Carryng a loaded rifle in your vehicle.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rex B
Posts in topic: 5

caution

Post by Rex B »

I keep thinking about those news stories I see occasionally. You know, the ones where an incident occurs unrelated to any gun violence, the vehicle is searched for some reason and the news announcer, in a serious tone with raised eyebrows says something like "...and in the trunk were found 6 assorted rifles, including assault weapons, and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Authorities are questioning the occupants". The inference is that because one has several weapons in the car, one must be up to no good, possibly even terrorism. The police obviously headed off a hostage situation, at the very least.
Sure, I'm all for practicing all the rights afforded by our constitution and those who spilt blood to preserve it, but some personal restraint might be in order. Just something to bear in mind. How would it look if you got stopped and searched?
I'll limit my trunk cache to one or two firearms that look recreational. And pack some targets, and maybe a range receipt or two.

casselthief
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by casselthief »

yeah, you never know when The Hills Have Eyes might happen! :lol:

srsly, there's definitely a place for both.
I personally have a pistol with a 20rd mag for the truck, and my other two for carry.
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

txinvestigator
Posts in topic: 7

Re: caution

Post by txinvestigator »

Rex B wrote: Sure, I'm all for practicing all the rights afforded by our constitution and those who spilt blood to preserve it, but some personal restraint might be in order. Just something to bear in mind. How would it look if you got stopped and searched?
I'll limit my trunk cache to one or two firearms that look recreational. And pack some targets, and maybe a range receipt or two.
The odds of my doing something to get stopped are nil. The odds of a LEO having PC to search my trunk are even less.

That said, so what? I don't care how it "looks" to the police. Its not illegal, not even questionable.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”