Poll: Reasons you have not gotten a CHL?

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

If you would like to have a CHL, but haven't applied, why?

Cost ($140 initial; $70 renewal)
33%
Required class time (10hr. initial; 4 hr. renewal)
12%
Too many areas where CHL's can't carry their guns
12%
Don't know how to go about getting one
4%
Other
39%

Total votes: 275

XinTX
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Poll: Reasons you have not gotten a CHL?

Post by XinTX »

It's kind of a combination. Time and money. We (wife and I) just signed up on line through DPS as we freed up the funds. So we're finally going to take care of it as our X-mas gifts to each other. It's not that it's that expensive, it's just that other things are higher up on the priority list. But we are going to get it done here soon. The only other thing is the number of places where you can't carry. But that's another matter. I'll just choose not to do as much business with places that do the 30.06.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

RPB
Banned

Post by RPB »

None of the above.

I got the packet, ten years later I sent it in.
I did dishes in 1998 .... :oops:
I'm a procrastinator, (the comma instead of a period there is because I was going to write more here, but I'll do it later)
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

texascj

Post by texascj »

I voted "Other". Mostly due to the years I put into the Army and to quite honest I had tired of carrying a firearm. I have since revisited the error in my thinking and will soon take on the on-line application or just go to an instructor friend and have him help me out with the process and get it done. I figure with our current political and economic environment combined with rising crime rates, it would be irresponsible of me to not get licensed.

Jasonw560

Post by Jasonw560 »

It's kinda a money thing with me. Right now with Christmas and everything, needed to get that out of the way. After the new year, I get my CC paid off (I would have had the funds but for a trip to Bass Pro Shops) and I can get the fees taken care of.

I'm figuring February or so.
NRA EPL pending life member

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government"- Patrick Henry

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”