CHL Insurance

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
PRO
Posts in topic: 3

CHL Insurance

Post by PRO »

Has anyone subscribed to a CHL insurance program? I have seen several and each offers different options. Most are from $10 to $15
Phil

It is the little people who will suffer from QE2. The buying power of my mothers retirement will decrease by 40%

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Re: CHL Insurance

Post by WildBill »

PRO wrote:Has anyone subscribed to a CHL insurance program? I have seen several and each offers different options. Most are from $10 to $15
Where did you see these? I haven't seen any that cheap.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I just stay out of trouble and keep my nose clean, and only fire when fired upon. That's my insurance. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
PRO

Post by PRO »

These are what I've found

http://www.[Pre-paid legal service].com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.armedcitizensnetwork.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://chlpp.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

$15 a month to me is cheap insurance.
Phil

It is the little people who will suffer from QE2. The buying power of my mothers retirement will decrease by 40%

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

PRO wrote:$15 a month to me is cheap insurance.
My mistake. I thought you were talking per year, not per month. All of these companies require a minimum year contract.
NRA Endowment Member

Topic author
PRO

Post by PRO »

WildBill wrote:
PRO wrote:$15 a month to me is cheap insurance.
My mistake. I thought you were talking per year, not per month. All of these companies require a minimum year contract.
True. I have no problem with a year contract. Seems car, MC and house insurance requires somewhat the same.

I'm of the mind that I'd rather have some means of legal support and not need it than to need it and not have it. Murphy's laws always apply.

I've emailed the Houston firm 3 times, asking about their services w/o any response. I'm going to look into others as soon as I can find some free time.

I've also heard that my home ownes insurance may cover this, though I've not been able to verify this.
Phil

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

I'm in ageement wthTAM
I've been blessed to have not needed insurance for the knife I've carried since 1970s
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

A lot of these so-called concealed carry defense networks are also just scams. I won't single any out, but I would absolutely, 100%, without question or reservation advise against subscribing to them. First, do you really want to be represented by a lawyer who will accept your MURDER or manslaughter case for the minor amounts that you've paid over the course of the agreement? I've heard most decent lawyers wouldn't even consider a murder case for less than $15k. Do you think the lawyer you get will have his heart in your defense when he finds himself spending hundreds of hours for the couple of hundred dollars he may have earned on your monthly payments? Second, I would want to double and triple check the identity of who, exactly, will be taking your case. Again, without naming any names, I know of at least one service that ultimately assigns your case to a lawyer who has almost no trial experience to speak of AND almost no criminal defense experience. Trying to save a dime on the cost of a lawyer who might be the only thing standing between you and decades in prison is mindless, people.

Go out and find a real lawyer, one who you like and trust. Most private attorneys are happy to give you a free consultation, or even just an opportunity to come and meet each other. They are more than happy to add you to their book of clients, even if you don't need anything right away. Most will not even think of charging you a "retainer" just to open a file for you and put it in their file cabinet. If you're ever in a tight spot, you'll KNOW who is going to come and help you out. And, you'll have a lawyer ready if you ever need anything else, like a will or a contract. If you find a really good one who is committed to service, he may not even charge you for answers to some of the more frequently asked questions.

And yes, you will be expected to pay. Can you afford not to? If you had cancer, you would find a way to pay your medical bills. If you're in trouble with the law, it's exactly the same.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

andy123

Post by andy123 »

Good topic I have the same question. If anyone has any good things to say about them or experienced the help i am interested to know.
Ruger SR9C

tacticool

Post by tacticool »

Jumping Frog wrote:And yes, you will be expected to pay. Can you afford not to? If you had cancer, you would find a way to pay your medical bills. If you're in trouble with the law, it's exactly the same.
That's one of the reason people buy medical insurance. The principle (pooled risk) is similar.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “New to CHL?”