January 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

bcdudley
Posts in topic: 2

Re: January 2011 Applications

Post by bcdudley »

1/8 - CHL Class
1/9 - Applied online
1/9 - Mailed package with cheapest mail option possible
1/10 - Status first showed on DPS
1/10 -- Fee : Received
1/11 - Application : Received
1/13 - Had to mail in more proof of military service. DD214 was not sufficient
1/14 - Fingerprints : Complete
1/20 - All documents received, waiting on background check.
2/17 - Called DPS to inquire the status. I was told the background check came back over a week ago and was pending review. Left message for processor to call me back.
2/18 - Processor called me back. She told me that because I had a couple of speeding tickets, it took longer than normal. They have to send it through a different type of background check. She told me that she had approved my application and background check and I should receive my license with 10 to 12 business days. Status on the web site still says background check is pending.
2/20 - Background Check : Completed, Concealed Handgun License : Manufacturing Pending
2/22 - Manufacturing
2/26 - Mailed
Last edited by bcdudley on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

mt_goodrich
Posts in topic: 5

Post by mt_goodrich »

Ugh...sorry to hear about your prints.

I was somewhat concerned about my prints. I am no expert, but I was worried about mine, but they cleared as being okay.

I hear that in March, only prints that will be accepted will be thru L1.

nyj
Posts in topic: 11

Post by nyj »

bcdudley wrote:1/8 - CHL Class
1/9 - Applied online
1/9 - Mailed package with cheapest mail option possible
1/10 - Status first showed on DPS
1/10 -- Fee : Received
1/11 - Application : Received
1/13 - Had to mail in more proof of military service. DD214 was not sufficient
1/14 - Fingerprints : Complete
1/20 - All documents received, waiting on background check.
2/17 - Called DPS to inquire the status. I was told the background check came back over a week ago and was pending review. Left message for processor to call me back.
2/18 - Processor called me back. She told me that because I had a couple of speeding tickets, it took longer than normal. They have to send it through a different type of background check. She told me that she had approved my application and background check and I should receive my license with 10 to 12 business days. Status on the web site still says background check is pending.
That's interesting about the speeding tickets. I received two tickets last year (same day, same officer, same time) and the tickets are still 'open.' My lawyer has delayed them, as well as Burnet county taking their time. I'm wondering if that will slow my process down...I don't think the tickets would show up anywhere on my record.

mrfunnyman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mrfunnyman »

mrfunnyman wrote:yep yesterday mine was pending manufacture and today it says mailed.
When I mailed mine from Colleyville to Austin last month it took 5 days so I am guessing at least a week more to wait. We'll see.
Ok I'm done waiting, my plastic showed up today. Just about 1 month and 1 week from the time I took my class. Woohoo!!!! :anamatedbanana

sugar land dave
Posts in topic: 17

Post by sugar land dave »

mrfunnyman wrote:
mrfunnyman wrote:yep yesterday mine was pending manufacture and today it says mailed.
When I mailed mine from Colleyville to Austin last month it took 5 days so I am guessing at least a week more to wait. We'll see.
Ok I'm done waiting, my plastic showed up today. Just about 1 month and 1 week from the time I took my class. Woohoo!!!! :anamatedbanana
congrats! :cheers2:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 11

Post by pcgizzmo »

Finally got my license. Took 3 days from showing mailed to get to my house in DFW. So far this weekend I've carried into PF Changs, Cheesceake factory, Cheaper than dirt, Cabella, and Central Market. I'd say thats quite a start. It's really strange carrying a gun. I find myself tugging on my shirt to make sure it's down. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

GAM
Posts in topic: 9

Post by GAM »

Congratulations! :cheers2: And double so for the broad spectrum of places where you have carried. I mostly carry to/from work and now don't worry too much about being a stand-out while carrying. I do remind myself every morning that dedicated responsibility is needed while carrying. Keep up the good work.
GAM
pcgizzmo wrote:Finally got my license. Took 3 days from showing mailed to get to my house in DFW. So far this weekend I've carried into PF Changs, Cheesceake factory, Cheaper than dirt, Cabella, and Central Market. I'd say thats quite a start. It's really strange carrying a gun. I find myself tugging on my shirt to make sure it's down. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

XinTX
Posts in topic: 23

Post by XinTX »

Online application - 12/18/10
Class taken - 1/23/11
Materials mailed - 1/24/11
Received in Austin - 1/26/11
Status available online 2/11/11
Fingerprints rejected - 2/17/11
L-1 Fingerprints - 2/23/11
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 38

Post by rmr1923 »

:thewave

FINALLY, my online status hasn't reflected it yet, but this morning i received an email from the DPS notifying me that my background check is complete and i should be receiving my license within 2 weeks!

12/31/10 - took class
1/1/11 - online application
1/3/11 - mailed paperwork
1/6/11 - DPS received
1/10/11 - 1st status available online
2/23/11 - application approved

so even with a juvenile class B misdemeanor listed on my app, mine was processed well within the 60 day time frame from when they received my paperwork. now for the worst part of the wait :totap:

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

rmr1923 wrote::thewave

FINALLY, my online status hasn't reflected it yet, but this morning i received an email from the DPS notifying me that my background check is complete and i should be receiving my license within 2 weeks!

12/31/10 - took class
1/6/11 - DPS received

so even with a juvenile class B misdemeanor listed on my app, mine was processed well within the 60 day time frame from when they received my paperwork. now for the worst part of the wait :totap:
Congrats! :cheers2: You beat me. I called yesterday, my background check is still with a they are still reviewing my arrest. I am not worried about not getting it but just hating the wait. :banghead:
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

warhorse10_9 wrote:

12/31/10 - took class
1/6/11 - DPS received

Congrats! :cheers2: You beat me. I called yesterday, my background check is still with a they are still reviewing my arrest. I am not worried about not getting it but just hating the wait. :banghead:
yeah what i found interesting is that the notification i got was from someone with the title "Investigator II, Eligibility Evaluation Unit" so i'm thinking that simpler applications (i.e. no arrests) are handled in a quicker fashion, and those with more to them are bumped up to someone who digs a bit deeper on the background check. i never did have to provide any sort of court documentation, probably because it was a juvenile arrest 11 years ago. good luck with the wait, i know it's brutal and i'm not quite done yet. now i just have to keep from checking my mailbox more than once a day for the next couple weeks :banghead:

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 27

Post by jcarp02 »

12/31/10 - took class
1/6/11 - DPS received

Congrats! :cheers2:

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

:cheers2:
Attachments
CHL.JPG

macattac
Posts in topic: 6

Post by macattac »

My status went to "mailed" this morning, by the time I get back to town it should be in the mailbox.

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

macattac wrote:My status went to "mailed" this morning, by the time I get back to town it should be in the mailbox.
you going to be out of town for at least a week? :lol:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”