AMC tactic/campaign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 2

Re: AMC tactic/campaign

Post by Purplehood »

dnuggett wrote:I have been a long time reader, but just signed up today. I won't bore y'all with my affiliations and such but let's just say I am committed to doing my part to protect our Second Amendment rights. That said I love the idea of collecting receipts from other area theaters that we visit instead of AMC. Here is what I will do:

If all of you will send me the receipts showing your theater purchases including tickets and concessions I will collect them for 6 months. Once that 6 months is up I will send them all to AMC headquarters along with a letter.

If you all agree please send them to:

DWE
2140 Hall Johnson Rd
Suite 102-303
Grapevine Tx 76051

Mods- can we sticky this? Or I can start a new thread to sticky.
Maybe we could each handwrite on each ticket "2A Friendly" in our own writing so that the AMC folks know that DNUGGETT isn't the only one collecting them and sending them.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

dnuggett
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dnuggett »

Good idea. In the letter I will describe what we did, with the numbers of people behind it so they will see. I am hoping we get a big enough response to where there is no way they could believe this is just one person.

dnuggett

Post by dnuggett »

In fact to do this thing right I will start a new thread tonight with the details, and hopefully a mod will sticky it. I'm on a phone now and it's a lot to type without making mistakes.

In the mean time, is anyone behind me on this? I like the idea of saving them up and hitting them all at once.

Katygunnut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Katygunnut »

dnuggett wrote:In fact to do this thing right I will start a new thread tonight with the details, and hopefully a mod will sticky it. I'm on a phone now and it's a lot to type without making mistakes.

In the mean time, is anyone behind me on this? I like the idea of saving them up and hitting them all at once.
Count me in. Just tell me where to send the ticket stubs.

dnuggett

Post by dnuggett »

Bad news. I can't collect the receipts and send the letter due to a business relationship my company has with AMC. Sorry to have jumped the gun.

geoelectro
Posts in topic: 1

Post by geoelectro »

I just went to the AMC Gulf Pointe 30 tonight and it wasn't posted. I ask the guard about it and he said that it used to be posted but that the signs have come down and they don't consider it posted anymore.

Geoelectro
Glock 19
Taurus PT 917c

NRA Member
CHL Holder

Topic author
terryg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by terryg »

dnuggett wrote:Bad news. I can't collect the receipts and send the letter due to a business relationship my company has with AMC. Sorry to have jumped the gun.
I appreciate your efforts anyway.

However, I am still pretty convinced that a steady trickle would be just as effective, perhaps even more so, than a single large collection. Anytime someone writes a letter or calls a business or a politician, etc - it always represents a larger group of customers. I read a statistic one time about how many 'constituents' a single call represented to a congressman or senator. Now that number will be different to a business and, of course, even different to a national, statewide, or local business.

We can't know how many people they will scale it up to represent, but it will be more than just one. So if they continue to get a steady stream, or even just a trickle, from cities around Texas - it will mean something to them. It would be a continual reminder.
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”