interesting stats on violent crimes.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

interesting stats on violent crimes.

Post by aaangel »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/12/20/cri ... ml?hpt=T2e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheFBI report does not give reasons for the drop in crime
I know the reason why...... off course "they" will never admit it. :fire
In the Northeast, reported homicides actually rose by 5.7%
And that's why i got to TEXAS as fast as i could. :txflag:
'got to Texas ASAIC.

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Re: interesting stats on violent crimes.

Post by chasfm11 »

criminologists have recently indicated an aging population, along with ramped-up law enforcement, have contributed to the decline in recent years.
The report shows the greatest decreases in the South and in the mid-West, were the number of concealed licenses has grown the fastest versus the Northeast where licensed carry is still severely limited or non-existent. But, of course, CC could never be factored into the equation.

I'm not sure where "ramped up enforcement" has occurred. This is not to take anything away from the LEO community but with the declining budgets, I'm not sure how ramped up anything is being accomplished. Given the growth in gang violence just about everywhere, it would be interesting to see what percentage of the the new lower numbers could be attributed to gangs. My guess would be that it is a significant amount.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Topic author
aaangel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by aaangel »

back to the drawing board... "Brady Bunch" ... :headscratch :headscratch
'got to Texas ASAIC.

BigAl1410

Post by BigAl1410 »

They don't give us the sub-categories within the broad categories.

I believe that shooting, stabbings, etc. kind of violence is up within the overall categories.

This is based on empirical evidence.

Sat. I talked to an anesthesiologist at a level 1 trauma center in Houston. He confirmed that penetrating trauma, shootings, stabbings, is way up over recent years.

The score in Houston the past week is good guys 6, bad guys .4. The shot the shop owner 4 times, but he is expected to survive.

The bad guys are just not afraid to challenge the police either.

All the more reason to have a CHL & carry.

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

Sad as it may be, but it IS true, killing criminals is the number 1 way to reduce crime, and there is no doubt in my mind that more criminals die during an attempted criminal act in carry states, than non-carry states.

When looking at crime statistics, including violent crimes, a typical criminal has committed multiple incidents before they are apprehended, and they will continue to commit crimes until they are either A.) DEAD or B.) Too old to commit crimes. Every killed criminal results in the prevention of multiple future crimes, and even saved lives. Based on statistics alone, criminals LAWFULLY (note the emphasis on that word) killed during the commission of their crimes prevents future crimes, saves tax payer dollars, and IMO, is better for the law abiding society as a whole.
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Return to “Off-Topic”