Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

WildBill
Posts in topic: 89

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by WildBill »

Welcome to the Forum Larry101st. I look forward to your contributions. And thank you for your service. :patriot:

I had to look at the map to find Swinney Switch. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

USA1
Posts in topic: 143

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum Larry101st :patriot:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Lonest4r wrote:Hello everyone,
I just joined a few weeks ago and haven't introduced myself yet, so here it goes.

Male
Early 20s
Soon to be married(in January)
CHL tenure: only a few weeks
Dallas
Engineering student/ medical school applicant
Currently carry a Glock 26 IWB in a Galco Triton holster with Corbon DPX +p rounds. Taurus TCP in the pocket as a backup or when attire does not suit such a thick brick of a gun that the Glock tends to be. The Taurus also likes Corbon DPX!
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding and welcome to the forum!
We're having a couple DFW get-togethers in the coming weeks that you and your fiancee are invited and welcome to attend!
1) Pistols and socializing: DFW Get-Together - Come one, come all!
2) Long guns: Skeet Get-Together and Skeet Fundamentals Background Reading
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

comp73
Posts in topic: 1

Post by comp73 »

Hi all, :tiphat:

Joined a few weeks ago and came across the introduce yourself post, so I figured it was my turn.

Profession/school status: Computer geek
Marital status: Married
Years CHL: 3 weeks
Texas State Representative House District: 70 Ken Paxton
Carry guns/equipment: Right now, just a WW2 1911 colt .45, working on getting a HK p2000 .40

Mark
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

av8_r22

Post by av8_r22 »

Hey Y'all

I signed up on this site a couple of years ago. I did some reading, but never made a post. A few months later I joined the military and have been very busy ever since. So, here's my intro post, two and a half years late!

Profession: Soldier
Marital Status: Single
Years CHL: Two
Carry Guns/Equipment: Springfield XD45 Service in a Crossbreed Supertuck

Yesterday I signed up at GlockTalk.com to make a post about a purchase I'm considering, but decided not use that site. It's just too commercial. The site is covered in advertisements and paid memberships are a little too "encouraged". That's when I remembered this site. I like it a lot here. The design is really clean, simple, and usable. I don't have to wade through banner ads to find the content. There are a lot of really insightful, professional people here.

So, thanks to those who are responsible for providing this website, and all of those that contribute to the wealth of information available on it. I look forward hanging out!

Hoi Polloi
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Hoi Polloi »

Welcome, av8_r!

:tiphat:
Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you. -St. Augustine
We are reformers in Spring and Summer; in Autumn and Winter we stand by the old;
reformers in the morning, conservers at night. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

USA1

Post by USA1 »

Welcome to the forum av8_r22 :patriot: :patriot:

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Hello, Everyone,

I have browsed this site for more than a year now while contemplating, more like procrastinating, getting my CHL. This site is a wealth of information for anyone interested in CHL here in Texas. Thank you, Charles, for creating this most useful community.

For a couple of years now, my wife and I have discussed getting our CHLs. We hope to take the class within the next month at a nearby range. We have enjoyed shooting both longarms and handguns over the years, so have a good degree of familiarity with firearms. Each of us is a strong proponent of individual responsibility and the freedoms our forefathers recognized in the US Constitution, particularly the 2A as guarantor of the other freedoms. Recognizing that often "law enforcement officers are minutes away when seconds count", we want to join the ranks of CHL holders to help ensure our personal pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.

Our general locale is the Spring-Woodlands area.

Profession: Finance Analyst
Marital Status: Married 22 years to same woman
Children: 2 girls (one at home and one off at school)
Pets/Livestock: many different (individuals and species)
Years CHL: N/A; soon to take class
Carry Guns/Equipment: tbd; likely mousegun/compact 9 for EDC.

From the threads I have enjoyed reading, the community here is generally polite, thoughtful, supportive and thorough, as befits general subject matter with life and death consequences. I hope all my future comments meet this same standard.

God Bless,

Russ
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

WildBill
Posts in topic: 89

Post by WildBill »

Middle Age Russ wrote:Hello, Everyone,

From the threads I have enjoyed reading, the community here is generally polite, thoughtful, supportive and thorough, as befits general subject matter with life and death consequences. I hope all my future comments meet this same standard.

God Bless,

Russ
Welcome to the Forum Russ. I look forward to your future contributions. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member

USA1

Post by USA1 »

WildBill wrote:
Middle Age Russ wrote:Hello, Everyone,

God Bless,

Russ
Welcome to the Forum Russ. I look forward to your future contributions. :tiphat:
:iagree: and Welcome Middle Age Russ !

TheCytochromeC

Post by TheCytochromeC »

Hi I'm Chris. I'm 21 and study biochemistry. I'm really glad a forum such as this has been established. I had a feeling that you couldn't learn everything you need to know in a 10 hour course. This forum helps fill in the chasms.

USA1

Post by USA1 »

TheCytochromeC wrote:Hi I'm Chris. I'm 21 and study biochemistry. I'm really glad a forum such as this has been established. I had a feeling that you couldn't learn everything you need to know in a 10 hour course. This forum helps fill in the chasms.
Hello Chris.

With time you'll learn much more here than in the class. Prior to TexasCHLforum, most CHLers and aspiring CHLers had to wing it on their own. The only other real source for information that I know of at that time was the "Frequently asked questions" section and the statutes on the DPS website. While it was informative, it lacked any in depth info like you'll find here.

Mastodon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Mastodon »

TheCytochromeC wrote:Hi I'm Chris. I'm 21 and study biochemistry. I'm really glad a forum such as this has been established. I had a feeling that you couldn't learn everything you need to know in a 10 hour course. This forum helps fill in the chasms.
You could never learn everything in a 10 hr class or an 80-yr life.

Welcome aboard. :cheers2:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

Mastodon
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Mastodon »

Mastodon wrote:
You could never learn everything in a 10 hr class or an 80-yr life.

Welcome aboard. :cheers2:
However, pay attention in both. :cool:
Chartered By The Republic of Texas in 1845

NRA
TSRA

Μολών Λαβέ

dgindrup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by dgindrup »

I think ive already introduced myself, but here goes again since I just came back to this site after a long hiatus.

My Names is David
Marital Status: Married - 5 years
Wife - Meghan ( has taken CHL class, doesnt have her plastic yet)
Carry Gun - Taurus MilPro PT140 .40 S&W
Optional Carry - Sigpro 2340 .40S&W

I took my CHL class over a year ago, but the DPS lost my application ( took them 9 months to admit it) retook my CHL 3 weeks ago, mailed via certified mail on 09-07 received by DPS on 09-09, still awaiting update on CHL website.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified RSO

08/28/10 - CHL Class Taken
09/07/10 - Package mailed to DPS
09/09/10 - Package received by DPS
09/29/10 - Fingerprints updated
10/08/10 - Background Check updated
10/16/10 - Plastic mailed
10/21/10- Plastic in hand

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”