WTB Lever Gun

Items listed for over one month, or that were sold are listed here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
KRM45
Posts in topic: 5

WTB Lever Gun

Post by KRM45 »

I'm looking for a lever gun chambered in .357 mag. Preferebly with a 16" barrel.

Anyone have one collecting dust? This would be a truck gun, so I'm not looking for anything fancy.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by anygunanywhere »

Have you tried some of the on-line forums the lever gun folk frequent?

http://www.leverguns.com/

http://www.marlinowners.com/

Google will get you more.

On-line auctions and pawn shops are a good place as well.

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Cosmo 9 »

My Father in Law has one, I'll ask him tonight if he'd be interested in letting it go. He has his eye on a Springfield Micro Compact so this may be a good time to ask.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

Sorry Keith he said he's going to keep the lever gun. Happy hunting.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Thanks Cosmo.

I'll check around some of the local pawn shops too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Rex B

How about a Rossi 92?

Post by Rex B »

Someone in Arlington was selling a nice Rossi model 92 in .357.
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

stroo

Post by stroo »

I recently bought a Marlin 336 at a gun show. However I had looked at a couple of pawn shops first. The pickings were kind of slim although I did see two at Roy's on Irving BLVd. They were kind of beat up on the outside but the barrels looked ok and the actions seemed to work fine. The guys there said there would be more selection in February-March when the deer hunters trade their Marlins in. I just didn't want to wait and found a fairly good selection at the gun show although they were a little more expensive.

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

stroo wrote:I recently bought a Marlin 336 at a gun show. However I had looked at a couple of pawn shops first. The pickings were kind of slim although I did see two at Roy's on Irving BLVd. They were kind of beat up on the outside but the barrels looked ok and the actions seemed to work fine. The guys there said there would be more selection in February-March when the deer hunters trade their Marlins in. I just didn't want to wait and found a fairly good selection at the gun show although they were a little more expensive.
Thanks stroo...

Papalote

Post by Papalote »

I would certainly buy the Marlin if you can find one. The 357s go quickly. Keep checking on Leverguns.com and marlinowners.com. I found my 16" 1894CP there. BTW, they shoot very well and are extremely handy. GunsAmerica may also be a good place. The 16"er was discontinued some time ago. The standard offering now is 18.5 or 20 (octagon) inches. I will keep you in mind as I do my looking. Also, cast about on SoutheastTexas .com. Ads are free (1). It is an East Texas E-classified. I don't know where you are located but shipping is easy.

Papalote

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Papalote wrote:I would certainly buy the Marlin if you can find one. The 357s go quickly. Keep checking on Leverguns.com and marlinowners.com. I found my 16" 1894CP there. BTW, they shoot very well and are extremely handy. GunsAmerica may also be a good place. The 16"er was discontinued some time ago. The standard offering now is 18.5 or 20 (octagon) inches. I will keep you in mind as I do my looking. Also, cast about on SoutheastTexas .com. Ads are free (1). It is an East Texas E-classified. I don't know where you are located but shipping is easy.

Papalote
Thanks for the info.

Papalote

Post by Papalote »

There is an 1894C on Leverguns.com in Houston. 18.5" barrel

Papalote

Reysc

Post by Reysc »

Just wondering if you will be interested in this one...

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 6662#56662

Topic author
KRM45

Post by KRM45 »

Reysc wrote:Just wondering if you will be interested in this one...

http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... 6662#56662
Thanks for thinking of me, but I've got a 336 in 30-30. I'm looking for the .357 so I can use the same ammo as my revolver.

Return to “Closed Items”