still waiting. There is NOTHING in my past to raise any red flags. Maybe I want it to much. The whole waiting for water to boil deal. Oh well. I suppose I'll continue to wait.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”