"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

DangerJ
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by DangerJ »

Got my plastic today.... so that was faster than I expected.

USA1
Posts in topic: 55

Post by USA1 »

DangerJ wrote:Got my plastic today.... so that was faster than I expected.
Congratulations!

Be safe. :txflag:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

RailRider
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RailRider »

My status is available on line now.

on line application 09/16/10
chl class 09/18/10
packet mailed 09/21/10
under review 10/02/10

2up1down
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2up1down »

Well today was much anticipated and a little unsettling.

I was very lucky on both counts I believe.

It only took from 08/02/10 – 10/02/10 from mailing all of my documents,
(certified mail, in a moisture resistant, bubble pack, high security document mailer)
when the postal clerk ask me if I wanted to insure it, I actually laughed.
How could you secure so much personal information, every identifier from DOB, TDL, SSN, Military service, photos, fingerprints,,, I simply said “No Ma’am, there is no amount of money that can cover the contents.”

I took great care and consideration to follow all the rules and insure that the information that the State needed to process my CHL was complete and safely delivered to the requesting authority.

I was horribly disappointed when my CHL with my NAME, ADDRESS, DOB, TDL#, PHOTO and Signature arrived in my mailbox in an envelope that was barely sealed with a small piece of tape (gum on the envelope not even fastened), simply placed in a single piece of card stock, allowing anyone who would handle it or attempt to extract it from a mailbox to readily identify it from the return address and the feel of the envelope as some type of ID.

Come on, State of Texas; do not let your great wisdom outsmart your common sense. Before you attempt to flame me or call me over sensitive, I spent many years after the MP Corps, investigating and initiating prosecution of identity theft and fraud, well before it became the norm, which it is now a days.

My request to the State is simple. Show the same consideration and forethought that most of us do in this process.
SEAL YOUR ENVELOP AND PAD IT WITH A “WRAP AROUND” LETTER maybe saying
“Thank you for your patience, we are proud to enable you to exercise your 2nd amendment rights, not only protecting yourself, but ensuring that the good citizens of Texas may live their lives in peace also, as our founding father’s intended.” (TO HELP DISGUISE THE FACT THAT THERE IS A SMALL ID CARD CONTAINED.)

I am simply pleased that during the trip from Austin to the Piney Woods, that my license and information didn’t fall out of an unsecured envelope and into the wrong hands.

May the Constitution of The United States of America, be followed and defended.
Become a Student of the Law we live under and proficient in the protection of yourself: so you may protect your Family, State and way of Live. Awareness is your first defense, avoidance your first tactic. If engagement is forced, Stop when the threat is gone.

TexasTom
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TexasTom »

New to the forum and wanted to add my timeline.

Applied online on 08/7/10
Completed class on 08/14/10
Mailed paperwork on 08/17/10
Online status on 09/02/10
Manufacture pending 09/23/10
Plastic in hand on 10/01/10

Haven't carried yet, but I'm sure the time will come. :thumbs2:

puma guy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by puma guy »

TexasTom wrote:New to the forum and wanted to add my timeline.

Applied online on 08/7/10
Completed class on 08/14/10
Mailed paperwork on 08/17/10
Online status on 09/02/10
Manufacture pending 09/23/10
Plastic in hand on 10/01/10

Haven't carried yet, but I'm sure the time will come. :thumbs2:
Congratulations and Wecome!
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

dgindrup

Post by dgindrup »

im still stuck on background check under review
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO

08/28/10 - CHL Class Taken
09/07/10 - Package mailed to DPS
09/09/10 - Package received by DPS
09/29/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/08/10 - Background Check updated
10/16/10 - Plastic mailed
10/21/10- Plastic in hand

chrisansilver

Post by chrisansilver »

My experience with the process has been enjoyable, well somewhat :smilelol5: mine moved fairly quick and really didnt pay alot of attention to the time. I kept my self busy here on the forum reading and learning. I am on my last hurdle :hurry: showed mailed as of 10-1-10 this to me has been the worst part of the wait, not stalking the mailman yet but if not here tomorrow Tuesday 10-5-10 might have to think about it. :biggrinjester:
Not the fastest time but certainly good, if it shows up tomorrow it will be a total of 35 days from mailbox to mailbox. :thumbs2:
My CHL Application.
08-28-10 -- CHL class
09-01-10 -- Application mailed to DPS
09-03-10 -- Received at DPS
09-15-10 -- Information available Processing app
09-23-10--Fingerprints complete
09-24-10-- Background complete
09-24-10-- Manufacturing Pending
10-01-10-- Mailed
10-08-10-- Plastic in hand

TxSheepdog
Posts in topic: 6

Post by TxSheepdog »

Hooray, fingerprints complete. Finally moving forward again.
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

I never thought I would be this "obsessed" with this whole process, and while patience is a virtue it is not one of mine :nono:

I am trying to be as obnoxious as possible for my husbands sake, and thought I could better prepare myself by posing a question. We have lived in our current county for 4 years, and so there will be 2 counties checked. Our previous residence was 17 years... thus my question...

Anyone have any experiences with multi county checks?

Feelin' like a kid at Christmas waiting for my husbands holster to come in so I can try it out, and as a complete and total control freak trying to be perfectly :coolgleamA: about stuff that is entirely out of my control! :waiting:

Thanks for educating and entertaining me while I wait!
DA
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

DangerJ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DangerJ »

Divided Attention wrote:I never thought I would be this "obsessed" with this whole process, and while patience is a virtue it is not one of mine :nono:

I am trying to be as obnoxious as possible for my husbands sake, and thought I could better prepare myself by posing a question. We have lived in our current county for 4 years, and so there will be 2 counties checked. Our previous residence was 17 years... thus my question...

Anyone have any experiences with multi county checks?

Feelin' like a kid at Christmas waiting for my husbands holster to come in so I can try it out, and as a complete and total control freak trying to be perfectly :coolgleamA: about stuff that is entirely out of my control! :waiting:

Thanks for educating and entertaining me while I wait!
DA
I agree...the anticipation is overwhelming. In fact when I got mine last friday I was super excited and then just felt.... OK... that's over... and the feeling was gone. It's like that feeling you get the day after Christmas. Anyway, I was also wondering why it only took about 31 days to get my license when I see others on this forum waiting several months. And I came to the conclusion that perhaps it is the fact that some have moved more than I. I have only lived in two counties. Grew up in one for 23 yrs and moved to my current residence and have been here 12yrs. So there are only two counties to check.
On a good note, I did find something else to be excited about... crossbreed holster PLEASE show up in my mailbox soon!!!!! ;)

dgindrup

Post by dgindrup »

Ive only lived in 1 county my entire life.. yet, im going on nearly 10 days since my Fingerprints were accepted.. now, the only thing standing in my way is background check..
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO

08/28/10 - CHL Class Taken
09/07/10 - Package mailed to DPS
09/09/10 - Package received by DPS
09/29/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/08/10 - Background Check updated
10/16/10 - Plastic mailed
10/21/10- Plastic in hand

TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

Woohoo! That was quick. Manufacture pending. I could have plastic by early next week since Austin is only 1 day by mail. :hurry:
"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace."- Thomas Paine

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music." - Friedrich Nietzsche

RailRider
Posts in topic: 7

Post by RailRider »

Finally an update, fingerprints complete, now just waiting on background check.

on line application 09/16/10
chl class 09/18/10
packet mailed 09/21/10
under review 10/02/10
fingerprints complete 10/10/10

TxSheepdog

Post by TxSheepdog »

Grrr... Monday is a POSTAL holiday... I still have to work.. :grumble

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”