Multiple Campus-Carry Polls

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Multiple Campus-Carry Polls

Post by Dragonfighter »

xdfanatic wrote:Thank you for posting this, I am completely in favor of Concealed Carry on Campus. I personally do not feel safe on my campus without my weapon, so I voted for carrying on campus in all of the poles. I think responsible students and faculty carrying on campus would make school a much safer place. :patriot:
As has been alluded to already, we can send a seventeen year old into a hostile country, give him a rifle, sidearm, explosives and an armored vehicle. In WWII we asked 18 and 19 year old kids to fly multiengine bombers into flak filled skies. But put 'em on a school campus and look out! They'll run around waving there guns in the air, carry while drunk and all sorts of mischief will ensue. Give me a break.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Purplehood »

I noticed that the following link was the only one that had the first possible response as "No".

http://www.590klbj.com/MorningShow/Home.aspx
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Diesel42

Post by Diesel42 »

What Hoi Polloi said... x2
Happy Trails! N

Hoi Polloi wrote:
The reasons college and university campuses should not be excluded places include practical, legal, and statistical concerns:
-That most universities in this state are state-owned. The same government that vets and certifies that you are sane, safe, and competent to carry including to assess when it is appropriate to draw and shoot all of a sudden says that you can't be trusted on their college campus. Why? They don't have any facts or evidence--just fuzzy emotions and unfounded fears.
-They are restricting your constitutional rights for no reason. They are actually working against the common good as well as your individual good in doing so. There is no compelling reason to deny you this right.
-They are making you and the rest of the college less safe by advertising that it is a gun-free zone to criminals.
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

dicion

Post by dicion »

The wording of these polls makes me :mad5

"Should College Students be able to carry Concealed Handguns on Campus?"

Is a HORRIBLY Worded poll question.... it makes it seem like theyre asking if any college student who feels like it, should be able to grab a gun, and carry it.

A PROPER question would be,

"Should College Students & Teachers aged 21 and over, who are trained in Weapons Carry laws, Use of Force Statutes, and Conflict resolution, who have passed a full State and FBI Background check and are licensed by the state, be allowed to carry handguns on Campus?"

The WORDING matters people.... these news organizations are intentionally making it sound like we want 18 year old, drunken fratboys carrying guns around campus in one hand, and a beer in the other :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Voted in all - and we are convincingly ahead in all polls. However, the http://www.kbtx.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; poll is nowhere to be found.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Dragonfighter
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dragonfighter »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Voted in all - and we are convincingly ahead in all polls. However, the http://www.kbtx.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; poll is nowhere to be found.
Must've been going the "wrong" way :mrgreen:
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

wally775

Post by wally775 »

Ditto the two previous posts

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hoi Polloi »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Voted in all - and we are convincingly ahead in all polls. However, the http://www.kbtx.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; poll is nowhere to be found.
Here's the archived poll.
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

psehorne

Post by psehorne »

ABC poll now at 62% for, 35% against
Paul

Springfield XD(M )9
Springfield XDsc9
Kel Tec PF9

09/16/2009: USPS Delivered Application, 11:52 am, AUSTIN
10/09/2009: Received Pin # in the mail, status 'processing application'