Concealed carry that isn't really all that concealed

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Roger Howard
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Roger Howard »

carlson1 wrote:
Roger Howard wrote:The sheep don't notice.
This is the very reason many of them become victims.
Yes sir. And the felons mentioned in the preceeding like oblivious sheep and not possible LEO/gun toters for prey.
If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Roger Howard wrote:And the felons mentioned in the preceeding like oblivious sheep and not possible LEO/gun toters for prey.

:iagree:

dihappy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dihappy »

2. I quickly tired of the crowds and noise, so I went outside and sat on a bench at one of the entrances. A group of 5 or 6 young men (late teens - early 20s) walked in. All had the urban hip-hop look: baggy T-shirts and loose pants or sweats. One stood out from the others. Every time he turned, his right hand patted his waistline just to the right of center. Maybe he's making sure his cell phone is still there. Maybe he's checking that the gun he shoved in his pants hasn't fallen down. I dunno, but I locked on him and his buddies until they entered the mall.
Haha, maybe he's also got a CHL :)

kw5kw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kw5kw »

Roger Howard wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
Roger Howard wrote:The sheep don't notice.
This is the very reason many of them become victims.
Yes sir. And the felons mentioned in the preceding like oblivious sheep and not possible LEO/gun toters for prey.
Exactly, they want soft targets, such as schools where they know there will be no weapons--not just guns.

My take on this is: If a person of the criminal persuasion is contemplating some heinous act, then they are (as you have indicated) looking for a soft target: i.e.: the path of least resistance, just like water or electricity always looks for the path of least resistance.

They hate any “speed bumps� that might re-direct or otherwise deter their efforts, and once they pick up that any of these barriers exists in their path, they, almost certainly will abandon their plan and additionally wait for another day to try or go somewhere else to attempt their dastardly deed on a softer target.
Russ
kw5kw

Retired DPS Communications Operator PCO III January 2014.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”