First LEO stop.... ever

Most CHL/LEO contacts are positive, how about yours? Bloopers are fun, but no names please, if it will cause a LEO problems!

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
techalum
Posts in topic: 1

First LEO stop.... ever

Post by techalum »

I got pulled over by the Dallas Police today. I received a citation for making a right turn at a red light without stopping. The only problem I have with that is that I came to a complete stop. But I digress. I had my .40 cal in the glove box. When I pulled over, I had my DL, CHL and insurance in my hand with the window rolled down. I gave the officer all of the documents and he immediately handed back my CHL and insurace card saying he only needed my license. Before he went back to his car he asked me if I had my weapon with me and if so, where was it located. I informed him that it was in my glove box. The officer said, "Great!" Then he went back and wrote the citation. I was in and out in 5 minutes. He was extremely friendly and I was shocked that he didn't have any reaction to the fact I had a weapon. Especially since this was off of Webb Chapel and Forest Lane. He told me to have nice day and we departed. Although I might have been in the wrong with my right turn, it was a very courteous stop.

Hats off to DPD for the great experience (minus the ticket, of course)
:tiphat:
6/24/2010 Online application completed
710/2010 Course completed
7/12/2010 Required documents on checklist mailed
7/15/2010 Status avalable on website
7/29/2010: Fingerprint Check completed
8/13/2010: Background Check completed
8/18/2010: MAILED!
8/21/2010: PLASTIC!

Rex B

Re: First LEO stop.... ever

Post by Rex B »

Hard to have a nice day with a fresh ticket in your wallet, eh? :grumble
-----------
“Sometimes there is no alternative to uncertainty except to await the arrival of more and better data.” C. Wunsch

jbirds1210

Post by jbirds1210 »

I am glad the officer was courteous. Remember the little speech he gave you before signing the citation? You are not guilty of a crime, just in agreement to contact the court and set up a date. Good luck.

Jason
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

"No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child."

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

techalum wrote:I got pulled over by the Dallas Police today. I received a citation for making a right turn at a red light without stopping. The only problem I have with that is that I came to a complete stop.
Never been stopped that it wasn't stressful but some cops make it easier than other, some make it harder than it needs to be. Glad yours went smooth.

Did you make that complete stop before you crossed the stop line? Lots of people mess that up turning right on red because they have to pull out far enough to see. But if you don't stop before crossing the stop line it's just like running straight through the red light.

PappaGun

Post by PappaGun »

techalum wrote:... The only problem I have with that is that I came to a complete stop.... Although I might have been in the wrong with my right turn...
I dunno. Seems a little inconsistent.
"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed, as they are in almost every country in Europe."
- Noah Webster

"All we ask for is registration, just like we do for cars."
- Charles Schumer

fannypacker

Post by fannypacker »

My question to you is why in the glove box? You don't need a license to carry there. Mine is always on my body.

getamap

Post by getamap »

PappaGun wrote:
techalum wrote:... The only problem I have with that is that I came to a complete stop.... Although I might have been in the wrong with my right turn...
Perhaps it was for failure to stop at proper place? (white stop line painted on roadway)
-Mike

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

getamap wrote:
PappaGun wrote:
Perhaps it was for failure to stop at proper place? (white stop line painted on roadway)

If there is a line.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Return to “LEO Contacts & Bloopers”