CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

wgoforth
Posts in topic: 7

Re: CHL holder killed by police in Las Vegas at a Costco

Post by wgoforth »

Another recent article on the subject http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/gunned-dow ... epage=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA Life Member
NRA Instructor for Refuse To Be A Victim
Instructor of Basic, Advanced and Defensive Handgun, CHL
http://www.castlekeepservices.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tamie
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tamie »

TXlaw1 wrote:I wish we would get what Kevin describes but fully expect a whitewash - to protect the Sheriff who is running for election and to keep the Las Vegas economy that is suffering from taking a bigger hit. After all, the motto is What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
That's why the best response is to keep publicizing the murder instead of letting them bury it.

seniorshooteress
Posts in topic: 33

Post by seniorshooteress »

TXlaw1 wrote:
Kevinf2349 wrote:
philip964 wrote:
Its now Las Vegas's big turn to show us they know how to investigate a shooting, and present the facts in a complete, honest and straight forward manner.
I think that is about as likely as them calling Gil Grisom back in to investigate it!

I would like to think that all of what you wrote will happen, but the cynic in me just can't see it ever happening. :confused5

What I think will happen is that there will be insufficent evidence to call it anything but a righteous shoot. They are not about to throw 3 murd....whoops officers under the bus and place themselves in the media spotlight. LV is almost as corrupt as Chicago so I don't expect anything but plaudits for the shooters and a villifying of Mr Scott.
:iagree:
:tiphat:
:iagree: I wish we would get what Kevin describes but fully expect a whitewash - to protect the Sheriff who is running for election and to keep the Las Vegas economy that is suffering from taking a bigger hit. After all, the motto is What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.
CHL Rec: 2/5/10
Member: TSRA/NRA
Project One Million: Texas-Click here and Join NRA Today!

I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive!

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 119

Post by baldeagle »

The inquest has begun. You can watch streaming video of the inquest. Right now jurors are being selected.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Keith B
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Keith B »

They just asked how many potential jurors in the Voir Dire how many had CWP's. There were only 2 and each stated they would not be biased one way or the other.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

puma guy
Posts in topic: 37

Post by puma guy »

Keith B wrote:They just asked how many potential jurors in the Voir Dire how many had CWP's. There were only 2 and each stated they would not be biased one way or the other.
Have they asked how many are LEO's?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sjfcontrol »

all I get is a spinning ball :confused5
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

chartreuse
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chartreuse »

sjfcontrol wrote:all I get is a spinning ball :confused5
It won't work for me either. But the same link works fine for my buddy in KY.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Keith B »

Currently reading out on the toxicology results with some very interesting findings about what was in his blood stream and the levels of those items.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Teamless
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Teamless »

me too
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

Teamless wrote:
me too
Try this one instead.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

The coroner has completed her testimony. Erik was shot once in the chest and thigh, once through the left armpit and four times in the back. One shot traveled upward through his left buttock and ended up near his liver on the right side of his body. Erik had lethal doses of prescription morphine and zanax (both are depressants) in his body, however he must have habituated to them because he appeared to be functioning normally.

SpringerFan
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SpringerFan »

baldeagle wrote:Erik had lethal doses of prescription morphine and zanax (both are depressants) in his body, however he must have habituated to them because he appeared to be functioning normally.
This is the worst news I have heard yet. Will probably be used against him.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
Col. Jeff Cooper

esxmarkc
Posts in topic: 5

Post by esxmarkc »

Erik had lethal doses of prescription morphine and zanax (both are depressants) in his body, however he must have habituated to them because he appeared to be functioning normally.
I'd like to see a hair follicle regression that shows his long term drug history. With the position he held he appeared to be EXTREMELY functional. And from his appearance he appeared extremely fit - I mean work out every day kinda fit looking. On that much pain management (morphine) and on that kind of fitness regime? I'm not one that buys into conspiracies but this is starting to stink.

And why does any of this matter? If they yelled stop and he did not reach for his gun and they opened fire shooting him in the back several times then how does ANY of this matter? Isn't the sequence of events the only thing that matters here. I don't get it. I mean even if he was on every drug known to mankind and he was leaving the Costco after he ate a candy bar without paying for it first how is that relevant? The only thing I want to hear about is the sequence of events in the shooting.
Keeping the king of England out of your face since 12/05/2009

chartreuse
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chartreuse »

esxmarkc wrote:And why does any of this matter? If they yelled stop and he did not reach for his gun and they opened fire shooting him in the back several times then how does ANY of this matter? Isn't the sequence of events the only thing that matters here. I don't get it. I mean even if he was on every drug known to mankind and he was leaving the Costco after he ate a candy bar without paying for it first how is that relevant? The only thing I want to hear about is the sequence of events in the shooting.
Quite.

Return to “Never Again!!”