Sept. 2010 applications

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 9

Re: Sept. 2010 applications

Post by olafpfj »

dgindrup wrote:
olafpfj wrote:I take it the red boxed text stating "you are not eligible for any services at this time. This could be due to etc..." means that they haven't yet processed anything and not that there is any problem per se?

Coming up on 2 weeks since I mailed the class paperwork which has been mailed and received. Did the apps online before I took the class.

I really didn't think the wait was going to get me this antsy...wow :lol::
if it were me, i would take that as you arent eligible for a CHL at this time for whatever reason..

I never saw anything like that even before they started processing my application
It says "This may be due to an application in progress". So this is not the standard greeting everyone gets before your status is updated I gather. I think I will give them a call on Monday. There is no reason I shouldn't be eligible and my background is immaculate. So no one else has gotten that text when they login?
Last edited by olafpfj on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

sar05
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sar05 »

I just sent my packet out today - certified mail. I took the class in November :oops: but money and time got away from me and getting my CHL was the last thing on my mind. Now it's all I can think about and I know I've got a LONG wait ahead of me.
Gun control means being able to hit your target. If I have a 'hot button' issue, this is definitely it. Don't even think about taking my guns. My rights are not negotiable, and I am totally unwilling to compromise when it comes to the Second Amendment. - Michael Badnarik
www.familydoghouse.com

FullQuiver
Posts in topic: 4

Post by FullQuiver »

New to CHL and new to the forum. Application submitted online and supporting documents mailed Thursday, 23-Sep.

In the meantime, I'm still working on getting a gun ... money, figuring out what to get, etc. :cool:

olafpfj
Posts in topic: 9

Post by olafpfj »

Has anyone gotten this message when they login?
Attachments
CHL-screen.gif
"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law." -Winston Churchill

chrisansilver
Posts in topic: 18

Post by chrisansilver »

:anamatedbanana Well I have not checked in a few days so just logged in today to check and wow shocked me, fingerprints and background complete. :thewave

Manufacturing pending :woohoo

21 days since DPS showed received :patriot: very pleased

Now I can order my supertuck
My CHL Application.
08-28-10 -- CHL class
09-01-10 -- Application mailed to DPS
09-03-10 -- Received at DPS
09-15-10 -- Information available Processing app
09-23-10--Fingerprints complete
09-24-10-- Background complete
09-24-10-- Manufacturing Pending
10-01-10-- Mailed
10-08-10-- Plastic in hand

chrisansilver

Post by chrisansilver »

chrisansilver wrote::anamatedbanana Well I have not checked in a few days so just logged in today to check and wow shocked me, fingerprints and background complete. :thewave

Manufacturing pending :woohoo

21 days since DPS showed received :patriot: very pleased

Now I can order my supertuck
Supertuck is ordered, I knew that I should have ordered earlier :banghead:
My CHL Application.
08-28-10 -- CHL class
10-01-10-- Mailed

randomoutburst
Posts in topic: 21

Post by randomoutburst »

I just checked my status (out of habit, really) and my fingerprints have changed to complete! They were pending yesterday...

So now all I'm waiting on is my background check to clear. Could I really be getting my CHL sooner than I anticipated? I don't want to jinx it. Quick, where's some wood I can knock on??

chrisansilver

Post by chrisansilver »

randomoutburst,

Maybe September will be known for rather quick processing month, yours and mine are simular as far as the processing times. The only thing I am worried about is that my license will arrive before my supertuck, but in all thats not a bad thing. :thumbs2:
My CHL Application.
08-28-10 -- CHL class
10-01-10-- Mailed

randomoutburst

Post by randomoutburst »

Yep, I'm not too far behind you. I do hope I get my plastic ASAP...I already have my holster and my gun. Once I get my plastic, my gun will be able to accompany me OUTSIDE of my home and vehicle. Awesome.

Hey, even if you get your plastic before your SuperTuck, you can always go out and buy an all-purpose fanny pack! ;-)

chrisansilver

Post by chrisansilver »

Yes there are sveral other options besides the supertuck, I have one IWB holster and have carried around the house to see what clothes work well, no printing issues. I just prefer something more stable with good support.
I just need the supertuck here before trip to Denver Colorado is here on the 7th of October, not going to happen by then I am sure just ordered yesterday. Heck I'm hoping plastic is here by the 7th, should be will just have to wait and see.
My CHL Application.
08-28-10 -- CHL class
10-01-10-- Mailed

xdfanatic
Posts in topic: 2

Post by xdfanatic »

Just wondering if anyone has an idea as to how long it actually has been taking DPS to mail the CHL from when the online status says mailed. My fiance's CHL has been "supposedly" mailed for about a week or so now, I am beginning to wonder if they have the right address. We changed our address during her processing time but DPS said they updated the address via email. I guess I will have to contact them but if anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated. Also my address change on my CHL only took 35 days from being sent off to receiving.
Xd
OIF OEF Veteran
SA XD .45 Service, SA XD .40 SC, SA XD .45 Tactical Custom, S & W 22A, Ruger 10/22, Mossberg 500A, Remington 870 Super Mag,Colt AR-15 M4 setup

randomoutburst

Post by randomoutburst »

xdfanatic - Last year we moved right after receiving my hubby's CHL in the mail. Only took them 2 weeks to replace his CHL, versus 5 weeks for his DL.

Since you changed your address during the processing, it's possible that it wasn't changed as indicated. Contact them if it hasn't arrived in the mail tomorrow. If you can contact whoever now lives at your old address, they may have gotten it, so at least you won't be wondering where the license is or worrying about it floating around.

I'm sure that they can get your fiancé a new one quickly, if the old was indeed sent to the incorrect address. Best of luck, and let us know what happens. :-)

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Divided Attention mailed our checklists and supporting documents today, so I guess we have officially joined the ranks of those waiting... We applied OnLine and did not have to send the complete packet in. We'll let you know how long it takes as we find out. In the interim, getting the pieces together for a successful lifestyle change -- carry guns, holsters, more SD ammo and car safes for the vehicles. Primary EDC guns are already sourced, but looking for backup/deep concealment/pocket guns. Currently looking at the M-TAC as far as holster is concerned for the primary for me (maybe also for DA).
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

dgindrup
Posts in topic: 30

Post by dgindrup »

randomoutburst,

our CHL packets were received by the DPS on the same day (09-09) I would be interested to see the difference between the two of us in regards to when we get our plastic in hand. I think our status is the same as of today..

let me know when you get yours..... and ill let you know when I get mine.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO

08/28/10 - CHL Class Taken
09/07/10 - Package mailed to DPS
09/09/10 - Package received by DPS
09/29/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/08/10 - Background Check updated
10/16/10 - Plastic mailed
10/21/10- Plastic in hand

dgindrup
Posts in topic: 30

Post by dgindrup »

olafpfj wrote:Image
Has anyone gotten this message when they login?
did you apply online?? or did you send in a paper application??
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO

08/28/10 - CHL Class Taken
09/07/10 - Package mailed to DPS
09/09/10 - Package received by DPS
09/29/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/08/10 - Background Check updated
10/16/10 - Plastic mailed
10/21/10- Plastic in hand

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”