January 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 27

Re: January 2011 Applications

Post by jcarp02 »

I was sure I would have mine in the mail today. Status changed to "mailed" on Tuesday. But I just went and checked it...still nothing. :mad5
Anybody else have any luck yet?

Topic author
scooter1966
Posts in topic: 17

Post by scooter1966 »

Rebel wrote: Again, what is up with you January guys, the December thread is barely moving yet you New Year guys are being issued in 20 days and under!!!! :banghead: "rlol"
I have only moved once in the past twelve years. Maybe that makes the bg check go faster? Come on, mailman!!! :hurry:

Topic author
scooter1966

Post by scooter1966 »

jcarp02 wrote:I was sure I would have mine in the mail today. Status changed to "mailed" on Tuesday. But I just went and checked it...still nothing. :mad5
My mail doesn't arrive until after 3:30 or so. I have this irrational fear that either the guy who carries the outgoing mail to wherever its picked up at has been out sick since Monday and our stuff is just sitting there on a desk or my envelope slid off the stack and is now laying behind that desk caught up in power and computer cables so it's not even visible on the floor and won't be found until they move everything to wax the floors... Sorry! I had to share my pessimism... :lol::

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 27

Post by jcarp02 »

Another day or two and it will be theories of black holes and even possibly global warming as the mail culprit. Good luck!

Rebel
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Rebel »

scooter1966 wrote:
Rebel wrote: Again, what is up with you January guys, the December thread is barely moving yet you New Year guys are being issued in 20 days and under!!!! :banghead: "rlol"
I have only moved once in the past twelve years. Maybe that makes the bg check go faster? Come on, mailman!!! :hurry:
HELLO!!!! Same address here for 13 years now, GRRRRR!!!!!!!

Obviously they threw all the "old" mail away, and started fresh with January, that must be it!!!!

heyeng
Posts in topic: 8

Post by heyeng »

heyeng wrote:Well, I will jump into the mix. I am doing a renewal.

Class Completed: 1/15
Mailed: 1/15
Received By DPS: 1/18
Online Status Available: 1/26

Waiting on fingerprints and background. Seems a little long on the fingerprints, but who knows.
I'm good through May, so not too concerned!
Guess I can stop complaining now. Prints and background check are showing green today. Status now...manufacture pending! This is SO MUCH faster than when I did the inital back in '07!!! :clapping:

Class Completed: 1/15
Mailed: 1/15
Received @ DPS: 1/18
Online Status Avail: 1/26
All Green Manufacture Pending: 1/28

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

BowhunterMac wrote:
sugar land dave wrote:Online Application - 1/9/11
:patriot: :txflag:
Hey Dave, my status just appeared today also! Mailed my packet in 1/14 just like you....keep me updated of any status changes you have and I'll do the same.
You bet! Welcome to the "hurry up and wait" party! :hurry:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

sugar land dave

Post by sugar land dave »

scooter1966 wrote: My mail doesn't arrive until after 3:30 or so. I have this irrational fear that either the guy who carries the outgoing mail to wherever its picked up at has been out sick since Monday and our stuff is just sitting there on a desk or my envelope slid off the stack and is now laying behind that desk caught up in power and computer cables so it's not even visible on the floor and won't be found until they move everything to wax the floors...
Good thinking! That's the spirit! :willynilly:
DPS Received Forms- 1/18/11 Online Status - 1/27/11 My Mailbox - 2/12/11
NRA Life Member

Shockvalue
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Shockvalue »

jcarp02 wrote:I was sure I would have mine in the mail today. Status changed to "mailed" on Tuesday. But I just went and checked it...still nothing. :mad5
Mine showed "mailed" on Tuesday too. Nothing yet.

Hope it is there today.

Poldark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Poldark »

You guys should have ticked the Pony Express box in the mailing options :thumbs2:
Term Limits, Please.

MostlyHarmless
Posts in topic: 13

Post by MostlyHarmless »

1/10 - Mailed packet to DPS by certified mail (Austin local) -- Business Day #0
1/10 - FAST fingerprints -- Business Day #0
1/14 - Status first showed on DPS website with fingerprints and background check pending -- Business Day #4
1/25 - License is manufacturing pending -- Business Day #11
1/28 - License received! -- Business Day #14

Topic author
scooter1966

Post by scooter1966 »

Poldark wrote:You guys should have ticked the Pony Express box in the mailing options :thumbs2:
Right! I tried to save a few bucks! I'm just glad I printed out my temporary card when I had the chance or I wouldn't be able to carry this whole time! :tiphat:

TheGasMan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TheGasMan »

MostlyHarmless wrote:1/10 - Mailed packet to DPS by certified mail (Austin local) -- Business Day #0
1/10 - FAST fingerprints -- Business Day #0
1/14 - Status first showed on DPS website with fingerprints and background check pending -- Business Day #4
1/25 - License is manufacturing pending -- Business Day #11
1/28 - License received! -- Business Day #14

You're killing me. Sent my stuff the same day and can't even get a status on the website.

warhorse10_9
Posts in topic: 9

Post by warhorse10_9 »

New to the forum. I have been reading but haven't posted till now.

1/3 - Mailed Packet
1/3 -Fingerprints L1 1
1/11 - Online status available
1/11 - All Green Background check under Review.

I am still waiting on the BG check.
I am wondering if it is not taking so long because I had an arrest for contact Assault FV 1.5 years ago. The case was dismissed the officers said they only took me in because if they get called to an argument someone has to go. I reported this on my app. Hope it wont take too much longer.
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)

"Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler."
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 38

Post by rmr1923 »

warhorse10_9 wrote:New to the forum. I have been reading but haven't posted till now.

1/3 - Mailed Packet
1/3 -Fingerprints L1 1
1/11 - Online status available
1/11 - All Green Background check under Review.

I am still waiting on the BG check.
I am wondering if it is not taking so long because I had an arrest for contact Assault FV 1.5 years ago. The case was dismissed the officers said they only took me in because if they get called to an argument someone has to go. I reported this on my app. Hope it wont take too much longer.
it does appear that the background checks for anyone with arrests on their record is taking a bit longer. i took my class at the end of December and mailed everything January 3rd and they're still doing the background check, and my single arrest was 11 years ago (juvenile case that was eventually dismissed and expunged from my record, making it nearly impossible for me to get court records to send in with my packet). did you get a notarized copy of the arrest report and and any documentation that might prove the charges were dismissed? if not then you may want to go ahead and do that, it may speed up the process a bit. if you weren't convicted then there's nothing to worry about, but the background check will still probably take a bit longer. the woman i talked to a couple weeks ago at the DPS said that regardless of what they find in the background check, it can still take up to 60 days.

then again there doesn't appear to be any discernible pattern to the DPS' processing of applications. there are guys with clean backgrounds that sent their stuff in December that still don't have anything, and guys that sent their packets off 2 weeks ago are getting plastic in hand already. who knows Image

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”