Short video on how to disarm a gun armed attacker

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 1

Short video on how to disarm a gun armed attacker

Post by Paladin »

KRAV-MAGA technique to disarm an attacker. It is quite similar to what I learned in class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHH_svD ... ed&search=

Practice is always a good idea, but please don't practice this with real weapons. I practice only with unloaded airsoft guns or rubber guns.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

KinnyLee

Re: Short video on how to disarm a gun armed attacker

Post by KinnyLee »

Paladin wrote:KRAV-MAGA technique to disarm an attacker. It is quite similar to what I learned in class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHH_svD ... ed&search=

Practice is always a good idea, but please don't practice this with real weapons. I practice only with unloaded airsoft guns or rubber guns.
Paladin. Where do you take your Krav classes? I've been going to the one in Houston, and it's quite a drive. Hehe. I love my Krav classes though. :grin:

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not think you can watch these techniques on video and be able to do them without getting yourself shot.......everyone.

New students always get "shot" the first few times they practice these techniques.

I should also stress that these techniques should never be attempted with trepidation or hesitation. They must be committed to 100% and done at full force.
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Totally!!! :iagree:

Is nobody as fast as Jackie Chan...

And real life does not have a "script" and a director to call "cut!"
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

Good thing I paid extra for the trunk monkey feature on my new car. I push the button and out he comes with a tire iron to take care of things. I won't be grabbing a gun like that, I am not trained or practiced in those type of moves. I pray that I never find myself in that position.
However I do feel like I could shoot before it got to that point. I guess I better start looking for some KM classes in my area. :oops:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 3

Post by stevie_d_64 »

"Trunk Monkey" :smilelol5:

...made my day!!!
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

I love the "Trunk Monkey" feature, it's well worth the smell!!!!
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Okay; I'm gettin' way off topic here, but...

Does anyone know where I can download some (or all) of the "trunk monkey" vids? We do "safety moments" at the start of meetings at work, and I'd love to pull up one of those. Which means I'd need to actually download the file, not link to it at YouTube, for example.

Thanks in advance! And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Will938

Post by Will938 »

I'm sure you can find all of them at http://www.youtube.com

Syntax360

Post by Syntax360 »

Excellent video! Thanks for sharing.

dihappy

Post by dihappy »

Great Vid!

Just remember not to draw your weapon on any BG's at such a close range...they may know Krav Maga :P

Boma

Post by Boma »

That is a good video. It is very similar to what they thought us in karate. You have to practice it like txinvestigator said. There's no point in going for your gun if they're that close to you =)

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

txinvestigator wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not think you can watch these techniques on video and be able to do them without getting yourself shot.......everyone.

New students always get "shot" the first few times they practice these techniques.

I should also stress that these techniques should never be attempted with trepidation or hesitation. They must be committed to 100% and done at full force.

Excellent advice.

Gun disarms are very risky. They require total commitment when "attempted"...and I would certainly choose my techniques with great care.

There are hundreds of techniques being taught that are virtually guaranteed to get you shot. In fact, there are aspects of Krav-Maga that I really dislike, but I'm sure the practicality of the technique(s) would vary with the source.

When you consider that your attacker (in most cases) only needs to move his finger 1/4"-3/4" to shoot you, (before you can execute your "Special Forces Kung-Fu Never Revealed To The Public Before" move) then things begin to take on some perspective.

You'll want to be sure that the technique gets you off line, controls the weapon (not the limb), and can be performed realistically.. with consideration to your own physical constraints. In other words: What works well for a 20 yr. old Israeli soldier might not "cut the mustard" for you or me.

I suspect more than a few of us no longer possess those "cat like reflexes" we had in our youth.

Just food for thought.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Pickpocket
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pickpocket »

txinvestigator wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not think you can watch these techniques on video and be able to do them without getting yourself shot.......everyone.

Yup. txinvestigator is spot on.

Not only do new students usually get "shot", but they usually forget what to do after the initial movement and they almost always screw up the actual disarm if they do remember.

Amen to the 100% committment and ZERO hesitation.
Not all who own musical instruments are musicians.

lrb111

Post by lrb111 »

Skiprr wrote:Okay; I'm gettin' way off topic here, but...

Does anyone know where I can download some (or all) of the "trunk monkey" vids? We do "safety moments" at the start of meetings at work, and I'd love to pull up one of those. Which means I'd need to actually download the file, not link to it at YouTube, for example.

Thanks in advance! And now back to your regularly scheduled programming...
There are several apps like this http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php out there on the web.

I think i just googled "how do i download youtube videos?" It gave me several sites.
Ø resist

Take away the second first, and the first is gone in a second.

NRA Life Member, TSRA, chl instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”