January 2011 Applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

BowhunterMac
Posts in topic: 7

Re: January 2011 Applications

Post by BowhunterMac »

I did my online App on 1/12 and FAST prints on 1/14 and mailed my packet same day priority. USPS shows Austin received 1/15(Sat morn). Been 12 calendar days since they received it.... Website still shows waiting to receive required materials. ??? No criminal background here, wonder why I'm getting no status info?

rmr1923
Posts in topic: 38

Post by rmr1923 »

BowhunterMac wrote:I did my online App on 1/12 and FAST prints on 1/14 and mailed my packet same day priority. USPS shows Austin received 1/15(Sat morn). Been 12 calendar days since they received it.... Website still shows waiting to receive required materials. ??? No criminal background here, wonder why I'm getting no status info?
you might send them an email to see if they received everything, same thing happened to me and the morning after i emailed them my status updated to show everything had been received. their web site hasn't always been 100% reliable. when you log in, their email address is at the bottom of the screen i believe, i've always gotten a response within a few hours.

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 27

Post by jcarp02 »

rmr- any updates on yours yet?

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

jcarp02 wrote:rmr- any updates on yours yet?
nope, latest response is "if we need anything, we'll send you a letter". i was going to go ahead and get notarized copies of my arrest report and court records and send them in, hoping to speed up the process, but ran into a little trouble with that yesterday. i called the county courthouse where the records are kept and spoke to the person who handles juvenile records (also happens to be a family friend that i've known for years) and she told me that the records are sealed and would probably require a special court order to release them. she did say that if i had a letter from the DPS stating that they need those records, that would help, but it's not very likely that i could just get them on my own prior to the DPS requesting them. looks like it's going to be quite a bit longer for me, i'd be surprised if get my CHL by March, i'm hoping April at the latest. oh well, i put off taking the course for over a year, another couple months won't hurt (unless i get mugged or something like that of course).

yours come in the mail yet?

macattac
Posts in topic: 6

Post by macattac »

Online app was filled in 1/12, class 1/15 and pakcet received at DPS on 1/20. No update on the website yet. Maybe soon.

MostlyHarmless
Posts in topic: 13

Post by MostlyHarmless »

macattac wrote:Online app was filled in 1/12, class 1/15 and pakcet received at DPS on 1/20. No update on the website yet. Maybe soon.
It was 8-9 business days before I saw any update on the website other than that my application had been received.

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 11

Post by pcgizzmo »

I just wish they would tell you if they received it. Mine still says waiting on materials and they got it on the 19th according to the postal service. I'm part of another thread where we mailed to the wrong address. Did online app and instructor gave us pre-addressed envelope and I assumed it was the right address. It wasn't the right one for the online app and I didn't double check. I assumed.

I emailed them at 1:30 today also just explaining the wrong address etc.. and wanting to know if they had it in hand. I explained I just wanted to know it made it and not trying to rush the app etc.... No response yet. If they don't get back to me tomorrow about the same time I sent the email I will give them a call.

According to some on the other thread DPS should still get it but maybe a couple of days later it seems the other address is the office to send to if your paying w/a check and sending in the paper application.

Topic author
scooter1966
Posts in topic: 17

Post by scooter1966 »

pcgizzmo wrote:Did online app and instructor gave us pre-addressed envelope and I assumed it was the right address. It wasn't the right one for the online app and I didn't double check.
I had the same address issue and just happened to catch the difference on the checklist. I feel your pain. They seem to have it together these days compared to what I've read. You probably have a lot of company. I'll bet they open a lot of packets, see the barcode and forward them to the correct department every day. Might set you back a day at most for interoffice mail. Hang in there! :patriot:

kcsen

Post by kcsen »

Finally there is something showing on my application status.
I'm not a US citizen but I have my greencard (US permanent resident). Just curious how long this will take for me.

1/14 - Applied Online
1/15 - Mailed package with First Class
1/26 - Status first showed on DPS website with
Fingerprints : Under review
Citizenship : Under review
Passport photo holder : Under review
Background Check : Under review
:hurry:

pcgizzmo
Posts in topic: 11

Post by pcgizzmo »

scooter1966 wrote:
pcgizzmo wrote:Did online app and instructor gave us pre-addressed envelope and I assumed it was the right address. It wasn't the right one for the online app and I didn't double check.
I had the same address issue and just happened to catch the difference on the checklist. I feel your pain. They seem to have it together these days compared to what I've read. You probably have a lot of company. I'll bet they open a lot of packets, see the barcode and forward them to the correct department every day. Might set you back a day at most for interoffice mail. Hang in there! :patriot:

Thanks for the cheering up. I appreciate it. This reminds me of when I was a kid and my parents were going to take me to Six Flags and I got so anxious waiting only I knew the date for Six Flags. I don't know the date I'll get my license.

BowhunterMac

Post by BowhunterMac »

Ok, I'm finally showing status on DPS website!!
Online app------1/12
FAST prints-----1/14
Mailed to DPS--1/14
Received there-1/15
Online Status---1/27; Background check in progress.

It took about 8-9 business days to appear as someone previously posted.
I'm hoping it speeds right along, we will see!

rmr1923

Post by rmr1923 »

BowhunterMac wrote:Ok, I'm finally showing status on DPS website!!
Online app------1/12
FAST prints-----1/14
Mailed to DPS--1/14
Received there-1/15

if you have a clean record then you should see something within 2-3 weeks. good luck :thumbs2:

BowhunterMac

Post by BowhunterMac »

rmr1923 wrote:
BowhunterMac wrote:Ok, I'm finally showing status on DPS website!!
Online app------1/12
FAST prints-----1/14
Mailed to DPS--1/14
Received there-1/15

if you have a clean record then you should see something within 2-3 weeks. good luck :thumbs2:

Nothing that I'm aware of, never been arrested for anything. Just speeding tickets over the years.

rescuetech
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rescuetech »

Update;

2 weeks after I started checking my status online I received a letter letting me know I could now check my status online :???: lol

jcarp02
Posts in topic: 27

Post by jcarp02 »

That's crazy. I never got one of those letters.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”