Can this happen in US?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Can this happen in US?

Post by Oldgringo »

i8godzilla wrote:Yes, and if it does happen here, just like Egypt there is a possibility the President can shut down Internet access.
CBS On-Line wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162- ... 01465.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A controversial bill handing President Obama power over privately owned computer systems during a "national cyberemergency," and prohibiting any review by the court system, will return this year.
I remember when there was no internet and Dick Tracy was the only one with a cell phone.

Thomas

Post by Thomas »

i8godzilla wrote:Yes, and if it does happen here, just like Egypt there is a possibility the President can shut down Internet access.
CBS On-Line wrote:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162- ... 01465.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A controversial bill handing President Obama power over privately owned computer systems during a "national cyberemergency," and prohibiting any review by the court system, will return this year.
More incentive for me to get into Ham Radio. Also, Don't throw away those dial-up modems. Egypt can access the internet if they can dial out to another country.

philip964
Posts in topic: 1

Post by philip964 »

What happened I thought this was a peaceful political protest against the head of the country who seems to have stayed in office a little too long.
Now its just looting?
Well at least we can breathe a little easier as I guess the Muslim Brotherhood is not taking over Egypt, yet.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RPB »

Thomas wrote:
CBS On-Line wrote:

More incentive for me to get into Ham Radio. Also, Don't throw away those dial-up modems. Egypt can access the internet if they can dial out to another country.
I have a 5-gallon bucket full of internal modems, I guess would increase in price, just need to find a list of unsecured proxy servers.
You might like books on radio mods too, since they convert electricity to 12 volt DC internally to power radios, and batteries are easy to find when/if power goes out. Get that license, no code needed. ;-)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

Barbi Q
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Barbi Q »

Thomas wrote:More incentive for me to get into Ham Radio.
Look into packet radio while you're at it.
If anyone is raped, beaten or murdered on a college campus from this day forward
The senators who blocked SB 354 from being considered on 4/7/11 and
The members of the house calendar committee who haven't scheduled HB 750
Have the victims' blood on their hands.

Return to “Off-Topic”