March 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

gwtrikenut
Posts in topic: 1

Re: March 2011 Applications

Post by gwtrikenut »

Welcome to the waiting game guys and gals. It is funny how SLOW time passes when you are waiting for that piece of plastic, and how fast it passes after you receive it. Just be patient, and it will come. Welcome aboard. :tiphat:

rayman1968
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rayman1968 »

Howdy ya'll,

I've been lurking here for just about a month, checking to see everyone's wait time. I finally broke down and registered this morning.
patience...patience...patience... :banghead:

rcf005
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rcf005 »

I just joined by recommendation of Rayman! I did everything online, sent in my packet on March 1st, got delivery confirmation on March 3rd, and I'm now playing the waiting game just like the rest of you. And my online status still says they have not received my packet. I think I am going to go get the electronic fingerprinting done along with the paper prints I sent in because I have a feeling they will be denied. It's really nice to know that I'm not the only one waiting though!

:waiting:

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 17

Post by bigmoney »

rcf005 wrote:I just joined by recommendation of Rayman! I did everything online, sent in my packet on March 1st, got delivery confirmation on March 3rd, and I'm now playing the waiting game just like the rest of you. And my online status still says they have not received my packet. I think I am going to go get the electronic fingerprinting done along with the paper prints I sent in because I have a feeling they will be denied. It's really nice to know that I'm not the only one waiting though!

:waiting:
Welcome. Considering the cutoff for paper prints on march 1, and with you stating that you mailed everythig in on march 1, I'm thinking you'll more than likely have to do the fast printing. I would call the help line and find out, otherwise it'll just delay your process further.

I've almost given up checking my status for now, seeing as how so many other people have stated how far behind the system is on updating it. Confirmation mail confims they received it, so I'll just wait a while. I've got a full scheudule of classes to keep me busy, along with following the trail on the campus carry. I'm waiting for a lot to happen at once.
Again, welcome, and if you haven't read much on here, make some time to browse, this place is awesome and overwhelmingly informative.
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

djjoshuad
Posts in topic: 25

Post by djjoshuad »

I'm about 99% sure that the cutoff for paper prints is based on your application date, not when they are mailed or received. Personally, I'd be a bit worried about submitting two sets of fingerprints. I've heard that doubling up on things can make it look like you're attempting to apply for a second CHL (even though you're obviously not) and cause issues there. That came from my CHL instructor... maybe I'm just paranoid :)
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

commando223
Posts in topic: 3

Post by commando223 »

Mailed in my Packet on wed March 9th I have been checking the Website for status updates. I kinda got worried about it saying it's still waiting for materials... but now I see it's a common thing and there are others like me. :cheers2:

So far I ordered a Micro Desert Eagle as a Backup for my real carry gun but I'm still deciding, right now I'm thinking Glock 23...

Slowplay
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Slowplay »

Welcome fellow waiters (or waitees?)! It's now been three weeks since I sent in my checklist and other required documentation. Still no update to the online status, which was expected based on others reporting their recent wait times. I even managed to go a couple days (weekend) without checking.

I'm not aware of a place to see applicants by month, but I'd wager February was well above average.
NRA Benefactor Member
"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance..."
- John Philpot Curran

bigmoney
Posts in topic: 17

Post by bigmoney »

Wonder if some liberal IT person is sitting there in Austin laughing at a program they wrote to keep the status from changing for anybody who checks it more than once per week. Oh, they got one up on us there,... Not :thumbs2:
my sense of humor might be a little off, but hey, it makes me laugh. without my sarcasim, i don't have much else, so i'm told :lol:
Don't choose a username while a stupid insurrance commercial is on the tv
M&P 9c edc
LCP bug
NRA

nat68han
Posts in topic: 7

Post by nat68han »

Did my app online, L1 did fingerprinting and photos on 3/4. Did my CHL class on 3/12 and mailed on 3/14. Now just waiting!! And wait! And wait!

rayman1968
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rayman1968 »

On 3/22 I filled out an online form under Customer Relations on the DPS-CHL website. (I wanted to make sure my packet was received since I did not do "return receipt" at the post office.)
On 3/23 I get a call from them and they confirm my packet was received. I asked if they were actually doing anything with it yet and she said yes, my fingerprints were complete and background check is underway. She also admitted they are currently swamped with applications and that online updates are WAY BEHIND.
I feel better knowing my stuff is being worked on, since we can't really check the progress online. :txflag:

RttlTrap

Post by RttlTrap »

rayman1968 wrote:On 3/22 I filled out an online form under Customer Relations on the DPS-CHL website. (I wanted to make sure my packet was received since I did not do "return receipt" at the post office.)
On 3/23 I get a call from them and they confirm my packet was received. I asked if they were actually doing anything with it yet and she said yes, my fingerprints were complete and background check is underway. She also admitted they are currently swamped with applications and that online updates are WAY BEHIND.
I feel better knowing my stuff is being worked on, since we can't really check the progress online. :txflag:

I filled out the same form yesterday and received an email reply stating that it is currently taking 4-5 weeks before status is updated online. tick - tock
We're all here 'cause we're not all there.

cdoug88
Posts in topic: 24

Post by cdoug88 »

I told myself yesterday that I would wait until Monday to check the dps website again since it hasn't been updating but I gave in firat thing this morning and checked from my phone. The website has updated!!! :woohoo it shouldn't be toooooooooooo much longer now.(that's what I'm telling myself anyway) :thewave
3.01 -PACKET RECIEVED
3.25 - processing! Waiting on BG check & FP.
4.05 - FP approved. Waiting on BG check.
4.20 - Manufacturing
4.22 - Mailed
4.28 - PLASTIC IN HAND

My EDC choices:
Glock 26
Kel Tec PF9

djjoshuad
Posts in topic: 25

Post by djjoshuad »

I also emailed them and received a call back the next day (Wednesday). She informed me that they were on a major backlog and it's taking 60 days to process most applications. She also said that they were waiting on my fingerprints from L1 even though I sent in ink fingerprints. I told her that, and she recommended going ahead to L1 to have them done again.

Also, no update on the website as of today :(
My EDC
In Truck: Sig P226R .357
On Person: Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II .45 ACP

johnson0317
Posts in topic: 23

Post by johnson0317 »

Took my class today (3/26). Missed two on the test which frustrates me because I answered one of the questions for the class during discussion...I just wrote down the wrong answer! :mad5 Got a perfect score on the practice qualification, but sweated it a little on the actual qualification and got a 247.

Did the online app and fingerprinting a month ago, so just need to send the packet off.

The clock starts to tick!

RJ
CHL Received 5/16/11
Proud Member NRA
Proud Member Texas Concealed Handgun Association
Proud Member Second Amendment Foundation
Proud Member of The Truth Squad founded by Tom Gresham. "A lie left unchallenged becomes the truth"

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

djjoshuad wrote:I also emailed them and received a call back the next day (Wednesday). She informed me that they were on a major backlog and it's taking 60 days to process most applications. She also said that they were waiting on my fingerprints from L1 even though I sent in ink fingerprints. I told her that, and she recommended going ahead to L1 to have them done again.

Also, no update on the website as of today :(

I got surprised when I checked the web site today (Sunday). Late Friday evening it still showed awaiting required materials... Just for the heck of it I checked again this morning and it shows materials received and awaiting background check and fingerprint review. :clapping:
N5PNZ

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”