CHL registration question

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bocephus
Posts in topic: 3

CHL registration question

Post by Bocephus »

I registered an online application for my CHL a couple of weeks ago, and paid my $140. Am I supposed to receive a packet ?...if so, how long does that take.

Thanks in advance !

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Re: CHL registration question

Post by MoJo »

No packet, You take your class, get your prints and pictures fill out your "photo holder" put all that plus your CHL 100 and application checklist (the one with the big bar-code when you printer your receipt) into an envelope and mail them in.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Topic author
Bocephus

Post by Bocephus »

Okay, thanks...you mentioned the comfirmation e-mail with the big bar code. That gets sent in also ?

Thanks for the help MoJo, I really appreciate it. Sorry to be ignorant of these things, but this is the first time for me to go through this process. I'm just glad I found this site.

Bo

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Bocephus wrote:comfirmation e-mail with the big bar code. That gets sent in also ?
Yes

And welcome to the forum! And congrats on applying for your CHL :clapping:

Topic author
Bocephus

Post by Bocephus »

Thanks Thomas....Looks like a great site. I think I have it figured out now,

rrk0818
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rrk0818 »

MoJo wrote:No packet, You take your class, get your prints and pictures fill out your "photo holder" put all that plus your CHL 100 and application checklist (the one with the big bar-code when you printer your receipt) into an envelope and mail them in.

Schedule your fingerprints with L1, as of 01 Mar 2011 none of the CHL classes or PD's can do your prints. here is their link to schedule your fingerprints.
http://www.l1enrollment.com/state/?st=tx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”