Is Houston getting more violent

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Houpilot2001
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Is Houston getting more violent

Post by Houpilot2001 »

Definitely agree, I work from Conroe to Rosenberg and everywhere in between. There are some pretty rough areas outside the loop.

pistolpete007

Post by pistolpete007 »

Why is it , That possibly a ( FELON / or an illegal ) Can walk in to a Gun Show & Purchase a fire arm thru an individual , And walk out in 5 minutes later
Armed & Dangerous again . Is the seller just as responsible for not having a FFL ??? . All replies welcomed .
Last edited by pistolpete007 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rm9792
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rm9792 »

These are usually private sellers not dealers. You dont need an ffl to sell your private property. Also, it is illegal for an individual to run a nics.

pistolpete007

Post by pistolpete007 »

rm9792 wrote:These are usually private sellers not dealers. You dont need an ffl to sell your private property. Also, it is illegal for an individual to run a nics.
Thankyou , I totally understand , What about the BILL OF SALE " NOT REQUIRED I GUESS " It still concerns me that 98% of the sales @ gun shows are
ffl dealers , The other 2% can enter into a Gun Show ? I am not a Lawmaker or a Lawbreaker Just a little confused on the private sales @ a Gun show
Thanks again for your comment .
Last edited by pistolpete007 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

pistolpete007 wrote:
rm9792 wrote:These are usually private sellers not dealers. You dont need an ffl to sell your private property. Also, it is illegal for an individual to run a nics.
Thankyou , I totally understand , What about the BILL OF SALE " NOT REQUIRED I GUESS " It still concerns me that 98% of the sales @ gun shows are
ffl dealers , The other 2% can enter into a Gun Show ? I am not a Lawmaker or a Lawbreaker Just a little confused on the private sales @ a Gun show
I am not sure of your question. It doesn't matter whether or not you are at a gun show, in your house or on the street. In Texas, a non-FFL can legally sell a gun to a private individual without a background check or a bill of sale.
NRA Endowment Member

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Beiruty »

How about Federal law, in regard to transfer of firearm to a felon or illegal?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Beiruty wrote:How about Federal law, in regard to transfer of firearm to a felon or illegal?
Texas law also prohibits felons from possessing firearms. If you knowingly sell to a felon or anyone else who can't legally own a firearm then you are breaking the law. That said, an individual has no legal duty nor the means to perform a background check or immigration status of a person. That is why some private sellers prefer to sell to CHL holders or people that they personally know.
NRA Endowment Member

pistolpete007

Post by pistolpete007 »

WildBill wrote:
Beiruty wrote:How about Federal law, in regard to transfer of firearm to a felon or illegal?
Texas law also prohibits felons from possessing firearms. If you knowingly sell to a felon or anyone else who can't legally own a firearm then you are breaking the law. That said, an individual has no legal duty nor the means to perform a background check or immigration status of a person. That is why some private sellers prefer to sell to CHL holders or people that they personally know.
Thank you Wild Bill

pistolpete007

Post by pistolpete007 »

WildBill wrote:
pistolpete007 wrote:
I am not sure of your question. It doesn't matter whether or not you are at a gun show, in your house or on the street. In Texas, a non-FFL can legally sell a gun to a private individual without a background check or a bill of sale.
Thanks Wild Bill
Last edited by pistolpete007 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Barbi Q »

Why is it , That possibly a ( DWI / or an illegal ) Can go purchase a vehicle for cash thru an individual ,
And drive away in 5 minutes later
Driving and dangerous again . Is the seller just as irresponsible for not being a licensed car dealer?

Why is it , That possibly a ( FELON / or an illegal ) Can walk in to a Wal Mart & Purchase a chef knife from the store.
And walk out in 5 minutes later
Armed & Dangerous again . Is the store just as irresponsible for not doing a background check?
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

rm9792

Post by rm9792 »

WildBill pretty much covered it as far as private sales. Here is their theory most likely: If they target private sales in general there will be an uproar. So they go for the soft fat target of "gun show loophole" and when they get the votes simply word it to where all ftf sales are illegal without a dealer. Sad thing is that it is a sound plan for the grabbers.

seamusTX
Posts in topic: 13

Post by seamusTX »

What does any of this have to do with the fact that crime rates in Houston have been dropping for years, while gun-control paradises like the United Kingdom have increasing violence?

- Jim
Fear, anger, hatred, and greed. The devil's all-you-can-eat buffet.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://www.click2houston.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The word shooting seems to come up a lot.

Hoosier Daddy

Post by Hoosier Daddy »

seamusTX wrote:What does any of this have to do with the fact that crime rates in Houston have been dropping for years, while gun-control paradises like the United Kingdom have increasing violence?
Imagine how much safer college campuses in Houston could have been starting with the Fall semester if Zaffrini hadn't opposed the campus crime reduction amendment to her bill.
Indiana Lifetime Handgun License

fulano

Post by fulano »

IMFMO
I worked in Houston for 16+ years. Eight of those years I lived there.

I lived and worked in Dallas for 20+ years. I compare the two.

I had many many personal incidents in Houston. License plate thefts, two. Registration sticker theft (scraped off the windshield), one. Car vandalism, three. Car "breaking and entering, two. Personal threat situations, two. Witness to a reported crime, two. Other incidents I avoided, many. I carried in Houston before GWB signed the law....to protect my life.

My apartment was in the Galleria area and was gated with a 24 hour attendent. I had stolen mail, vandalism, breakin in this apartment and nobody knew nuttin'. In Dallas metro area, I've lived in Farmersbranch, Garland, Denton, Plano, and Dallas and have never (knock on my PM9) been threatened, been witness to a crime or vandalized here.

You don't want to hear it but.....The Dallas metroplex is segregated financially and through zoning. Everyone..that's everyone, knows the "bad part of town". In Houston, the whole city is glomed together with good neighborhoods and bad ones only a block apart and the ease of the gangs and crooks to cross from one place to the other is irresistible; and they do.

IMFMO
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." George Orwell 1903-1950

Return to “Never Again!!”