Places to practice & train

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Ropin
Posts in topic: 2

Great Southwest Gun Range

Post by Ropin »

This place is fantastic!

The facility is clean, well-lit and airy. The people who work there are gun guys, and you can tell. Something else you can tell is that they are people-people, and customer-service oriented. I'm personally ecstatic that there's such a great place so close to me, but I would be willing to drive a ways to get to this range.

If you're in the general area, swing by and say hi. They'll make you want to come back.

Ladies, you won't find a hint of the "Shucks, little lady...that gun is just too much for you; try this little ol thing. Look, it's pink...isn't it precious?"
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

MrPaul
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Great Southwest Gun Range

Post by MrPaul »

It was great meeting you today!

Apart from getting to play with all the guns, the best part of my job has to be making new friends :thumbs2:

Thanks for the compliments on the range quality, they are truly appreciated...
Indoor Shooting and Archery http://www.GreatSouthwestGun.com Grand Prairie TX

speedsix
Posts in topic: 1

Post by speedsix »

...thanks for the headsup...had no idea this range existed...I'll check it out soon...

Tim the Teacher

Post by Tim the Teacher »

Another thumbs up for the Great Southwest Gun Range :thumbs2: I took my brother and his girlfriend there this morning and it was a very nice experience. Big parking lot, clean store, check in was smooth and Paul directed us where to enter the range with enthusiasm. Return visit is being planned.

gtrman66

Post by gtrman66 »

I was there today (1/30) from 5:00 to 6:00. It was the Mrs. first time shooting a pistol. She had a blast. She tried the little Heritage .22 revolver and my carry, a PT-140, .40 S&W.

Everyone was very nice to us. Ammo prices were actually pretty comparable to Wally World on .40 S&W. The ~$2 difference would be spent in gas and the frustration of finding someone to help you in sporting goods. I have been thinking about the Taurus TCP, they have it and pretty close to Academy price. If I get a little extra cash, I would be inclined to buy from GSWGR.

With the way we were treated, the closeness to my house (~2 miles) and the pricing (~$1.50 more than Winchester or Bass Pro) I will probably be back on a more regular basis. The only reason I use Bass Pro, is I work near it and go at lunch sometimes. I would definelty pick GSWGR over Winchester.

BTW, the wife was shooting so well, an employee and another lady in the range both commented on her. 20+ years of marriage and she still rocks :)
1/9/10 CHL Class
2/2/10 Packet Sent
2/4/10 Delivery Confirmation
2/18/10 Pin Received "Processing Application"
3/4/10 Application Completed - license issued or certificate active
3/13/10 Plastic in Hand!!!

franks

Post by franks »

I got a level 2 membership and stop by atleast 1 time a week. Its the best ive been too so far and if you think there is something that needs to be changed let one of them know and it will probably be better next time you come in.

Great job guys, see yall next week

MrPaul

Post by MrPaul »

I'm glad to hear from everyone that we're meeting and beating expectations! franks is right, if we can do something to make your visits that much better just let us know... :txflag:

steve817

Post by steve817 »

I never expected to like shooting at any one place so much.
MrPaul did you get any more of your rentals guns in yet? I'm really itching to try out the PX4.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.."
-- Ronald Reagan

MrPaul

Post by MrPaul »

steve817 wrote:I never expected to like shooting at any one place so much.
MrPaul did you get any more of your rentals guns in yet? I'm really itching to try out the PX4.

You are in luck Sir, we've got the full size PX4 and the subcompact in 9mm for rent :anamatedbanana

Still waiting on about six more handguns, we've got 16 so far alongside the AK and AR right now...

mt_goodrich

Post by mt_goodrich »

Newbie on these boards and happy to see another option for a range. Will have to stop by on way home from work.

Topic author
Ropin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ropin »

Easy to get to, Andy....

You've probably guessed that I give em a thumbs up!
Class 08/08
Packet Sent 08/10
Processing app 08/31
Complete 10/21

djwdjw

Post by djwdjw »

I'll have to come by - this is probably the nearest indoor to me - no idea this was here.

DFWTT

Post by DFWTT »

Did a transfer here in Feb and was very pleased. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Didn't get to try out the range though.

Bad Idea

Post by Bad Idea »

This range is FANTASTIC! I shot there a few months ago. I liked it so much I asked for a job there. It's clean, well lit, well staffed & not at all "creepy" as my wife would say. I'd feel comfortable with her going there solo.
Really, really nice place to shoot!
Jason

Return to “Shooting Ranges”