Sept. 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

2crazy2carry
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Sept. 2010 applications

Post by 2crazy2carry »

Yeah I agree. Is it really that hard to do them in order. So because I went to college a few years ago and my background check list is a bit longer I lose my rights to a "fair turn" and have to sit out til someone feels like getting to the "hassle" that is my app?

Thought we were a "Shall issue" state meaning unless Im a con i get a ticket to paradise. lol unless it inconveineces one of the workers?

Yeesh :totap: :grumble :mad5 :banghead:
9/05/10 - CHL Class Taken
9/25/10 - Package mailed to DPS
10/15/10 - Information put in DPS system
10/15/10 - Fingerprints under review
10/15/10 - Background Check under review
11/14/10 – BGC and finger prints cleared
11/14/10 - mailed - FINALLY :deadhorse:
11/18/10 - Plasteek in my shaking hands

randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 21

Post by randomoutburst »

2crazy2carry wrote:Yeah I agree. Is it really that hard to do them in order. So because I went to college a few years ago and my background check list is a bit longer I lose my rights to a "fair turn" and have to sit out til someone feels like getting to the "hassle" that is my app?

Thought we were a "Shall issue" state meaning unless Im a con i get a ticket to paradise. lol unless it inconveineces one of the workers?

Yeesh :totap: :grumble :mad5 :banghead:
I don't know that you'll have to wait too much longer than everyone else. I don't think they get done "in order", but there must be some method to the madness. Just because you have a longer bg check doesn't mean it gets tossed to the side...it just takes longer to do the check! ;-)

It makes me wonder how many applicants they actually have, though...my hubby applied for a job with the local PD and it took them about a week to get his bg check done...and his is nearly spotless - just one speeding ticket, and that's the only thing they'll find. If it takes that longer to find out, in essence, "nothing", then how much longer does it take to find "something"?

2crazy2carry

Post by 2crazy2carry »

I called today.

My app has gone to a technician to "verify that user submitted info is not disqualifying". I asked what that means and that my record was in compliance with the rules for getting a CHL and he said it was standard procedure when an applicants submits something that is not in the state system. I am pretty sure its a misdormeanor charge that was dismissed at trial by the judge. I have a clean record but I guess this improper arrest, even in which the officer was fired from the department for making 3 similarly bad arrests including mine that were all dismissed by 3 seperate judges, is going to follow me for the rest of my life.

I now think that since the arrest and charges were dismissed that I should just have omitted it from the app. I dont care if it says to list them. Apparently its not a valid charge and I am concerned that rather then being a county arrest without a following conviction and I now have submitted that to the state, that now this arrest is going to be a matter of state record where if I had not applied for a chl it would never have been info the state had on my file. :rules:

Anyways I guess I am in the "declinated character" bin. :tiphat:

Nothing I can do but wait for them to figure out what happened and get the app passed

safety1
Posts in topic: 5

Post by safety1 »

Renewal wait........ :willynilly:
Last edited by safety1 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

sekonjim
Posts in topic: 17

Post by sekonjim »

PLASTIC!!!!! :woohoo
My CHL APP Experience
08/14 -- Online Application Completed
08/29 -- CHL Class
09/01 -- Package received at DPS
09/14 -- Fingerprints/Background under Review
10/06 -- Fingerprints Complete
10/21 -- Background Complete
10/22 -- Manufacturing
10/26 -- Mailed
10/28 -- Plastic in hand

teddy salad
Posts in topic: 1

Post by teddy salad »

2crazy2carry wrote:...
I now think that since the arrest and charges were dismissed that I should just have omitted it from the app.
Nothing I can do but wait for them to figure out what happened and get the app passed
Did you send the official disposition or "judgement and sentencing" document? I had a similar dismissed case - it did not show on most background checks - and I got a notarized document from the Clerk of Court which showed it was dismissed. My BGC went just as fast as the group I applied with (about 9 days). On the other hand a friend who had applied 6 months earlier had a similar situation, and he did not supply the official disposition. His BGC ended up taking nearly 7 weeks because DPS had to order the disposition themselves.

Per their FAQ:
"If your criminal history background check indicates an arrest but does not reveal a final disposition, DPS might have to check local records which is time consuming and could significantly delay your application. Always indicate the year, the offense, the location, the outcome and preferably the level of the offense, such as felony, Class B misdemeanor, etc. Attaching copies of the dispositions will help DPS process your application more quickly."

So long story short, it may take longer but eventually they'll get the documentation and your BGC will be completed. Hang in there!

cableguy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cableguy »

2crazy2carry wrote:I called today.

My app has gone to a technician to "verify that user submitted info is not disqualifying". I asked what that means and that my record was in compliance with the rules for getting a CHL and he said it was standard procedure when an applicants submits something that is not in the state system. I am pretty sure its a misdormeanor charge that was dismissed at trial by the judge. I have a clean record but I guess this improper arrest, even in which the officer was fired from the department for making 3 similarly bad arrests including mine that were all dismissed by 3 seperate judges, is going to follow me for the rest of my life.

I now think that since the arrest and charges were dismissed that I should just have omitted it from the app. I dont care if it says to list them. Apparently its not a valid charge and I am concerned that rather then being a county arrest without a following conviction and I now have submitted that to the state, that now this arrest is going to be a matter of state record where if I had not applied for a chl it would never have been info the state had on my file. :rules:

Anyways I guess I am in the "declinated character" bin. :tiphat:

I listed an arrest that happened when I was 14. I wrote down everything I remembered about it and that it was dismissed. I received a letter from DPS stating that I needed to send them a certified copy of judgment and sentencing. The reason I am mentioning this is because at one time I called them they told me the same thing they told you and nothing else, a couple of days letter I received the notice. If I were you I would be preparing myself for the letter. IF you get this letter you can fax them the information they requested but you have to call them and make sure they check the fax machine for it. Look at my signature and you will see that this has been a very long experience for me and just giving you a heads up as to what MIGHT happen. good luck and i hope you get your plastic real soon.
5/22 online app.
6/26 chl class
6/28 packet sent certified mail
6/30 packet recieved
7/24 online update
8/03 F.P. complete
08/14 resent new photos
08/24 photos green(received)
9/17 Still waiting
10/20 Background Check Complete
10/26 MAILED!!!!
10/29 PIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Sekonjim
Mine and yours maild the same days.
Last edited by safety1 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

sekonjim
Posts in topic: 17

Post by sekonjim »

safety1 wrote:Sekonjim
Mine and yours maild the same days. Where do you live from Austin.
I'm just east of the DFW area and I hav enot seen it yet...Maybe tommrow.
I live not too many miles from the DPS Headquarters here in the Austin area so it was one day delivery for me. The letter was postmarked 10/27 (yesterday) so I suspect you might get yours tomorrow or Saturday depending on how far out you are from Dallas and if your are rural. I hope it shows tomorrow! Good luck!
My CHL APP Experience
08/14 -- Online Application Completed
08/29 -- CHL Class
09/01 -- Package received at DPS
09/14 -- Fingerprints/Background under Review
10/06 -- Fingerprints Complete
10/21 -- Background Complete
10/22 -- Manufacturing
10/26 -- Mailed
10/28 -- Plastic in hand

safety1

Post by safety1 »

It should be tommrow, thanks for the feed back. Take care and be safe out there.
NRA - Life Member

cableguy

Post by cableguy »

Safety1 hopefully I will also get mine in tomorrow, after waiting for so long these couple of days waiting for the mailman seem like the longest.
5/22 online app.
6/26 chl class
6/28 packet sent certified mail
6/30 packet recieved
7/24 online update
8/03 F.P. complete
08/14 resent new photos
08/24 photos green(received)
9/17 Still waiting
10/20 Background Check Complete
10/26 MAILED!!!!
10/29 PIH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

safety1

Post by safety1 »

Man you have been waiting for awhile.
Last edited by safety1 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA - Life Member

2crazy2carry

Post by 2crazy2carry »

That is some sure interesting information you guys gave.

So basically honesty is punished and if I would just not have listed things I would have gone right through.

Thats ok. If they send it back I am going to tell them I was mistaken and I was never arrested and never charged to the best of my knowledge. Then i will send it back and let them figure it out. I dont care if it takes a year if thats how they want to play it. If lazy is their angle I will make' em work for their $140. I mean what am I paying all this admin fees for in the first place. I can deal with them having to research and that taking time, but lazy and just not wanting to work to get the info and making me have to send more stuff is a bit much.

"rlol" Ok I feel better after that. Now I will jsut wait for the damn packet and send it back modified to omit the charges. See what happens then.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

I posted this in "October" Since I turned my renewal application in..in late Sept. I thought I would share here also.

33 Days mail box to mail box. Great turn around!!!

I'm outta here! Take care...Be Safe!
Last edited by safety1 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA - Life Member

RailRider

Post by RailRider »

It's here, time for a Wally Walk. 38 days from my mailbox to dps and plastic in my hands. Not too bad!!!! :txflag: :cheers2: :txflag:

on line application---------- 09/16/10
chl class---------------------- 09/18/10
packet mailed--------------- 09/21/10
under review---------------- 10/02/10
fingerprints complete------ 10/10/10
background check---------- 10/20/10
manufacturing pending---- 10/20/10
mailed----------------------- 10/26/10
plastic in hand-------------- 10/29/10
:party: :party:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”